Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

On 12/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, Reagan said:

Do a little history check and see what these programs looked like before these coaches arrived.  But remember, these coaches were not Elite when the arrived.  They earned it!

carthage had 6 losing seasons in the 30 years before Surratt arrived.  He came into a school with a considerable amount of consistent talent and with a consistent history of making the playoffs, and his excellent coaching got them over the hump. 

Coach Buchanan did a great job at Aledo, but in his first 15 years only won one state title (in his sixth year, ironically).  He then went 9 more without one, before the area growth brought more talent his way.  Consequently, Aledo has won 11 of the last 15 championships despite having 3 different coaches over that time.  Did they luck into 3 elite coaches in a decade?  I kinda doubt it.  Buchanan may have started things off, but they have a major talent edge there.

That said, HJ has 3 winning seasons in 20 years, and that was one special group of kids.  BC has two winning seasons in the last 10 years, ironically enough with the same coach and QB as a couple of those decent HJ teams.  You're still comparing apples to oranges.  Surratt could absolutely come to those schools and turn them around and make them winners, but he's not taking them to state or anywhere close to it unless a whole bunch of kids move in with him. 

23 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Coach Buchanan did a great job at Aledo, but in his first 15 years only won one state title (in his sixth year, ironically).  He then went 9 more without one, before the area growth brought more talent his way.  Consequently, Aledo has won 11 of the last 15 championships despite having 3 different coaches over that time.  Did they luck into 3 elite coaches in a decade?  I kinda doubt it.  Buchanan may have started things off, but they have a major talent edge there.

If you want to move this response to another thread then thats fine. I just feel the need to elaborate. Coach Buc built Aledo into what it is today. The culture, the system, expectations, ect, is all installed by Coach Buc. You said he won 1 state title in his first 15 years, which was '98 against Cuero. Well, something that was not mentioned is the steady progression of our playoff runs. This thing has been building from the ground up. The Years in red that are underlined prove this point. The other two coaches you mentioned are Coach Steve Wood and Coach Robby Jones (current coach). Coach Wood was in Aledo 11 years, most as the DC before taking over and Coach Jones has been in Aledo 18ish years before taking over. Both Coach Wood & Jones have taught that system for awhile. So they did not try to change things for the sake of it. They have their own styles but they do not let their ego get involved. Thats exactly what we need. People that respect what is working. You also mention a major talent edge. Against most teams, I would agree, against certain playoff team, maybe, against other state finalist, not really. Aledo grew up beating teams more talented than them. All those years where we got knocked out in the 3rd-5th rounds, show we didnt have a talent edge. Not a lot of kids going to play on Saturday. I'd say La Marque, Temple, Manvel, Brenham in '09, were all teams that had more talent than us on the field in the state games. Maybe even Fort Bend Marshall too in '18 & '19. But our coaching has been outstanding and we have won a lot of games that on paper we should lose. 

State Champions: '98 '09 '10 '11 '13 '14 '16 '18 '19 '20 '22 '23
State Finalist: '74 '17
State Semifinalist: '72 '97 '04 '06 '07 '15
State Quarterfinalist: '96 '99 '02 '03 '05
Regional Finalist: '67 '68 '70 '77 '00 '01 '21
Area Finalist: '08 '12
Bi-District Finalist: '62 '71 '73 '76 '81 '87 '88

Hearing Peevey is interested in this one also.

Zero Playoff wins in the past two seasons after catching "lightning in a bottle" in his first year has the Bear Faithful growing impatient. They gave him a turf field like he requested and zero playoff wins to show for it since.

WRONG FORUM, meant for this to be on the NEDERLAND post.

Admins, please move. My mistake

Edited by BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN
WRONG FORUM

3 minutes ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

Zero Playoff wins in the past two seasons after catching "lightning in a bottle" in his first year has the Bear Faithful growing impatient. They gave him a turf field like he requested and zero playoff wins to show for it since.

Here we go....

1 hour ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

WRONG FORUM, meant for this to be on the NEDERLAND post.

Admins, please move. My mistake

Same "lightning in the bottle" mainly Juniors team that went 1-7 the year prior?  Wrong forum but this warranted a response. You may hear "impatient" from 1 or 2 clueless folk but your info is clearly biased and 100% false. 

39 minutes ago, GridIronGary said:

Slot T is staying in the OF! Write it down. There's a Bobcat and two Pirates that would be the best for the job. I've heard there's a bear involved but why?!! 3 yards and a cloud of dust

I have a feeling it's not the bear people are thinking of - I don't think any Pirates are in the running, but I could have heard wrong :)

On 12/16/2023 at 6:17 AM, setxathlete14 said:

He may hear them out... there may be a few suggestive circumstances but all in all.......again, i am 99.8% sure it's not happening though. Screenshot this post and take it to the bank. This is not a dart through or speculation 

Thank you, I am certainly Eric peevey will not even try to go, his kids are a part of the bear family and he is fully committed. His younger brother on the other hand may be seeking an opportunity, maybe even another bear who’s name hasn’t been thrown around much.

10 minutes ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

Anyone know about the Harmony ISD Coach Jeremy Jenkins?

Heard tonight it’s down to him and the OC at LC-M

JEREMY JENKINS
5 year; 47-17-0; 5-4-0
---staff, Tenaha---
2019  Mount Enterprise--           9-2-0*
2020  Tenaha--                         10-3-0*
2021  Tenaha--                           9-3-0*
2022  Gilmer Harmony               9-6-0 R
2023  Gilmer Harmony             10-3-0*
4 outright District Championships in 5 years.  If he's actually one of the finalist, looks like a no-brainer!  

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD