Nederland (7) @ Texas City (29) - FINAL

jdawg03

You must remember last year 2-8 and played like a bad HISD school and could only beat 2 weak sisters This year brought a slight improvement to go 4-7 and beat all the weak sisters except WOS and FBM and made the playoffs due to a weak district except for PNG and TC

To be successful, you must have talent and good coaching the majority of the time. The past 2 seasons Nederland has shown that they have neither.

Hopefully next season will be much better, with a better senior class  Hopefully they will have some juniors and sophomores to help

They simply have not been able to compete with the good teams these past 2 seasons

I believe Nederland did not cross mid field until 3 minutes left in game and TC had all back ups  to the back ups in. The play calling was laughable…but the execution was worse. Maybe 3 first downs until the last 4 minutes of the game for Nederland. TC had a punt with about 9 minutes, our punt team just turned and went back. The punter probably could have run for 30 yards but he held the ball for about 5 seconds, then punted. The ball slowly rolled to about half yard line and was downed. Backup QB was put in…safety. Dogs got ball back and finally crossed mid field with about 3 minutes left. QB had a very nice run for TD. Maybe coaches didn’t want this week’s opponent to have good film on em. Can’t think of another reason for the “game plan”…and just to tidy up the message of lack of awareness, injured player on sideline wearing slippers and pajama pants with uniform, throwing the football around looks poor when a staff is under the microscope…Go Dogs, Good luck to the kids, hope for a injury free game!

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

From the PA News:  "Nederland (4-6, 4-2) had managed only 83 yards and five first downs before cracking through against the Stings’ reserves."  With Ned's #1 and #3, this is all they could get?!  Embarrassing!!

You are correct to a  point Honestly the coach’s didn’t want to win this game you have 3rd and inches and you wanna do a screen pass with no blocking at all last night.    So what’s embarrassing is when you don’t put you kids in position to win.  But Hey they have year right??? 🤷🏻.  

This was the worst they looked offensively all year, mind you they threw like 4 picks last week against PNG last week! The play calling was horrendous, and the pick right after halftime was the nail in the coffin. 3rd and short multiple times and they went lateral instead of running downhill with one of the best backs in the district!?!? And less than 100 total yards total for the whole game, kids were checked out in the second half. There were a little 50 people in the stands, I never seen such a small fanbase! They are about to get demolished and embarrassed in this playoff game. They are not finishing this season on a positive note. Will be interesting how they play this QB situation next year! Cause this season is over smh

I have been posting for 2 years that the Bulldogs have been just about as bad as you can get. It comes with the territory who you do not have much talent and your coaching is horrendous.

Many posters whine and cry about my posts because they don’t like the truth

Their spill is your always negative and a Bulldog hater, when in reality I am simply honest

Maybe some will start realizing that I know the difference between good talent and coaching from very little talent and poor coaching 

1 hour ago, NHS409 said:

This was the worst they looked offensively all year, mind you they threw like 4 picks last week against PNG last week! The play calling was horrendous, and the pick right after halftime was the nail in the coffin. 3rd and short multiple times and they went lateral instead of running downhill with one of the best backs in the district!?!? And less than 100 total yards total for the whole game, kids were checked out in the second half. There were a little 50 people in the stands, I never seen such a small fanbase! They are about to get demolished and embarrassed in this playoff game. They are not finishing this season on a positive note. Will be interesting how they play this QB situation next year! Cause this season is over smh

I totally agree with you.  But what I wanna know how many you think coming back after this.   This is how our district loses good and talented kids.  These kids wanna win, but you have other people pulling strings behind the scenes, cause my buddy son and my friend son need to play.  Until then I HATE TO SAY IT NHS will not get better.  

9 hours ago, glassjoe said:

I believe Nederland did not cross mid field until 3 minutes left in game and TC had all back ups  to the back ups in. The play calling was laughable…but the execution was worse. Maybe 3 first downs until the last 4 minutes of the game for Nederland. TC had a punt with about 9 minutes, our punt team just turned and went back. The punter probably could have run for 30 yards but he held the ball for about 5 seconds, then punted. The ball slowly rolled to about half yard line and was downed. Backup QB was put in…safety. Dogs got ball back and finally crossed mid field with about 3 minutes left. QB had a very nice run for TD. Maybe coaches didn’t want this week’s opponent to have good film on em. Can’t think of another reason for the “game plan”…and just to tidy up the message of lack of awareness, injured player on sideline wearing slippers and pajama pants with uniform, throwing the football around looks poor when a staff is under the microscope…Go Dogs, Good luck to the kids, hope for a injury free game!

I was watching same thing on TV last night when I seen the sideline and told myself this is not a good image at all.   I agree the coach’s definitely crushed any excitement they had for playoffs.  

31 minutes ago, NHSBulldogs2 said:

I totally agree with you.  But what I wanna know how many you think coming back after this.   This is how our district loses good and talented kids.  These kids wanna win, but you have other people pulling strings behind the scenes, cause my buddy son and my friend son need to play.  Until then I HATE TO SAY IT NHS will not get better.  

Well idk about pulling of the strings stuff, but the juniors are a close knit group so I think they'll all come back. Hubert Thomas is the only one that I think could possibly leave because of the weak O-line. Was talk of him leaving last year, by the way this season is going to end I wonder if Barrow will keep his job or be forced to resign!? Because by the way things are looking this playoff game is going to be rough!! Goodluck to em though