**POST ALL DISTRICT PICKS HERE**

Bobcat1

50 minutes ago, Pkvalt said:

Nah, if kills leader wasn’t going to get offensive POY, Sanaa was a good choice. 

Agreed.  The district's top awards didn't make sense, but neither did the team selections.  My gripe about the OPOY going to GCM is that they also had the Setter of the Year and Coach of the Year.  If you have the top two offensive awards and coach of the year, you shouldn't have to have a play-in game for 3rd/4th, you would expect a team with those attributes to be markedly better.  Honestly, anyone who watched all these teams knows who had the top offensive and defensive players and which had the top coach.  Congratulations to GCM, though, but if the snapshot numbers in the Football forum are valid, these could be the last big volleyball awards they see for a while.

We all think we know who the best players were. Wonder if they’re the same? Lol

GCM going up to 6A is interesting. All their programs are going to struggle. Their middle is great and I’m not hating on her getting offensive. Of course I wish our program was better so my kid could be considered but it is what it is. She did all she could with the team she was on.

8 hours ago, Pkvalt said:

We all think we know who the best players were. Wonder if they’re the same? Lol

GCM going up to 6A is interesting. All their programs are going to struggle. Their middle is great and I’m not hating on her getting offensive. Of course I wish our program was better so my kid could be considered but it is what it is. She did all she could with the team she was on.

Well it doesn’t help that half of this district either didn’t keep stats or have decided to keep them hidden and off of Max Preps. Not that Max Preps is perfect, but besides seeing each team play in person, it’s the only tool available to gauge player performance and metrics. 

As for GCM, their pending predicament is really an issue with GCCISD, and Baytown, as a whole. Three high schools have diluted each athletic program to a point of perpetual mediocrity. Yeah, you might get occasional sparks, but nothing sustainable. GCM is about to be thrown to the wolves and be a doormat for the foreseeable future.