Week-10 Port Arthur Memorial at Barbers Hill Predictions 10/27

Who wins   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • Barbers Hill

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 05:05 AM

5 minutes ago, Justafan15 said:

You’re right about BH has to win the game, apparently by 10 to be seeded where they’d like to be. They have not proved they can beat LP with their dominant running game that definitively exposed some weaknesses. Even down two of our best run stoppers that may have helped slow some of the bigger plays, not very it would have changed the outcome. Despite all that, BH still had opportunities to win the ball game and could not capitalize. Arguably the rush they put on QB is what did BH in during the LP game. I’d say LP is the most well coached team BH has played. If they had a little more threat a receiver and didn’t have the drops they had in that game, they’d won by more. 
It’s my true unbiased observation. 

Good response. BH has a chance. A better than decent one really.

IMHO, BH has good coaching and some solid players. What BH doesn’t have is an identity. BH is just kinda ‘there’ like a lot of other clubs. PAM has speed. Always have. LP has power & physicality. Always have.

BH needs to find what they want to be & focus on it.

LP will return the entire backfield, half of the OL & half of the D. The staff will be on their 3rd year back.

Someone may want to start praying to the realignment gods, or one of BH posters (every fan base has one) will be misreading posts for a third year in a row. 😂

Just now, TradenupBH said:

Depends on what BH team shows up. With key players back and at home, I think BH wins this one in a close one as long as BH can contain PAM speed. Bend, but don’t break Defense and offense don’t turn the ball over.

Oh and win in the trenches. LP destroyed us in the trenches.

4 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Good response. BH has a chance. A better than decent one really.

IMHO, BH has good coaching and some solid players. What BH doesn’t have is an identity. BH is just kinda ‘there’ like a lot of other clubs. PAM has speed. Always have. LP has power & physicality. Always have.

BH needs to find what they want to be & focus on it.

LP will return the entire backfield, half of the OL & half of the D. The staff will be on their 3rd year back.

Someone may want to start praying to the realignment gods, or one of BH posters (every fan base has one) will be misreading posts for a third year in a row. 😂

Trying to stick to this season but BH will have a lot, I mean a lot of Senior starters graduating on both sides of the ball. They’ll return a few playmakers but a lot of unknowns. Most of the defense is gone. They need to find that identity now and make a run. IMO. I happen to know LP has a freshman kid that has some wheels and size coming up. I’ll probably be rooting for him at least. Other than that, I’m not rooting for LP. Lol that goes back to my days playing, I just can’t. Haha 

3 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Depends on what BH team shows up. With key players back and at home, I think BH wins this one in a close one as long as BH can contain PAM speed. Bend, but don’t break Defense and offense don’t turn the ball over.

BH turns the ball over, they’re done for. PAM will make you pay. Hold their big plays to a minimum and control the ball and slow the pass rush. All these people saying there is no speed has not seen them. They lack size at receiver, but not speed. RB had good speed and if QB can recognize when he can run and decide to run, he can hurt you. I’m not sure he’s figured out how much damage he can do if he decides to run sooner. He has some wheels and can slide in traffic if needed. He has not shown he can be a dual threat much but I feel he can. I’ll have to make my prediction later, I just don’t know yet. 

6 minutes ago, Justafan15 said:

BH turns the ball over, they’re done for. PAM will make you pay. Hold their big plays to a minimum and control the ball and slow the pass rush. All these people saying there is no speed has not seen them. They lack size at receiver, but not speed. RB had good speed and if QB can recognize when he can run and decide to run, he can hurt you. I’m not sure he’s figured out how much damage he can do if he decides to run sooner. He has some wheels and can slide in traffic if needed. He has not shown he can be a dual threat much but I feel he can. I’ll have to make my prediction later, I just don’t know yet. 

BH Achilles hill has always been secondary on defense. If D-line can win in trenches and keep blockers off of our LB’s we have a good chance to slow down PAM RB, which I think is better then LP RB.

On the offensive side, we can move the ball against anyone in the district as long as we don’t make silly penalties and turn it over.

18 minutes ago, Justafan15 said:

I share your thoughts on the BH QB. Fantastic pocket passer, but that hurt us against LP. I’m hoping to see that wrinkle this game were he uses his legs to get some yards. I felt LP knew that wasn’t a threat to run  so they sat back in coverage. We need to keep PAM honest here and choose openings to run when available. I felt like he did that more last year and in the Forney game it paid dividends.

7 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

OlDawg, who did y’all play in the playoffs last year?😂 Oh, that’s right, the drop down from 6A didn’t help ya’ll. Come playoffs, y’all were sipping on martinis at Sylvan Beach watching cargo ships pass by.😁

Martinis are for them rich folk. That wouldn’t be LP. Ha! (More SLC type stock). Although, LP does have a Drew Brees Walk-On’s opening up in a few weeks. So hey, we’re moving up in the world!

LP stunk it up—per LP standards—for about 5 years. The coaches that were brought in weren’t a match for the culture.

Coach before Berneathy came back was an ex Crosby coach. Didn’t work out at all. LOL

4 hours ago, MhsTitans said:

I belive this will be a match up nightmare for BH. Only thing Pam have problems defending at times is the misdirection run game and a very mobile qb when the pressure breaks down the pocket. If Bh trys to get into a track meet with Pam with its pass game it want end well for them. 

BH will get 250 plus passing. The QB is very mobile once he recognizes he needs to escape the pocket. He’s made big plays downfield doing this. If he decides to stay in pocket, it will be a long night for the Eagles. BH expects PAM to be athletic and I like you dismissing the athleticism of this team, as you obviously not seen them. You’ll get us at our healthiest all season so if it makes one feel better to type it out and insinuate BH is not. 🙄 no more athletic than Shadow Creek that BH has scrimmaged past two seasons.

PAM will get big plays but to think BH will not, you have not watched any games or highlights. I wouldn’t be surprised if it became a shootout. Watching PAM, their secondary has not seen a team like BH.  I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong. 
Up until this last game, one thing we’ve been bad about is unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. We have a couple players that can’t seem to maintain composure at times. I’d expose that if I was PAM. They’ll know who to pick on. 

1 hour ago, OlDawg said:

Martinis are for them rich folk. That wouldn’t be LP. Ha! (More SLC type stock). Although, LP does have a Drew Brees Walk-On’s opening up in a few weeks. So hey, we’re moving up in the world!

LP stunk it up—per LP standards—for about 5 years. The coaches that were brought in weren’t a match for the culture.

Coach before Berneathy came back was an ex Crosby coach. Didn’t work out at all. LOL

Busch Lite then😂

10 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Busch Lite then😂

Naw. When warchin them thar cruise ships with all dem mobile homes on ‘em, we like our own homemade brew.

Y…BillyBob was warchin some last year, and he thought we was listenennn to Jerry Jeff Walker, got all excited and such, and lit the whole darn beach on far.

Shoot. Couldn’t let a good far go to waste. We broke out dem Ballparks an had a Partie!

Some dude from PAM showed up an burnded his hand. Doofus! Leave it to a PAM fan to bring a Vienner sausage to a gol darn bonfire…

SMH

From what I’ve seen of the BH run game, just not sure they’re strong enough to take pressure off Fuentes & the passing game. If PAM can play their typical 425 & slow BH run game, BH is in trouble. PAM is weak up the gut against the power run unless they stack the box like they did against LP.

This will be the chess match. If BH can throw in some pistol where their RB (Rodriguez I think it was) can hide and make PAM read the guards, it’ll buy Fuentes some time in the pocket and PAM will have to crowd. If they just run their normal pro type sets, PAM is talented enough defensively this year to nullify and sit/pressure on the pass. Since I haven’t seen BH live at what is full strength D-wise, not sure how they’ll stack up. PAM’s run game is solid. But, not like LP in that it’s not a power run game. Martin & Baker are speedy and hit the holes quick. They go down a little easier than LP’s Barnes, Sandolf & Bright. Can’t really compare the RB’s as they’re fairly different styles. Neither team’s OL fires off downfield like LP’s. Different styles. They’re more adept at pass pro, but can open lanes at the LOS. PAM’s receiving core is very solid. They anticipate & make excellent downfield routes. Best deep balls I’ve seen in district play. Not big. But very good hands. Not many dropped balls.

The 3 or so minutes around the half against LP totally changed the momentum of our game. When LP missed the TD opportunity in the redzone ahead by 21 and going for the kill, then missed the FG, went into half, came out & fumbled the KO return, PAM jumped.

BIG.

At least a 13 point swing…possibly more. Momentum was PAM’s, and they never looked back. (Of course, they also began stacking the box at that point which was also big.)

Seeing both against a common/solid opponent, PAM—IMHO—is the more dangerous team. But, they can be had if a solid team eliminates mistakes and makes them play straight up.

TO’s—as usual—will make or break this game. JMO

I’ve got PAM by at least a TD in a fairly low scoring contest for these teams. Say, 28-21. There may be weather.

If wrong, I’ll be back to congratulate BH where the Scientist dude doesn’t get his feelings all hurt. 😁

LP to BH is like Vidor to Crosby. We just can’t seem to match up. I mean when KWP took LP to OT then BH kills them 56-14! Make it make sense. BH plays teams like PAM better for some reason they just have to contain which is easier said than done. Our secondary will need to play lights out , but no worries now for our front 7 they are physical and will bring the wood. 

18 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

LP to BH is like Vidor to Crosby. We just can’t seem to match up. I mean when KWP took LP to OT then BH kills them 56-14! Make it make sense. BH plays teams like PAM better for some reason they just have to contain which is easier said than done. Our secondary will need to play lights out , but no worries now for our front 7 they are physical and will bring the wood. 

And LP crushed Lee while PAM struggled. Yes. All about matchups.

Funny to mention, but PAM also has a very good weapon in their PK. Strange to see that from a PAM team. If it comes down to that, edge PAM.

56 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

And LP crushed Lee while PAM struggled. Yes. All about matchups.

Funny to mention, but PAM also has a very good weapon in their PK. Strange to see that from a PAM team. If it comes down to that, edge PAM.

Lol, our kicker might the fastest kid at school. Advantage BH😎😁 I’m actually serious