Montgomery Lake Creek (53) @ Nederland (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

8 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Not when you're the athletic director athletic director is an administrative position 

I know what it looks like, but I think there’s a caveat.  I think his main employ is as HC with the added title of AD.  Doesn’t the Principal have to be highest paid on campus, Including the HC/AD?   Plus, his office is not in the Admin building.  So, If the Principal is the highest paid on campus then, yes, she’s his boss.  Again, I believe this is the case.  

1 minute ago, Reagan said:

I know what it looks like, but I think there’s a caveat.  I think his main employ is as HC with the added title of AD.  Doesn’t the Principal have to be highest paid on campus, Including the HC/AD?   If the Principal is the highest paid on campus then, yes, she’s his boss.  Again, I believe this is the case.  

I believe you are correct 

On 11/11/2023 at 3:44 PM, Reagan said:

I know what it looks like, but I think there’s a caveat.  I think his main employ is as HC with the added title of AD.  Doesn’t the Principal have to be highest paid on campus, Including the HC/AD?   Plus, his office is not in the Admin building.  So, If the Principal is the highest paid on campus then, yes, she’s his boss.  Again, I believe this is the case.  

You are wrong sir.   

2 hours ago, dme1111 said:

Is another humiliating loss enough to bring change? Probably not... But one can only HOPE!!

People with the power to do something has got to see what everyone else sees.  Especially what's going on in the neighboring city of PNG.  Hiring the right coach can eventually get you there.  Why not try and do the right thing so the Nederland faithful can experience what the PNG faithful has experienced the past two years.  But, there's not much faith that Nederland can do the right thing.  Since 1967, only one out of 9 hires has been any good.  And that one good hire, it took them three tries.   Thoughts?!

23 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Maybe I’m crazy but I always wonder why wouldn’t PNG & NED combine schools & make one big 6A it would put them around 3k students (if the numbers I googled are correct) and def would probably be a big help for athletics 

Because, and I know this is controversial, it's not always about football. Lol. I think there are a lot more factors that are considered than winning state. I know, I know...blasphemy. Plus then there would be no more MCM. Once again, I hear you, who cares right? I'm just telling you what "they" would say... Plus all those poor Nederland kids walking the halls with the privileged PNG elite? Hard to imagine...

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Because, and I know this is controversial, it's not always about football. Lol. I think there are a lot more factors that are considered than winning state. I know, I know...blasphemy. Plus then there would be no more MCM. Once again, I hear you, who cares right? I'm just telling you what "they" would say... Plus all those poor Nederland kids walking the halls with the privileged PNG elite? Hard to imagine...

Nederland kids considered poor? Lol

It would be funny to bring that old post back when Barrow got the job on here… ( if someone can find it) on who applied and see how they have done… there’s a lot of people that wanted Barrow to get the job back then now have changed there mind I see. Lol I guess the narratives have changed. 

I for one wanted Chad Simmons to get the job from get go, it came down to him and Monte for it…I’m guessing people are finally taking those bulldogs glasses off. 

7 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Maybe I’m crazy but I always wonder why wouldn’t PNG & NED combine schools & make one big 6A it would put them around 3k students (if the numbers I googled are correct) and def would probably be a big help for athletics 

Because if we formed one school I don't think we could compete with 6a competition we would be middle of the pack..atleast PN-G is competitive in 5A Division 2

2 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Because if we formed one school I don't think we could compete with 6a competition we would be middle of the pack..atleast PN-G is competitive in 5A Division 2

Exactly - It wouldn’t automatically result in us being good. And the area of the district would be too big.  Besides, Nederland kids would hate having to wear purple :)