Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

True!  I guess the Elite coaches we talk about can’t any of this.  

Simpleton....ALL YOU TALK ABOUT are the W's and L's.... It's more than that!.... Most kids are realistic enough to know that they are NOT going to compete with the top tier programs in the state.  NO matter who the coach is!  Dude are you that clueless?!?!?!? 

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Language

15 hours ago, Reagan said:

You think there’s no difference in the Carthage coach and the Nederland coach?

Comparing Surratt to virtually any HS coach in the country is kind of like comparing an NFL coach to Lombardi or Belichick.  Virtually every coach will fall short.  Kind of like asking a basketball player why he’s not as good as Jordan or LeBron, or why he doesn’t shoot it as well as Curry. 

42 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Simpleton....ALL YOU TALK ABOUT are the W's and L's.... It's more than that!.... Most kids are realistic enough to know that they are NOT going to compete with the top tier programs in the state.  NO matter who the coach is!  Damn dude are you that clueless?!?!?!? 

Exactly.  Nick Saban could coach Bridge City.  They ain’t beating Carthage 99 times out of 100.  Maybe 100 out of 100 but I hate to ever say anything is impossible. 

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Help me out:  How many State Titles does Carthage have before Surratt got there?

This is tricky for me because I think HE (and others like Briles, Todd Dodge, etc.) could have similar results at Gilmer, Daingerfield, probably Newtons and West Oranges as well.  But he can’t do what he’s done at Bridge City or Orangefield.  Mr Magoo could walk through the weight rooms at those schools and see there’s a huge difference in the jimmy’s and joes.  And football is the most difficult because of the numbers you need. A lot less difficult in hoops where you only need 7-8 dudes to field a team.  

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Exactly.  Nick Saban could coach Bridge City.  They ain’t beating Carthage 99 times out of 100.  Maybe 100 out of 100 but I hate to ever say anything is impossible. 

Well, how many do you think may have said the same thing about Carthage, Aledo and Stephenville before Surratt, Buchanan and Briles showed up? 

20 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Words from the man's mouth himself : doesn't plan on going anywhere until his kids are graduated if they'll have him there.

you believe every thing he says? 

Would you expect him to go around saying "Yeah i like LCM but if this job, this job or this job comes open id take it"??????

Absolutely he would NOT say that, that would  be dumb on his part.

1 minute ago, Reagan said:

Well, how many do you think may have said the same thing about Carthage, Aledo and Stephenville before Surratt, Buchanan and Briles showed up? 

I have no idea.  But do you honestly believe those schools have a similar talent pool as Bridge City? Comparing Bridge City to those in places is a bit misguided, to be overly kind. 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I have no idea.  But do you honestly believe those schools have a similar talent pool as Bridge City? Comparing Bridge City to those in places is a bit misguided, to be overly kind. 

You mean BC doesn't have D1 athletes on both sides of the ball?!?! 😮

And @Reagan, I get where you are coming from and I agree with you plenty on the effects a great coach can have on a school. Smalley became the all time winningest coach at OF but you seem to think BC was crazy for hiring him.  And your definition of “elite” is a bit nuts buddy.  And I mean that in the kindest possible way.  If you don’t think Kevin Foster at Big Sandy is “elite” because he doesn’t have a state title, you’ve lost your mind.  I could take anyone with an above average basketball IQ to watch BS play and they would agree they are about as well coached as is possible in that sport.  He’s better than the majority of college coaches I’ve seen. 

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Again, this is where we’ll disagree.  It’s not about the talent pool.  It’s about getting right coach.  Will some teams ever get the right coach?  No!  We see that around here.  
Do a little study on how bad it was at Stephenville before Briles got there.  Brownwood was the big dog.  Then Stephenville won 4 Titles in 7 years.  
I wonder what Aledo’s history looked like before Buchanan arrived?  

Again, this is where we’ll disagree.  It’s not about the talent pool.  It’s about getting right coach.  Will some teams ever get the right coach?  No!  We see that around here.  
Do a little study on how bad it was at Stephenville before Briles got there.  Brownwood was the big dog.  Then Stephenville won 4 Titles in 7 years.  

Not about the talent pool?!?!?  If one of these "elite" coaches walked in the door tomorrow at BC, Vidor, OF, etc., they would have them winning titles with the talent currently on campus???

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

And @Reagan, I get where you are coming from and I agree with you plenty on the effects a great coach can have on a school. Smalley became the all time winningest coach at OF but you seem to think BC was crazy for hiring him.  And your definition of “elite” is a bit nuts buddy.  And I mean that in the kindest possible way.  If you don’t think Kevin Foster at Big Sandy is “elite” because he doesn’t have a state title, you’ve lost your mind.  I could take anyone with an above average basketball IQ to watch BS play and they would agree they are about as well coached as is possible in that sport.  He’s better than the majority of college coaches I’ve seen. 

As I’ve stated many times, Elite status is what I believe.  My success bar is higher than most.  

Just now, Right99JOH said:

Not about the talent pool?!?!?  If one of these "elite" coaches walked in the door tomorrow at BC, Vidor, OF, etc., they would have them winning titles with the talent currently on campus???

They did exactly that at the schools they went to. A FACT!  Now all of a sudden they can’t?

4 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Do a little study on the population growth of Aledo and the metroplex in general and see if you can connect those dots. 

Just now, Right99JOH said:

You are saying that the talent at Carthage, Aledo, and these other schools with "elite" coaches is the same at the BC's, OF's of the state???

Do a little history check and see what these programs looked like before these coaches arrived.  But remember, these coaches were not Elite when the arrived.  They earned it!

1 minute ago, Right99JOH said:

I do not need to check anything.  Answer the question!

I did.  I’m telling you there was no difference between those schools and the ones you are talking about.  I guess you would say that at Carthage, Aledo and Stephenville that ANY coach could have accomplished the same thing that Surratt, Buchanan and Briles did.  I think that would be highly improbable.  

I did.  I’m telling you there was no difference between those schools and the ones you are talking about.  I guess you would say that at Carthage, Aledo and Stephenville that ANY coach could have accomplished the same thing that Surratt, Buchanan and Briles did.  I think that would be highly improbable.  

No difference huh.  Same talent walking around on campus huh.  Literally L M A O at you!

6 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Sure... with time and the right resources.  But according to Reagan, those coaches could walk in tomorrow and start winning titles.

Championship coaches usually win within 7 years.  Do a little fact checking.  But, again, there are only less than 10% active Elite coaches.  Contrary to some beliefs, not all coaches have the ability to be championship coaches.  

3 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Championship coaches usually win within 7 years.  Do a little fact checking.  But, again, there are only less than 10% active Elite coaches.  Contrary to some beliefs, not all coaches have the ability to be championship coaches.  

But why?!?!.... Maybe because the talent was already on campus... DUH.

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD