Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

Unfortunately for your thoughts, no school is going to hire an 0-50 coach.  More likely that would get you fired.  Although this coach might be the nicest guy in the world.  

Buna just hired one in girls hoops who had a very poor record at his previous school.  He wasn’t a popular hire for that reason, understandably.  I contended he was a very good hire because I know the young man, his passion, his character, and his tremendous knowledge of the game.  In his first year, I would say he’s done a very good job by virtually all accounts.  And it will only get better as he and his girls grow.  So sometimes, those Ws and Ls can be misleading. 

in point of fact, Nick Saban has a losing record in the nfl.  What a hack 😉

22 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Championship coaches usually win within 7 years.  Do a little fact checking.  But, again, there are only less than 10% active Elite coaches.  Contrary to some beliefs, not all coaches have the ability to be championship coaches.  

Back in the 90s when Vidor was 5A and playing North Shore, WB, Central, TJ, the Baytowns and getting our brains beat in week in and week out... all we needed was a new coach?!?!? Dang

21 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Words from the man's mouth himself : doesn't plan on going anywhere until his kids are graduated if they'll have him there.

I’m definitely not saying you are wrong but the guy he’s replacing had the same story until he was officially hired.  And I can promise you it tore him up inside but sometimes you have to say what you have to say because you aren’t at liberty yet to say otherwise.  It’s just the nature of the beast and many coaches would love to be completely transparent but just can’t until they can.  Best I can explain it.  Again, you may be 100 percent correct on Peevey.  But it wouldn’t be the most shocking thing in the world if you weren’t.  Primarily for the reasons you state for why he is staying. 

43 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

But why?!?!.... Maybe because the talent was already on campus... DUH.

So, what you are saying is that the previous coaches couldn’t do it with this talent already on campus?  So, then, you agree with me that it took a potential Elite coach to make the difference?!

29 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Back in the 90s when Vidor was 5A and playing North Shore, WB, Central, TJ, the Baytowns and getting our brains beat in week in and week out... all we needed was a new coach?!?!? Dang

Yes.  But Vidor’s history of hiring coaches may have been the problem.  Just say!  

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

So, what you are saying is that the previous coaches couldn’t do it with this talent already on campus?  So, then, you agree with me that it took a potential Elite coach to make the difference?!

Bless your heart.... NO!  I'm saying that because the talent is NOT up to par with other schools. 

46 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Dude just stop.  You're making yourself look even more crazy and ridiculous than you already are. 

No, you are making assertions about Vidor’s previous history based on bad coaching.  Since the late 70’s Vidor has hired only one decent coach.  And he actually won an outright District Championship.  Never done before and never done after.  
So — who are you actually blaming for Vidor’s past failures?  The kids or the coaching?

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I’m definitely not saying you are wrong but the guy he’s replacing had the same story until he was officially hired.  And I can promise you it tore him up inside but sometimes you have to say what you have to say because you aren’t at liberty yet to say otherwise.  It’s just the nature of the beast and many coaches would love to be completely transparent but just can’t until they can.  Best I can explain it.  Again, you may be 100 percent correct on Peevey.  But it wouldn’t be the most shocking thing in the world if you weren’t.  Primarily for the reasons you state for why he is staying. 

There's no chance. There's more to it than just that.

2 hours ago, BLUE_LEFT_LEFT_ONE_ELEVEN said:

you believe every thing he says? 

Would you expect him to go around saying "Yeah i like LCM but if this job, this job or this job comes open id take it"??????

Absolutely he would NOT say that, that would  be dumb on his part.

More to it than just that......Quote me right now... there is 0 chance. Idk how much more sure that is lol

7 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Orangefield has some great talent coming up, I wonder if they try and hire a coach that runs the slot t or time to move to the spread. 

Is that the only two offenses available to play in football anymore?  Slot T or Spread?

What about pistol, zone read RPO, power wing or power I, double Wing, run-n-shoot,  60/40 series, veer ?  Are those obsolete? 

5 minutes ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Is that the only two offenses available to play in football anymore?  Slot T or Spread?

What about pistol, zone read RPO, power wing or power I, double Wing, run-n-shoot,  60/40 series, veer ?  Are those obsolete? 

Not at all obsolete, they have a qb that can pass it pretty well. Would like to see an air raid offense from him. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD