PN-G vs Montgomery Lake Creek #3 vs #1

prepballfan

4 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Lake Creek is probably the most overrated #1 team I can remember in awhile they gave up 27 points tonight vs. a terrible Austin Crockett offense...PN-G will have a field day vs Lake Creek defense next week that's my only prediction 

No disrespect to LC cause I’m sure they’ll be our toughest test yet, however I agree the #1 ranking seems quite overrated.  But same story last year with “big bad” FBM and Liberty Hill who were ranked above us right up until they WEREN’T….lol!  

We win games by being the most physical team on the field.  What the boys did to Rouse last night was a statement.  Coach Mc and the defense will take away what you like to do on offense and make you win another way.  Lake Creek’s offense runs through RB Tyvonn Byers, he’s a stud.  If PNG can neutralize him and limit the big plays they win by two scores.  

I don’t think their defense matches up with our offense well at all.  PNG is gonna lean on you for 4 quarters and that takes it’s toll on less physical teams.  

7 hours ago, NDNmom91 said:

No disrespect to LC cause I’m sure they’ll be our toughest test yet, however I agree the #1 ranking seems quite overrated.  But same story last year with “big bad” FBM and Liberty Hill who were ranked above us right up until they WEREN’T….lol!  

Bingo. Whose next.

15 minutes ago, png409ndns said:

My biggest concern with Lake Creek is the zone read. If PNG loads up on 21 the QB will run it and is good at it. They throw a lot of WR screens and passes to the flats. Our OLBs will need to play very disciplined football. 

Right - they have a ton of options, and have shown the ability to adjust throughout the game. You stop one thing, they do something else. 

I definitely agree that Lake Creek is a little overrated with the 1 ranking.  They look good and they like to run it up on bad teams.  Their toughest opponent this season I’m sure is Richmond Randle.  That was a pretty close game until LC erupted for 21 straight points in the 4th Qtr.  However, Randle had over 500 yards of offense, and LC won the turnover battle 4-0.  Huntsville also had a 17 point 2nd half lead after punching them in the mouth early, but their defense tired and LC got the momentum back for the comeback win.
PNG needs to key on bowling ball Byers and keep him in check at the line of scrimmage.  Don’t let him get a head of steam or he is hard to bring down.   I think when LC meets the physicality of PNG, they won’t stand up.  Wouldn’t shock me if PNG runs away with it.  Wrong team is #1. 

Watching Lake Creek play Huntsville. I think we can come away with a win in this one. Gonna have to key on and shut down their RB, #21 Byers, and their run up the middle.  As someone else posted, I don’t think LC has met a defense as stout as PNG this year. 

PNG 24

LC     10

Keep rollin INDIANS!

11 hours ago, Eazy said:

I definitely agree that Lake Creek is a little overrated with the 1 ranking.  They look good and they like to run it up on bad teams.  Their toughest opponent this season I’m sure is Richmond Randle.  That was a pretty close game until LC erupted for 21 straight points in the 4th Qtr.  However, Randle had over 500 yards of offense, and LC won the turnover battle 4-0.  Huntsville also had a 17 point 2nd half lead after punching them in the mouth early, but their defense tired and LC got the momentum back for the comeback win.
PNG needs to key on bowling ball Byers and keep him in check at the line of scrimmage.  Don’t let him get a head of steam or he is hard to bring down.   I think when LC meets the physicality of PNG, they won’t stand up.  Wouldn’t shock me if PNG runs away with it.  Wrong team is #1. 

Not trying to look ahead, but Randle may really be the team to watch out for, PNG or anyone else.