*OTHER TOURAMENT GAME THREAD, Dec. 27-30*/Post updates, scores here

19 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Did Silsbee try the strategy of let Burgess do whatever he wants but stop everyone else or did they try to run with Benton??

Silsbee played their normal press and fast paced style. Caused a lot of turnovers in the first half, but Benton figured it out and was able to break the press and run. The height advantage was a killer. Silsbee went cold in the 2nd half, not taking bad shots, they just weren't falling. Burgess heated up in the 2nd half, but Harris probably led all scorers w/ maybe 25-30 points. Miller had at least twenty also.

20 minutes ago, DXTR said:

Silsbee played their normal press and fast paced style. Caused a lot of turnovers in the first half, but Benton figured it out and was able to break the press and run. The height advantage was a killer. Silsbee went cold in the 2nd half, not taking bad shots, they just weren't falling. Burgess heated up in the 2nd half, but Harris probably led all scorers w/ maybe 25-30 points. Miller had at least twenty also.

Silsbee has to rebound better. Also had a lot of good stops defensively then turned the ball right back over. First time I have watched them this year, I do like them having the jones kid out there for his 3-point shooting.

One problem I've noticed is Silsbee often tries to push the ball up the court too fast when they get it and will turn it right back over. This usually leads to free points for the other team. They need to teach these kids to pay attention first and foremost before passing the ball out.

And one of our star players needs to take it to the hoop and draw fouls when we go cold shooting the ball.

Still, there's no real shame in losing this one. It should be perfectly clear by now what we need to clean up if we want to be playing in March.

15 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

One problem I've noticed is Silsbee often tries to push the ball up the court too fast when they get it and will turn it right back over. This usually leads to free points for the other team. They need to teach these kids to pay attention first and foremost before passing the ball out.

And one of our star players needs to take it to the hoop and draw fouls when we go cold shooting the ball.

Still, there's no real shame in losing this one. It should be perfectly clear by now what we need to clean up if we want to be playing in March.

I agree. They line those things out and they will be fine. Miller still in football shape lol