Nederland vs PNG MCM #100! Official thread :)

bulldawg64

Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?

• Nederland
    • PNG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:00 PM

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Ok I am going to nerd out on you here.

In 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, and 1930. PNG and Nederland played 2 times each season. 

In 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, and 1953 PNG vs Ned did not play.

In 1927, 1930, 1940, 1943, 1965, 1968, and 1987 where all ties. 

Largest margin of victory's

PNG 1947 won 71-0 PNG finishes 11-1

Ned 2001 won 42-10    That year Nederland made it to play Smithson Valley in the State Semi-finals losing 38-14

PNG has been to 7 State Championships and won 3

Nederland has been to 3 State Championships and won 1 State Championship. 

PNG has been to the semi-finals 9 times.

Nederland has been to the semi-finals 3 times.

PNG has reached the quarter-finals 11 times

Nederland has been to the quarter-finals 11 times

PNG has been district champs 27 times

Nederland has been district champs 25 times.

PNG has played in 90 playoff games

Ned has played in 88 Playoff games

PNG football record is 633-361-33

Nederland football record is 585-399-35

Overall MCM record is 53-38-7

1st game of MCM was in 1925 100th game in 2023. 

PNG has won 8 decades

Nederland has won 3 decades. 

45 games have been 7 points or less margin of victory.

25 games have been 3 points or less.

7 times have been ties.

My apologies for nerding out. Good luck both teams I hope we have a safe game. I am sure it will be entertaining. 

In bold,  that’s why not many folks assume there will be a blowout in this game.  There have been a few, but most are a one score game.

4 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Ok I am going to nerd out on you here.

In 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, and 1930. PNG and Nederland played 2 times each season. 

In 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, and 1953 PNG vs Ned did not play.

In 1927, 1930, 1940, 1943, 1965, 1968, and 1987 where all ties. 

Largest margin of victory's

PNG 1947 won 71-0 PNG finishes 11-1

Ned 2001 won 42-10    That year Nederland made it to play Smithson Valley in the State Semi-finals losing 38-14

PNG has been to 7 State Championships and won 3

Nederland has been to 3 State Championships and won 1 State Championship. 

PNG has been to the semi-finals 9 times.

Nederland has been to the semi-finals 3 times.

PNG has reached the quarter-finals 11 times

Nederland has been to the quarter-finals 11 times

PNG has been district champs 27 times

Nederland has been district champs 25 times.

PNG has played in 90 playoff games

Ned has played in 88 Playoff games

PNG football record is 633-361-33

Nederland football record is 585-399-35

Overall MCM record is 53-38-7

1st game of MCM was in 1925 100th game in 2023. 

PNG has won 8 decades

Nederland has won 3 decades. 

45 games have been 7 points or less margin of victory.

25 games have been 3 points or less.

7 times have been ties.

My apologies for nerding out. Good luck both teams I hope we have a safe game. I am sure it will be entertaining. 

Re the 1947, 71-0 game, I've heard about it many times from my father-in-law.  PNG kicked off to start the game, my FIL hit the Ned runner, who fumbled.  PNG covered the fumble, then scored, and went on to win 71-0.  PNG starters laid down on the sidelines for almost the entire 4th Qtr.

The '47-'48 team(s) lost only 1 game in 2 seasons, to Lake Charles (in Lake Charles), which was a farce, officiating-wise. My FIL is 93 years old now, and still talks about it. 

I grew up with my grandfather. He always told us stories of the Flying Frenchmen who he went and watched. I actually have some video of them playing in the playoffs in 1955. They won State that year I think it was against Alice or Temple. Maybe its both games I cant remember. 

Long time listener, first time caller!!

This game has been close over the past decade. I have seen blowouts as well. So let me ruffle some feathers for the rah rahs. This game is a make or break game for Nederland on a yearly basis. The Ned fans on here hang hats on district championships and wins over PNG. It’s really all they have! On the other hand, PNG is and always has been relevant. All trash talkers know this! However, it’s a hard game to predict. Uncle Larry isn’t around anymore to pull some cats out of his bag, so it’s up to Monty to make or break his season. Uncle Larry left when the transfer portal closed when Memorial became relevant. But In the end, Ned did get a new field, and they have a shot. With a win, they have a shot at the DC. But I think even teams like Chumperton have won a DC before. So in the end, this game is either a tight game, full of mistakes, or a PNG blowout. But after the dust has settled, them folks will still be barking like dogs……… Peace Folks! I come in peace. I’ve been a pollster on here, I’ve won the pick ems on here, and I’ve been banned for a few days on here. So with all that experience, no need to listen to what I say unless………… Are you down with “ who let the dogs out?” Or down with hardware? 

20 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

This game has been close over the past decade. I have seen blowouts as well. So let me ruffle some feathers for the rah rahs. This game is a make or break game for Nederland on a yearly basis. The Ned fans on here hang hats on district championships and wins over PNG. It’s really all they have! On the other hand, PNG is and always has been relevant. All trash talkers know this! However, it’s a hard game to predict. Uncle Larry isn’t around anymore to pull some cats out of his bag, so it’s up to Monty to make or break his season. Uncle Larry left when the transfer portal closed when Memorial became relevant. But In the end, Ned did get a new field, and they have a shot. With a win, they have a shot at the DC. But I think even teams like Chumperton have won a DC before. So in the end, this game is either a tight game, full of mistakes, or a PNG blowout. But after the dust has settled, them folks will still be barking like dogs……… Peace Folks! I come in peace. I’ve been a pollster on here, I’ve won the pick ems on here, and I’ve been banned for a few days on here. So with all that experience, no need to listen to what I say unless………… Are you down with “ who let the dogs out?” Or down with hardware? 

I know this is just trash talk, but come on man!  Trying to play this series like you don’t care is hilarious.  Some of us do go on the PNG site and see what you guys say amongst yourselves.  And seems like I remember for sale signs in a PNG HC’s yard after one of those losses.  🙄

2 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

I know this is just trash talk, but come on man!  Trying to play this series like you don’t care is hilarious.  Some of us do go on the PNG site and see what you guys say amongst yourselves.  And seems like I remember for sale signs in a PNG HC’s yard after one of those losses.  🙄

And toilet paper in the trees. 

10 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Can't argue with the Uncle Larry factor....That ship has sailed. As far as the win meaning more to Ned,.... ......You, nor I would be on here a week before the game chopping it up if so. 😉

Edited by WOSdrummer99

Who knows i seen some games where the underdog wins or vice versa, just no injuries for neither team so they will come out in 2 weeks to represent  our area and maybe some luck someone will.make our seasons a little longer for some more highschool  football! Oh by the way GO DOGS! Lol!!

Please remember Indian Fans that the visitors side seats at Nederland Bulldog Stadium are extreeeeemly small.  Your normal size stadium seats won't fit in one.  There is no leg room, so no room to move your seat down if you need to, and you will.  Remember everyone is entitled to their own seat that was purchased even if they do pack you in like sardines.  By the way I am not exaggerating at all!!!🤨

4 hours ago, png9mon said:

Please remember Indian Fans that the visitors side seats at Nederland Bulldog Stadium are extreeeeemly small.  Your normal size stadium seats won't fit in one.  There is no leg room, so no room to move your seat down if you need to, and you will.  Remember everyone is entitled to their own seat that was purchased even if they do pack you in like sardines.  By the way I am not exaggerating at all!!!🤨

Yep, very accurate description…lol!  People gonna have their legs all up on your back so no need to bring stadium seats 🥴