Montgomery Lake Creek (53) @ Nederland (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

9 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Honestly the biggest problem I see is the lack of size along the offensive and defensive line. The other things like technique and discipline can be corrected...we got pushed around bad the last 3 games of the year got to get those kids in the weight room this offseason

Badabing, anyone who has watched PNGs size difference the last couple of years and still says the kids are the same, is blind or stupid.  Ned has had superior lines in the past when PNG has not, this is high school, you don’t recruit size.  You can improve strength which Ned needs to focus on, but PNG owns the line against most 5As in the state right now

6 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Badabing, anyone who has watched PNGs size difference the last couple of years and still says the kids are the same, is blind or stupid.  Ned has had superior lines in the past when PNG has not, this is high school, you don’t recruit size.  You can improve strength which Ned needs to focus on, but PNG owns the line against most 5As in the state right now

What about the 2 kids over 6 foot 250 plus quitting the team because of family vacation over the summer?  When the OL coach said they wasn’t committed to the team? 

17 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

The game has changed so much over the past 40 years it's not even funny I still have a game from 1987 when Arlington outweighed Odessa Permian 70 pounds a man and was able to advance simply on technique and coaching...but one thing remains the same if my team can control the line of scrimmage their going to win most of the games played...PN-G has both coaching and size the domination in the trenches is really a sight to see...Nederland has neither of those and that's why the program is in the shape its in right now just my opinion 

28 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

+1...it's high school football in Mid-County...the talent comes and goes.  Things will even out and circle back to where Nederland has a few years of talented kids with size and speed walking the halls.  Then, all of a sudden, Monte Barrow will be a great coach again.  Right now, the Indians are riding the wave of talented kids, good size on the OL/DL, and excellent coaching.  Anyone who has watched PN-G and Nederland football since the 1950s knows that the good times and bad times swing back and forth.

30 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

What about the 2 kids over 6 foot 250 plus quitting the team because of family vacation over the summer?  When the OL coach said they wasn’t committed to the team? 

Earlier someone posted that Ned has no organized workouts outside of normal football workouts, so not sure what facts are, but these two things don’t match up

2 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

+1...it's high school football in Mid-County...the talent comes and goes.  Things will even out and circle back to where Nederland has a few years of talented kids with size and speed walking the halls.  Then, all of a sudden, Monte Barrow will be a great coach again.  Right now, the Indians are riding the wave of talented kids, good size on the OL/DL, and excellent coaching.  Anyone who has watched PN-G and Nederland football since the 1950s knows that the good times and bad times swing back and forth.

This makes way too much sense for several Nederland “Fans”

8 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

100% agree

10 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Earlier someone posted that Ned has no organized workouts outside of normal football workouts, so not sure what facts are, but these two things don’t match up

No strength(hitting the weight room) workouts before or after school after football season is complete during the school year. 
If you are worried about the summer workouts and making them mandatory you already lost for the year. When coaches are telling your players to quit sports to focus on football, to skip family vacations to show up for workouts and 7on7 games against PA over the summer you done for. 

18 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Nederland didn’t have good years for many many years. How many years did PNG beat Nederland in a row now? 

9 hours ago, Brubaker said:

You must’ve missed 1994-2021??

From 65-83 Nederland never beat PNG it was up til 84 Nederland finally did win that’s what I was referring about…. Almost 20 years but I guess you wanna go back to that route since you have those Monte shades on… 

94-16 Nederland did indeed have good years… 

Monte record against PNG is 2-5 a win every 3 years.. so I guess he’s due next year? 

Nuemann era 17-7

Im glad to see you are ok with Losses to arch rival, going below .500 and just making the playoffs… LMAO 

On 11/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, NHSBulldogFan said:

Honestly the biggest problem I see is the lack of size along the offensive and defensive line. The other things like technique and discipline can be corrected...we got pushed around bad the last 3 games of the year got to get those kids in the weight room this offseason

My point is with some enthusiasm those big kids are walking the halls at Nederland r leaving for other schools. You have them you just have to get them on the field. Brandon Faircloth really reignited the winning tradition at PNG. One year we had the most wins across all sports in a single season in our history. Another year we had the most playoff wins across all sports in our history. That is because so many kiddos wanted to be a part of that winning tradition.. You never know your best o or d lineman maybe playing Tuba, or a powerlifter who has no interest in football because of the lack of success the last few seasons. What is going on at Nederland is very fixable and I know you will. I cant wait for it to happen. That goes for all SETX schools. I love it when our area is successful. Unlike certain people on here who hate other schools in our area for whatever hatred they have in their hearts. I will root for any SETX football team in the playoffs. Good luck to all SETX Reps get the win tonight. 

I do not know why some players are quitting to go to 1 sport or simply walking the halls at Nederland 

I do know that the football players are not getting quality coaching.  If they were, you would not see the results we are seeing.

I see an offense that can’t score against good teams, a defense that, has given up more points in 1 season than a team should give up in 3, and special teams that may have possibly been the worst in the district.

The last 2 seasons have been really bad and surely the administration has seen this.

IMO, it is past time for coaching changes at Nederland 

On 11/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, spidersal said:

I do not know why some players are quitting to go to 1 sport or simply walking the halls at Nederland 

I do know that the football players are not getting quality coaching.  If they were, you would not see the results we are seeing.

I see an offense that can’t score against good teams, a defense that, has given up more points in 1 season than a team should give up in 3, and special teams that may have possibly been the worst in the district.

The last 2 seasons have been really bad and surely the administration has seen this.

I have three kids in my neighborhood that played last year and I just asked them why they didn’t play this year and they said it was because of the coaches.  They had a whole lot to say.  This would have been their Sr year

On 11/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, 1989NDN said:

100% I've been saying it's the natural circle of things. Nederland had their time from 2011-2015 and now it's PNGs turn. PNG wasn't all that great then but now it's swung back. It's in these times though that Nederland has a chance to start building early to have another 2012 caliber team (which imo would have went to state if the new districts were like they are today) and not playing next years 6A move up. Anyway it's facts. It'll swing back around 

On 11/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, spidersal said:

The quitting is so bad everyone knows about it. They don't like the coaching staff and tbh it's been past time for the "run left run right and pass" calling to go. We don't have a Mosley, Raines, Kimler, Krautz or Seay to bail us out anymore. Pass the ball like a team from the 2020s not 1980. Just my .02 but if the staff is an issue they need to clean it out. Say all you want about the "kids need to toughen up" stuff. Tell it to the booster who pay for wins. Trust they won't accept that excuse. Hopefully this team stays for next year 

1 hour ago, Bulldogpower said:

100% I've been saying it's the natural circle of things. Nederland had their time from 2011-2015 and now it's PNGs turn. PNG wasn't all that great then but now it's swung back. It's in these times though that Nederland has a chance to start building early to have another 2012 caliber team (which imo would have went to state if the new districts were like they are today) and not playing next years 6A move up. Anyway it's facts. It'll swing back around 

The times (2011-2015, 2012) you stated, what's the overriding factor that will not allow Nederland to return to those days?  

The superintendent and board members should know the pulse of the situation.  I believe they will either make the right decision or make no decision.  If there is a problem with the staff, they will pull the trigger.  If this is a phase of unmotivated kids, then we'll have to wait it out.  Someone needs to find that dang button.  Next year, I hope will come soon.