Nederland @ Texas City

Rez Ipsa

Figure we might as well get this started. What does Nederland have to do to beat Texas City? My gut says TC wins (and I think they’re a dark horse for the regional final), but I’m back to cheering for Nederland, so here goes. 

This is an interesting matchup because the two teams are loosely similar.  They both tend to rely on one or two receivers, a key RB, and a more-or-less consistent dual threat QB. Where Ned falls off is TC is more consistent in their level of play, makes fewer mistakes, and is more physical. While most of the attention has been on PNG, FBM, and even Nederland (as the surprising contender in the season), TC has quietly stacked up double-digit wins. They have a strong defense and a score-at-any-moment offense.

On the other hand, Nederland feels like the half-cooked model of Texas City. Similar, but less complete. Dangerous, but not always dangerous. Sunday will need to play mistake-free. I think we can expect Nederland to get better from MCM. So, let’s hear it. 

Who knows, TC been lowkey staying out of the way and clicking off Ws. A win would be nice as Nederland would improve to 5-2 and that wasn't expected, even with all the complaints us fans have been making it's a typical season W/L record minus the 32-0 run (not to mention a playoff appearance, we're we really expecting a DC?) but a loss would still be a huge improvement over last year. I think TC wins but when FBW smoked Dayton it still leaves me confused so....heck Nederland wins on a FG lol sounds good to me 

15 hours ago, Reagan said:

TC has a bull for a RB.  He’s #22.  I’ve been impressed with him since last year.  PNG pretty well shut him down.  But, everyone knows Ned’s defense is lacking. It either could get ugly for Ned or be a track meet.  Either way I see TC winning!  

He’s scary. I’m not joking when I say TC could win the region. They’ve got something going on, and they haven’t looked back at all since losing to PNG.

On 10/28/2023 at 10:20 AM, spidersal said:

TC wins probably by 14 or more. Nederland’s defense is poor. Nederland 2-8 last season and 4-7 this season which is a little improvement   IMO offense a B, defense a D, and special teams and coaching an F

Its just hurting you to see Nederland make the playoffs and seeing that nearly all their players are coming back next year and Nederland will be better. Get on board and support the team. 

Purple eagle, I certainly hope you are right for next season and I have always supported the team. The post has nothing to do with supporting the team, I am simply stating facts from the past 2 seasons 

They were 2-8 last season and this season they will improve to 4-7. This is an improvement, even though a small one from last season  

I am not going to be Mr Rah Rah just for the heck of it, I am going to post the facts, and yes TC will win by 14 or more and Lake Creek will win by more than that

I would love for the Dogs to be as good as PNG, but they are not these past 2 seasons

49 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I’ve said for a while now that Texas City deserves to be ranked in the DCTF Top 10. I stand by that now. Texas City by 10+.

Texas City might be a mirror of PNG last season. Their only loss was to a top-ten team (Last year, PNG’s only district loss was to top-ten FBM) and that loss has kept them out of top ten consideration and kept them in a dark horse status. But, they have very few weaknesses, and keep winning. I wouldn’t be surprised if we met them again in the postseason. 

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Texas City might be a mirror of PNG last season. Their only loss was to a top-ten team (Last year, PNG’s only district loss was to top-ten FBM) and that loss has kept them out of top ten consideration and kept them in a dark horse status. But, they have very few weaknesses, and keep winning. I wouldn’t be surprised if we met them again in the postseason. 

Personally, I wouldn’t mind that. I like playing Texas City. There’s a long history between the two teams.

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Same

Pulling for you guys as well. PAM needs to take this loss personal and take it out on everyone they play the rest of the season. You have the team to make a run. Like a puzzle all the pieces are there they just need to be put together. Go Titans.