Montgomery Lake Creek (53) @ Nederland (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

Don’t overlook the attendance number differential trend between Nederland and png…I am hearing that png turned in 1701 and Nederland 1492…the 2 districts used to be very close and now, you are starting to see a bit of a gap…could pngisd beating NISD to the “new school” punch have anything to do with that? I don’t know, but food for thought

48 minutes ago, Razor said:

Don’t overlook the attendance number differential trend between Nederland and png…I am hearing that png turned in 1701 and Nederland 1492…the 2 districts used to be very close and now, you are starting to see a bit of a gap…could pngisd beating NISD to the “new school” punch have anything to do with that? I don’t know, but food for thought

Are you saying the reason that Nederland looks so bad in football and PNG looks so good in football is the 209 attendance differential?  Or, are you saying something else?

Coaching changes are tricky. Must be the right coach. PNG got it right with the help of Dodge. A lot of folks snickered when PNG hired Todd to help with the search but the guy knows the guys in the business that can beat you with theirs or yours. Pretty sure a certain NISD school board member has TD’s number 😉

1 hour ago, badndn said:

Coaching changes are tricky. Must be the right coach. PNG got it right with the help of Dodge. A lot of folks snickered when PNG hired Todd to help with the search but the guy knows the guys in the business that can beat you with theirs or yours. Pretty sure a certain NISD school board member has TD’s number 😉

I still don't know any confirmed, for sure, details about PNG's coaching change. I'm just a somewhat casual observer, though, and haven't pushed or nosed around for any details. But I do know that Faircloth and his family were fairly popular with players and PNG families. A dedicated PNG sports site even has a separate place in the forum dedicated to him, and folks still follow the team that he now coaches. There were several players that quit football over it. Of course, the kids that stuck it out enjoyed last years' success, and so this year several of the boys that left, returned, and are part of this years' team.

I don't think Coach J. was very widely popular at first with last year's team. He worked them very hard.  Only the kids that wanted it,  stuck it out. Especially after the first game, the disaster home game against Memorial, PNG's worst home opener ever, many folks were shaking their heads. By the end of the season last year, almost all of the above was forgotten. 

7 hours ago, Razor said:

PNG has pretty much always been bigger.  Some years it was closer.  PNG was 5a for a few years while Nederland was still 4a

On 11/21/2023 at 4:23 PM, A BUC 77 said:

The superintendent and board members should know the pulse of the situation.  I believe they will either make the right decision or make no decision.  If there is a problem with the staff, they will pull the trigger.  If this is a phase of unmotivated kids, then we'll have to wait it out.  Someone needs to find that dang button.  Next year, I hope will come soon.

I'm in the camp that the school board does nothing...complacency (we made the playoffs!!!) and the good ol boy system are deeply entrenched at Nederland 

43 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I'm in the camp that the school board does nothing...complacency (we made the playoffs!!!) and the good ol boy system are deeply entrenched at Nederland 

Well, unfortunately you are probably right.  Again, how does home cooking suggest/recommend that home home cooking be removed?  Super could make that recommendation to the board.  To continue down this path is to have the fans, students and athletes suffer.  Plus -- suffer to have to continue watch your neighbor city have all the fun and excitement!  

19 hours ago, Reagan said:

Well, unfortunately you are probably right.  Again, how does home cooking suggest/recommend that home home cooking be removed?  Super could make that recommendation to the board.  To continue down this path is to have the fans, students and athletes suffer.  Plus -- suffer to have to continue watch your neighbor city have all the fun and excitement!  

If all else fails we can rebel and support the team across the tracks😳

20 hours ago, Reagan said:

The problem with this is the Superintendent is home cooked too