A Tale of Two Cities

Cougtalk

28 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Please don't.  All of our 1st or 3rd round losses have been to either a regional finalist, champ, state finalist, or state champ.  We are not the same and our path is affected by the 1st round district and or region.  Dist 7 5A was 3-1 against this district and were the last district standing to get out of the region.  5A Div2 reg 3 has an easier path.  Apples and Oranges when you look at the data

Bingo 

51 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Please don't.  All of our 1st or 3rd round losses have been to either a regional finalist, champ, state finalist, or state champ.  We are not the same and our path is affected by the 1st round district and or region.  Dist 7 5A was 3-1 against this district and were the last district standing to get out of the region.  5A Div2 reg 3 has an easier path.  Apples and Oranges when you look at the data

The NS of 5A gets me everytime 😂 like we have the numbers they have. That poster not the only one to speak like that on here. 

Ppl better start checking the demographics of this town and HS also, it's been shifting. Ppl better start appreciating the wins we currently get. 

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

Shocking you would post this line of excuses. The whole if we played in a different division against different teams on different levels with different coaches and a different color ball then you would see!!!!! Oh and predominantly white teams or not athletic!!! Can't leave that out. 

1 hour ago, png409ndns said:

Shocking you would post this line of excuses. The whole if we played in a different division against different teams on different levels with different coaches and a different color ball then you would see!!!!! Oh and predominantly white teams or not athletic!!! Can't leave that out. 

Okay.  I didn't say *bleep* about race......

yet.....

However, 2 3rds, a 4th and a 1st ain't that impressive of a resume`  getting out but can't fault the $5 for being in a weak region.  Y'all won the games that were laid out....

2 minutes ago, png409ndns said:

Your post doesn't make any sense as far as a rebuttal, but hey go off though. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

38 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I actually posted that to prove that I was indeed a varsity coach contrary to what some on here believe…never came on here & said how good of a coach I was. No need to do that I have 3 state championship rings to validate me. So yeah you did indeed make that up, just like you made up me saying coaching doesn’t matter lol

So, you did post those videos? What did I make up then?

And, no, you get no validation from those rings. Coaching doesn’t matter at all. Especially not from freshman coaches. It was all about talent. 

Further, you’ve been bragging about your coaching experience from day 1, and you’ve made yourself a laughingstock. Newsflash: If you have to tell us you’re important, you aren’t. And, it’s obvious you need a few more years as a coach to learn something about football because every single take you have had on this site isn’t just wrong, but laughably so. It’s been great to witness. So, I think I do agree with you - Talent is the most important thing for a team, because if YOU were a coach, talent is the only explanation for North Shore’s success. They had to overcome you AND the other team. I guess we’re in agreement then. 

54 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

So, you did post those videos? What did I make up then?

And, no, you get no validation from those rings. Coaching doesn’t matter at all. Especially not from freshman coaches. It was all about talent. 

Further, you’ve been bragging about your coaching experience from day 1, and you’ve made yourself a laughingstock. Newsflash: If you have to tell us you’re important, you aren’t. And, it’s obvious you need a few more years as a coach to learn something about football because every single take you have had on this site isn’t just wrong, but laughably so. It’s been great to witness. So, I think I do agree with you - Talent is the most important thing for a team, because if YOU were a coach, talent is the only explanation for North Shore’s success. They had to overcome you AND the other team. I guess we’re in agreement then. 

You made up me saying how great of a coach I was…which is something I’ve never said once on this site. I posted the videos for a very specific reason that I already clarified. Yet you continue to ignore that, just like you continue to ignore the fact that I never said coaching that don’t matter. 

Only on SETX Sports Forum does state championship rings not validate coaches.

And let me guess takes a from a guy who never played or coach this game is more credible than someone that’s actually done & experienced everything that you pretend to be knowledgable about huh? L O L

31 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You made up me saying how great of a coach I was…which is something I’ve never said once on this site. I posted the videos for a very specific reason that I already clarified. Yet you continue to ignore that, just like you continue to ignore the fact that I never said coaching that don’t matter. 

Only on SETX Sports Forum does state championship rings not validate coaches.

And let me guess takes a from a guy who never played or coach this game is more credible than someone that’s actually done & experienced everything that you pretend to be knowledgable about huh? L O L

So, for the rest of the class : Are you a great coach? Or are you not a great coach? 

2 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Answer mine…

You didn’t ask a question, and I placed none of my credentials into the discussion, so they’re irrelevant. You are the one trying to establish yourself as an authority because you were the “slap balls together” guy at North Shore. So, are you a good coach or not? It seems like this should be an easy question to answer, since you bring it up so much. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Your post doesn't make any sense as far as a rebuttal, but hey go off though. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

My point is there is always an excuse for PAM. From Coach X Box to who they match up with. Over the years it is the same every year. And it never comes without a cheap shot at PNG from 85. 

18 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

You didn’t ask a question, and I placed none of my credentials into the discussion, so they’re irrelevant. You are the one trying to establish yourself as an authority because you were the “slap balls together” guy at North Shore. So, are you a good coach or not? It seems like this should be an easy question to answer, since you bring it up so much. 

Guess you missed that question mark at the end of the sentence huh?

Also I didn’t  speak on any of my credentials until you started trying to discredit them. I actually was only giving my opinion on why I felt talent matters more than coaching. Of course you continue to make up nonsense cause you have nothing factual to base your knowledge or me nor your stance on why coaching matters around. But it’s a free country continue to speak on things you’re clueless about lol 

And to answer your question how many bad coaches you know won 3 state titles at the 6A D1 level? 

2 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Guess you missed that question mark at the end of the sentence huh?

Also I didn’t  speak on any of my credentials until you started trying to discredit them. I actually was only giving my opinion on why I felt talent matters more than coaching. Of course you continue to make up nonsense cause you have nothing factual to base your knowledge or me nor your stance on why coaching matters around. But it’s a free country continue to speak on things you’re clueless about lol 

And to answer your question how many bad coaches you know won 3 state titles at the 6A D1 level? 

So, just to be clear : You ARE saying you’re a good coach. You pretended you weren’t, but now you admit that you are. Which brings us full circle : You don’t want to make actual arguments. You just want to say, “I was a coach! Therefore, I’m right! Did I mention that I was a coach? Did ya’ll HEAR me that I was a coach?” It doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong. 

Also, I hate to break it to you: You didn’t win 3 state titles. You road the coattails of a guy who did, and, by your own admission, the talent at North Shore had more to do with winning than the coaches. So, congratulations, I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

So, just to be clear : You ARE saying you’re a good coach. You pretended you weren’t, but now you admit that you are. Which brings us full circle : You don’t want to make actual arguments. You just want to say, “I was a coach! Therefore, I’m right! Did I mention that I was a coach? Did ya’ll HEAR me that I was a coach?” It doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong. 

Also, I hate to break it to you: You didn’t win 3 state titles. You road the coattails of a guy who did, and, by your own admission, the talent at North Shore had more to do with winning than the coaches. So, congratulations, I guess. 

Cool story 

The two year run with Coach P was from remnants of Coach Rio attracting talent to Crosby HS. The outside talent mixed with the local talent created a good tenure while Rio was here. Coach P didn't spend enough time here to establish the program which will attract (not recruit) talent.

I would go on to say Coach Rio was probably the best coach in Crosby history. Proof in the pudding, that why he is playing for a State title this week.

#Make Coaches Great Again

On 12/13/2023 at 12:11 PM, CCRed said:

Let’s look at PAM. In my opinion they should be the NorthShore of 5A. They have talent all over the field. That talent can’t seem to equate to a deep playoff run. If PAM had the right coach, they would dominate.  This is an example of where Coaching matters more than talent. You can have all the talent in the world, but with no guidance, you aren’t going to make those deep runs. 

I also believe that PAM has the potential.  They are not reaching that potential.  One has to wonder what PAM would look like if Surratt or Buchanan was their coach?  I would say the look would be dramatically different.  UNLESS, one thinks there is actually no difference between Surratt and the PAM coach!

10 hours ago, Reagan said:

I also believe that PAM has the potential.  They are not reaching that potential.  One has to wonder what PAM would look like if Surratt or Buchanan was their coach?  I would say the look would be dramatically different.  UNLESS, one thinks there is actually no difference between Surratt and the PAM coach!

I can't emphasize enough the talent leap from 6A to 5A D1 to anything else below that.....

It took PAM 8 years after being combined to be a constant fixture in what was 5A and that peak was 2011 semifinal appearance losing to Steele.  After that we fell off until dropping to 5A which the game change to who dropped down with us while we still had our "big school" team speed.  Now, its region and 1st round dependent on how PAM does since divisions were created.  Of couse, with people having attention spans the length of gnats, they forget losing starting QB twice in what y'all refer to as 1 round woes.  So, when they shuffle the dominoes in 2 month, we'll see PAM's chances to win the region on paper because there are high expectations for the next two years based on returning experience

15 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

The two year run with Coach P was from remnants of Coach Rio attracting talent to Crosby HS. The outside talent mixed with the local talent created a good tenure while Rio was here. Coach P didn't spend enough time here to establish the program which will attract (not recruit) talent.

I would go on to say Coach Rio was probably the best coach in Crosby history. Proof in the pudding, that why he is playing for a State title this week.

#Make Coaches Great Again

Common denominator…”TALENT”

People forget all the stuff that was talked about Kenny Harrison on here for years. Tell me what’s the main difference between his tenure in PA & Summer Creek? I’ll tell you TALENT! He’s been to the 3rd round 4 years in a row & now playing for a state title cause he has talent. 

I’ll say it again coaching DOES matter but not over talent. You could put Nick Saban at either BISD school & he wouldn’t win. Talent is the #1 ingredient for success, this is literally common sense. You’ve never seen a coach win anything without having talent.

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

People forget all the stuff that was talked about Kenny Harrison on here for years. Tell me what’s the main difference between his tenure in PA & Summer Creek? I’ll tell you TALENT! He’s been to the 3rd round 4 years in a row & now playing for a state title cause he has talent. 

I’ll say it again coaching DOES matter but not over talent. You could put Nick Saban at either BISD school & he wouldn’t win. Talent is the #1 ingredient for success, this is literally common sense. You’ve never seen a coach win anything without having talent.

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this site. And that's saying something.

Talent is a key ingredient for a successful football program. Having talent isn't important so much as being able to make the most of the talent you have. The best coaches are the ones who utilize their players' talent and abilities to their full potential. Coaches like Coach Todd and Coach Joseph are very good at developing the talent they have available to them. The proof is in the pudding; West Brook's talent level didn't magically evaporate when Coach Peevey left.

There is no coach anywhere in the sport more capable of maximizing his players' potential than Nick Saban. If he were coaching at West Brook or United, Beaumont wouldn't have enough trophy cabinets to fit all the accolades he'd bring home.

19 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this site. And that's saying something.

Talent is a key ingredient for a successful football program. Having talent isn't important so much as being able to make the most of the talent you have. The best coaches are the ones who utilize their players' talent and abilities to their full potential. Coaches like Coach Todd and Coach Joseph are very good at developing the talent they have available to them. The proof is in the pudding; West Brook's talent level didn't magically evaporate when Coach Peevey left.

There is no coach anywhere in the sport more capable of maximizing his players' potential that than Nick Saban. If he were coaching at West Brook or United, Beaumont wouldn't have enough trophy cabinets to fit all the accolades he'd bring home.

SOC just had like 12 D1 players last year…go look at SOC before Coach Todd showed up. You think SOC just magically started pissing out multiple D1 players when a certain coach showed huh? Y’all be so lost man 😂you think Coach Todd developing talent? 

Actually WB talent did indeed have a drop off in talent while Peevey was there. Peevey had ONE great year at WB in 2018, then the following year they finished 3rd in district & lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs. The year after that they finished 5-6 & lost in the first round of the playoffs. So did Peevey all of a sudden forget how to coach the year after playing for a state title? Y'all think BISD is full of talent? I can only think of one kid that’ll sign a FBS scholarship in football this year. 

& Yes Saban is indeed maximizing his players talent, but guess what? He going get the top players in the country to maximize not just any old average HS kid. He playing with a roster full of 4/5 Stars for a reason. Cause having TALENT is the top priority, common sense.