**POST ALL DISTRICT PICKS HERE**

Bobcat1

District 22-3A 

For Orangefield 

Defensive MVP - Hannah Block - Jr.
Newcomer of the Year - MiKayla Locke - Fresh. 
Outstanding MB - Greenlea Oldham Sr. 

First Team:

Brianna Moore - Sr.
Lela Francis - Sr. 

Second Team: 

Kaitlyn Jenkins - Sr.

Honorable Mention:

Kaylee Gravett - Sr.  

Full List Here - 

This is the hidden content, please

District 17-5A All District Team

Co MVPs - Peyton Fadal Setter Barbers Hill  -Katy Barger OH  Sterling

Offensive Player of the Year - Sanaa Donaie MB Goose Creek Memorial

Defensive Player of the Year - Kamryn Smith OH Nederland

Blocker of the Year - Chloe Morgan MB Barbers Hill

Setter of the Year - Ava Martinez Goose Creek Memorial

Newcomer - Kylee Whittington Setter Sterling

Coach of the Year - Alicia Nava Goose Creek Memorial

1st Team

Mia Rivers - BH Libero

Peyton Spahn - BH OH

Kynlea Gibbs - BH RS

Briana Galvan - Sterling - Libero

Bailee Payne - Sterling - OH

Kate Valt- Crosby OH

Blakeley Burks - PNG OH

Shyla Houston - GCM 

Aracely Nunez - GCM

Jolia Williams - Lee

Meagan Wilson - Nederland

Naysa Arnold - Nederland

2nd Team

Malia Martinez - BH OH

Ada Ingvarsen - BH DS

Kennedy Birdsell - Sterling S

Kaly Adair - Crosby

Maya Grace - Crosby

Addison Bost - PNG

Shaelyn Cobb- PNG

Allie Wright - PNG

Ava Patrizi - Ned

Reagan Friesz - Ned

Dekarra Anderson - PAM

Islyn Edwards - GCM

20 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

District 17-5A All District Team

Co MVPs - Peyton Fadal Setter Barbers Hill  -Katy Barger OH  Sterling

Offensive Player of the Year - Sanaa Donaie MB Goose Creek Memorial

Defensive Player of the Year - Kamryn Smith OH Nederland

Blocker of the Year - Chloe Morgan MB Barbers Hill

Setter of the Year - Ava Martinez Goose Creek Memorial

Newcomer - Kylee Whittington Setter Sterling

Coach of the Year - Alicia Nava Goose Creek Memorial

1st Team

Mia Rivers - BH Libero

Peyton Spahn - BH OH

Kynlea Gibbs - BH RS

Briana Galvan - Sterling - Libero

Bailee Payne - Sterling - OH

Kate Valt- Crosby OH

Blakeley Burks - PNG OH

Shyla Houston - GCM 

Aracely Nunez - GCM

Jolia Williams - Lee

Meagan Wilson - Nederland

Naysa Arnold - Nederland

2nd Team

Malia Martinez - BH OH

Ada Ingvarsen - BH DS

Kennedy Birdsell - Sterling S

Kaly Adair - Crosby

Maya Grace - Crosby

Addison Bost - PNG

Shaelyn Cobb- PNG

Allie Wright - PNG

Ava Patrizi - Ned

Reagan Friesz - Ned

Dekarra Anderson - PAM

Islyn Edwards - GCM

I'm dumbfounded by these selections, to be honest.  How a team that steamrolls the district, whose only "bad" loss was to 6A Vandergrift, and made it to the Region Finals didn't dominate these awards is frankly embarrassing for this district.  The 3rd and 4th place teams should not have more players with top district honors than the start to finish 1st place team.  The district defensive player is an outside hitter???  Looks like a bunch of sour grapes to me.

2 hours ago, THS99 said:

I'm dumbfounded by these selections, to be honest.  How a team that steamrolls the district, whose only "bad" loss was to 6A Vandergrift, and made it to the Region Finals didn't dominate these awards is frankly embarrassing for this district.  The 3rd and 4th place teams should not have more players with top district honors than the start to finish 1st place team.  The district defensive player is an outside hitter???  Looks like a bunch of sour grapes to me.

Have to wonder did they say every playoff team has to have someone get an award? Even the coach of the year, how did that one come about? If you scratch my back I'll scratch yours? 

The coaches/players of the by far and away district champion get hosed in these awards every year.

There's girls on the bench in 7th grade at BH middle school who are more deserving of "all district selections" than some of these at various schools.

And for the life of me, I can't fathom a "coach of the year award" going to a school who didnt win the DC ?

But its 2023, so everybody gets a trophy.

4 hours ago, LIBERTY82 said:

The coaches/players of the by far and away district champion get hosed in these awards every year.

There's girls on the bench in 7th grade at BH middle school who are more deserving of "all district selections" than some of these at various schools.

And for the life of me, I can't fathom a "coach of the year award" going to a school who didnt win the DC ?

But its 2023, so everybody gets a trophy.

Pretty much. 

17 minutes ago, highsky said:

If you're talking about BH having 7 girls on the all district team, it's because one is a libero who can play for anyone on back row regardless of rotation or position.

BH also has more depth of talent than the other teams.  The girls who were not on the starting six would be standouts on any other district teams.  

1 hour ago, THS99 said:

BH also has more depth of talent than the other teams.  The girls who were not on the starting six would be standouts on any other district teams.  

I believe that.  BH has VB talent oozing out their ears. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised at the outcomes of the superlative awards.  Sometimes, ego and jealousy dominate when players should be rewarded for their hard work.  I get that a player for a team can be deserving to be put up but if a another player is superior in all aspects of play, then the superior player should be voted in.  Sometimes someone is better and should not be punished for being better. 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:51 AM, THS99 said:

Facts

3 hours ago, highsky said:

If you're talking about BH having 7 girls on the all district team, it's because one is a libero who can play for anyone on back row regardless of rotation or position.

Wasn’t talking about any team in particular because I have no dog in the fight.

my point is the watering down of the all district 1st team 2 team and honorable mention

6 positions (make it 7 with libero) so only 7 players should make 1 team, 7 on second team

Whatever the sport…..the number of players on the field/court is the same number of players on all district teams.

having 10,12,15 volleyball players on each all district team is a joke and I don’t even see how anyone can take it seriously.

Just my opinion.  

District committee s get it together people

maybe we should change it to the “non” all district teams…..it would be more fitting cause there would only be about 7 players that didn’t make the all district team.

14 hours ago, Pkvalt said:

But then every player in the rotation for BH, Sterling and GCM wouldn’t have gotten something. Can’t have that. 🙄

For Barbers Hill it makes sense, generally if you only lose one set the entire year it means the team as a whole is much better than everyone else. I think 3 BH girls made HM as well so its not like they all made it. 

What is watered down in my opinion is, lets take the MVP for example.  In other districts, MVP doesn't remove you from making 1st team as well. So there is a first team awarded and then a MVP chosen from that group of girls.  In this district they appear to do it backward, they award the top awards and then backfill with other girls to the point that when you get to 1st team you are actually really talking about 3rd team or 4th team. Lets look at the setter position, according to the list above MVP- S, Setter of the Year- S, Newcomer of the Year -S, so by the time you get to 1st team setter you are talking the 4th setter and 2nd team setter is 5th!  Crazy

It has gotten out of hand, the coaches should make a 1st team of 7, then choose the awards from that and then create a second team of 7. The rest are HM.

I agree with what you’re saying about choosing the 1st team and then picking the superlatives from that. The thing is they wouldn’t get the superlatives they did if they did that. Everyone who watched this district knows exactly who the best at each of those positions were this season. Probably going to ruffle some feathers but it’s the truth. 
Give MVP and coach of the year to the top team. The rest should be based on actual individual performances not their team’s record. Then this all looks a lot different is all I’m saying.

On 11/16/2023 at 1:34 PM, Pkvalt said:

I agree with what you’re saying about choosing the 1st team and then picking the superlatives from that. The thing is they wouldn’t get the superlatives they did if they did that. Everyone who watched this district knows exactly who the best at each of those positions were this season. Probably going to ruffle some feathers but it’s the truth. 
Give MVP and coach of the year to the top team. The rest should be based on actual individual performances not their team’s record. Then this all looks a lot different is all I’m saying.

Ok so it was done your way,  what does your team look like?  Do you not think the RS for BH deserved to get a superlative whether it be newcomer or offensive?  If it was based on team records I don't think that would be the case. 

1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

Ok so it was done your way,  what does your team look like?  Do you not think the RS for BH deserved to get a superlative whether it be newcomer or offensive?  If it was based on team records I don't think that would be the case. 

I think the RS from BH was the best RS in the district and could have gotten Newcomer.