Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

18 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Alright folks, forum rules prohibit bashing an individual player. The commentary about Liberty Hill's nose tackle is getting excessive.

You have to respect the heart and dedication of any kid that size who finds a way to play a position like that well. PN-G fans in particular should know that; many, many times, the Indians have overcome size and athleticism disadvantages to win games they weren't expected to win.

Let's move on to another subject.

Amen!

1 hour ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Alright folks, forum rules prohibit bashing an individual player. The commentary about Liberty Hill's nose tackle is getting excessive.

You have to respect the heart and dedication of any kid that size who finds a way to play a position like that well. PN-G fans in particular should know that; many, many times, the Indians have overcome size and athleticism disadvantages to win games they weren't expected to win.

Awe, little Johnny feelings were hurt.  It is only fun banter.  If you cant take it, quit reading.  If someone honestly thinks in today day and age size doesn't matter, well your an idiot.  Look how PNG was whipped last year by the size of SOC.  Not to mention they were athletic too.

1 hour ago, PN-G bamatex said:

9 minutes ago, Lamar1996 said:

Awe, little Johnny feelings were hurt.  It is only fun banter.  If you cant take it, quit reading.  If someone honestly thinks in today day and age size doesn't matter, well your an idiot.  Look how PNG was whipped last year by the size of SOC.  Not to mention they were athletic too.

I'm going to say that I and probably 95% of the people on this site agree on not bashing a particular kid on this site. And if you consider degrading a teenaged boy as "fun banter", then you need a hug and maybe some professional help.

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I'm going to say that I and probably 95% of the people on this site agree on not bashing a particular kid on this site. And if you consider degrading a teenaged boy as "fun banter", then you need a hug and maybe some professional help.

I'm pretty sure I never said anything remotely negative toward any individual.  The individual your are referring to, I actually praised for the effort.  Still doesn't matter, because you liberals will always change wording around to meet your reasoning.  

2 minutes ago, Lamar1996 said:

I'm pretty sure I never said anything remotely negative toward any individual.  The individual your are referring to, I actually praised for the effort.  Still doesn't matter, because you liberals will always change wording around to meet your reasoning.  

What individual are you referring to? I didn't name or point out a specific person.

I'm far from liberal, I just don't want to hear from a grown man (I'm guessing) talking about "little Johnny" or any other kid.

21 minutes ago, FearTheSpear said:

Who is bashing an individual player?  When a LH fan says a certain player is gonna hit PNG so hard the fans are gonna feel it,  you can bet I’m gonna say something.  I hope our boys have more fight tomorrow than some on here appear to have 🤷🏻‍♂️

The discussion about the player's size started long before that post was made.

Y'all move on to another topic.

I would not sleep on LH. This is going to be a game. The deception in the offense will score points. We will need to play our game and stay turnover free. No punks left in the semi round. These guys know what we do, and we know what they do. I expect a tight game, unlike last year. Watch the game film. Expect them to load the box, and crash the end like everyone else is doing. We will have to adjust to win this one. However I expect “Red” to have  a good plan for us, as he always does. If we can throw the ball enough, and keep them off balance, we can win. I do think we are the better matchup against SOC. But that’s another story for another week. 

Liberty Hill has the advantage of getting hot at the right time. Their young violent defense has merged together and found them selves. Due to consistent injuries early on, Liberty Hill has developed a deep roster from their backups playing lights out and now that we are back to health from starters, we have many duel threat weapons in our arsenal.

That Nose tackle 44 has had a whole off season and summer of living in the weight room as well as playing Forward in Rugby. He hungry. I’ve had the honor and privilege of watching this particular young man grow up. He is a young General ready to go to war.

I was thoroughly impressed by PNG last year against LH. From their aggressive old school football to their Gladiator arena crowd. A team being led by the son of a Legendary head coach has lived up to the bill

2 minutes ago, LibertyHillBilly said:

Liberty Hill has the advantage of getting hot at the right time. Their young violent defense has merged together and found them selves. Due to consistent injuries early on, Liberty Hill has developed a deep roster from their backups playing lights out and now that we are back to health from starters, we have many duel threat weapons in our arsenal.

That Nose tackle 44 has had a whole off season and summer of living in the weight room as well as playing Forward in Rugby. He hungry. I’ve had the honor and privilege of watching this particular young man grow up. He is a young General ready to go to war.

I was thoroughly impressed by PNG last year against LH. From their aggressive old school football to their Gladiator arena crowd. A team being led by the son of a Legendary head coach has lived up to the bill

You win best username 

3 minutes ago, LibertyHillBilly said:

I have no doubt LH is going to come out swinging. I think the question we need to ask ourselves re: Liberty Hill is what do they have that we aren’t seeing. I don’t see a lot in camera to make me worry, but they’re where they are for a reason. That speaks to immeasurables like character, grit, toughness, and mental discipline. They can win this game, and if we’re looking to At&T, they will.  

29 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I would not sleep on LH. This is going to be a game. The deception in the offense will score points. We will need to play our game and stay turnover free. No punks left in the semi round. These guys know what we do, and we know what they do. I expect a tight game, unlike last year. Watch the game film. Expect them to load the box, and crash the end like everyone else is doing. We will have to adjust to win this one. However I expect “Red” to have  a good plan for us, as he always does. If we can throw the ball enough, and keep them off balance, we can win. I do think we are the better matchup against SOC. But that’s another story for another week. 

You’ve been quiet. Nice to see your take on things. 

20 minutes ago, LibertyHillBilly said:

You going to be doing the game announcing? 

This lie is still spreading. It’s an astonishing sequence: (1) PNG fans want to see the game; (2) LH selects a small stadium; (3) Both sides have the same opportunity to buy tickets; (4) PNG fans buy available tickets because they want to watch the game; (5) LH fans don’t buy enough tickets; (6) PNG fans are still desperately trying to locate tickets because there aren’t nearly enough; (7) LH fans claim PnG fans are trying to limit THEM from going to the game.

The ability to simultaneously be the cause of their own problems AND to be so especially aggrieved by PNg’s reasonable actions taken in response is incredible. If PNG had its way, every single fan from both sides would attend. Someone might say, “Well, you should have won the coin toss.” Why is it that when we win the coin toss, we make sure MORE fans from the other side can come, but when we lose it the other team tries to leave our fans out?  And, given that truth, how are we the bad guys?

IMG_7203.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

This lie is still spreading. It’s an astonishing sequence: (1) PNG fans want to see the game; (2) LH selects a small stadium; (3) Both sides have the same opportunity to buy tickets; (4) PNG fans buy available tickets because they want to watch the game; (5) LH fans don’t buy enough tickets; (6) PNG fans are still desperately trying to locate tickets because there aren’t nearly enough; (7) LH fans claim PnG fans are trying to limit THEM from going to the game.

The ability to simultaneously be the cause of their own problems AND to be so especially aggrieved by PNg’s reasonable actions taken in response is incredible. If PNG had its way, every single fan from both sides would attend. Someone might say, “Well, you should have won the coin toss.” Why is it that when we win the coin toss, we make sure MORE fans from the other side can come, but when we lose it the other team tries to leave our fans out?  And, given that truth, how are we the bad guys?

IMG_7203.jpeg

I don't see on their X. Did they take it down?

4 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

IMG_7203.jpeg

The only problem is you're missing a few steps between one and two...I may have to go into witness protection for my comments😄 but PN-G fans had an entire day to purchase tickets I remember the days we had to camp out in bitter cold to get tickets..if the fans didn't get tickets that's a THEM problem the players and coaches would play the game in a mudhole in Munday as long as the field was 100 yards had two endzones and two goalposts...I've never seen part of a fan base bitterly complain about a coach based solely on rumor and innuendo. I think CardinalBacker is on to something the new slogan for PN-G should be Honor, Pride, Tradition, and Petty😺