PN-G vs Montgomery Lake Creek #3 vs #1

prepballfan

6 hours ago, 1970 said:

Not trying to look ahead, but Randle may really be the team to watch out for, PNG or anyone else. 

Let’s see what happens this week - I think we might have to deal with Huntsville instead. The Hornets aren’t the same team they were a few weeks ago. And that’s assuming PNG even wins this week (I think we will, but still). 

2 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Let’s see what happens this week - I think we might have to deal with Huntsville instead. The Hornets aren’t the same team they were a few weeks ago. And that’s assuming PNG even wins this week (I think we will, but still). 

Yeah, I'm not looking past MLC, just looking over at the other games. This should be a good game, but I think if PNG keeps playing like they've been playing then they'll take it to them. I'm just glad that LC is the one that's ranked #1. PNG already played the team that was ranked #2, and won that one, 7-0.  

5 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Picked up a ticket myself I'm sure yall won't mind a Bulldog cheering on the Indians😄

I love this. In 2012 I was at the regional semis and quarterfinals for Nederland. Even wore black and gold. It was a great time, especially that last touchdown pass against Pearland Dawson - one of the top sports experiences of my life. The crowd went ballistic. 

4 hours ago, NDNmom91 said:

FOR REAL!  PayK12 is NOT user friendly and SUPER glitchy!  I’m hoping PNG and Nederland will consider going to something else after the MCM ticket FIASCO cause there’s others that are WAY better!  

I spoke to soon. Apparently half the tribe was experiencing a glitch. Probably because we all swooped in at once. We may need to start using Stub Hub..lol

45 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

If anyone wants to check out how South Oak Cliff looks this year here's their game vs. Melissa I don't think their defense is as good this year 

This is the hidden content, please

I watched that video - I’m not sure what to think. On the one hand, I think SOC is clearly the best in the state, but their secondary is more vulnerable than last year, and they may even be someone we can run against.They may be a little smaller than last year too. But, they’re still big and fast, and extremely well-coached. What struck me was they seem to run a similar offense and defense to PNG - just a lot of power running with enough passes to keep the defense honest. The two teams are mirrors of each other (I think some of the coaches share coaching trees). The biggest difference, other than size and speed, is their qb runs , and not just in power wildcat formations. But, the overall concepts look the same. 

I think Lovejoy might take them out. Melissa got handled , but they showed that throwing a variety of passes all over the field can expose SOC. Melissa didn’t start moving the ball until they committed to passing. Lovejoy is built for passing. They’re probably the only team in the state that matches SOC’s D1 secondary with a D1 receiving corp. Still, I’d have to predict a SOC victory when that game comes. 

9 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I watched that video - I’m not sure what to think. On the one hand, I think SOC is clearly the best in the state, but their secondary is more vulnerable than last year, and they may even be someone we can run against.They may be a little smaller than last year too. But, they’re still big and fast, and extremely well-coached. What struck me was they seem to run a similar offense and defense to PNG - just a lot of power running with enough passes to keep the defense honest. The two teams are mirrors of each other (I think some of the coaches share coaching trees). The biggest difference, other than size and speed, is their qb runs , and not just in power wildcat formations. But, the overall concepts look the same. 

I think Lovejoy might take them out. Melissa got handled , but they showed that throwing a variety of passes all over the field can expose SOC. Melissa didn’t start moving the ball until they committed to passing. Lovejoy is built for passing. They’re probably the only team in the state that matches SOC’s D1 secondary with a D1 receiving corp. Still, I’d have to predict a SOC victory when that game comes. 

Lovejoy can run the football too Lovejoy's size is going to be a problem for SOC I think this year Lovejoy gets by SOC 

15 hours ago, NDNmom91 said:

FOR REAL!  PayK12 is NOT user friendly and SUPER glitchy!  I’m hoping PNG and Nederland will consider going to something else after the MCM ticket FIASCO cause there’s others that are WAY better!  

Some of that could have been the demand on the site.   MCM is a different animal than a regular game or even a playoff game as far as people wanting tickets.

25 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Some of that could have been the demand on the site.   MCM is a different animal than a regular game or even a playoff game as far as people wanting tickets.

The traffic on the website for this week’s playoff game during the first hour after sales opened yesterday apparently crashed the system for a few minutes. The online vendors these schools use just aren’t accustomed to this level of community support.