Lumberton @ Vidor

Raider24

12 hours ago, vidorpirate16 said:

Vidor had two weeks to prepare for LCM yet it looked like they didn’t watch a second of film. Very questionable position moves that changed vidor defense not for the better. That being said, hopefully better coaching decisions will be made this week. 

The changes had to be made.  Lost the starting safety to a knee injury.

19 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Give me Lumberton.  Vidor cant stop the run. They had corners backed up 10 yards off the ball so the screen pass will be there. 

I know you probably only watch Vidor play once a year, but that's how Vidor has run the defense the last however many years.  7, 8-10 yards off the ball.  Give up the underneath but not over the top.  Do I like it... nope. 

45 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

I know you probably only watch Vidor play once a year, but that's how Vidor has run the defense the last however many years.  7, 8-10 yards off the ball.  Give up the underneath but not over the top.  Do I like it... nope. 

I really didnt think lcm had a deep threat i could be wrong

8 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I get it. Against Silsbee yes back them up. LCM i would have moved them up. I think Jeff Matthews was a pretty good HC and it might be showing a tad. Would you agree?

I do.  Mathews was a great motivator and got the best out those young men.  So far I'm not seeing that with the new HC.  The kids look to be very undiscipline (not all of them).

45 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

I do.  Mathews was a great motivator and got the best out those young men.  So far I'm not seeing that with the new HC.  The kids look to be very undiscipline (not all of them).

Vidors been undisciplined since they dropped down to 4A , even when Mathews was there . That fire just isn't there anymore like it was in when they were in 5A

1 minute ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Vidors been undisciplined since they dropped down to 4A , even when Mathews was there . That fire just isn't there anymore like it was in when they were in 5A

Ummm Vidor's first year in 4A the team went 5-5.  There was a ton of fire and passion with that group.  Also, I don't recall seeing a player getting kicked out of a game during Mathews HC years.

2 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

The changes had to be made.  Lost the starting safety to a knee injury.

Our second string safety did just fine the entire game after the injury to the starter. It was not a secret that LCM is a running team this year, yet coaches moved our best outside linebacker to safety. Not a good move. Also put a middle linebacker out at outside lb and let him start despite the talented depth at that position. 

1 hour ago, Right99JOH said:

Matthews is the one pumping up the guys on the sidelines every game. All I’m gonna say 🤷🏼‍♀️👀

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

Hey we were told vidors secondary were a strength. We will see here 

I still believe the secondary is a strength, but the cards are stacked against them when you give WRs 7–10-yard cushion.  Oh well should be a good game.