Free Throws

no-look

10 minutes ago, no-look said:

How’s everyone liking the new free throw format?  

I have had several discussions with local coaches and to a man, nobody thinks it really helps one team over another.

Me personally, I think it helps the aggressive defensive team because after each quarter, the foul count is reset to zero. A team can foul more than 5 times in first quarter but not have to worry about their opponent going to the line the remainder of the half.

It's got it's pros and cons.

I know it takes some getting used to even with the game officials. Heck I have had to correct a couple officials in a couple of games this season.

So far this season I have yet to see a game be decided by the new foul format and I have seen over 60 games so far this season.

6 hours ago, rupert3 said:

Lot of confussion when the scorekeeper doesn't reset the fouls and then the arguments start.

That's what I was referring to in my earlier post.

A couple of times I sat at score table and had to remind an official or two about foul count being reset. Each time they responded "oh yea, I forgot".

Just going to take some getting used to.

3 hours ago, Tech Wolves said:

I feel we miss some opportunities for the 1 and 1. Kids can make or miss the first and helps with strategy near the end of game. No change was needed.

If I read your post right, They can still make the first and miss the second for strategy.  Like if they still need two more to win the game after he makes the first. and hope for a rebound.  Lots of situations.