PNG @ Dayton

Rez Ipsa

11 hours ago, 1970 said:

Homecoming + Friday the 13th = Double Whammy on the home team. 

Hate to tell you Friday 13th works just as much in our favor as is does yours- and l bet our practices are just as intense as yours.Pretty sure nether  team needs any bulletin board material to get up for this game I know Broncos don't -being  the underdog with their backs against the wall.  Safe trip to our purple friends across the river!

52 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Hate to tell you Friday 13th works just as much in our favor as is does yours- and l bet our practices are just as intense as yours.Pretty sure nether  team needs any bulletin board material to get up for this game I know Broncos don't -being  the underdog with their backs against the wall.  Safe trip to our purple friends across the river!

Best places to eat in Dayton?  

29 minutes ago, CS. said:

Best places to eat in Dayton?  

Couple of good Mexican places "Jose's on Waco & 1960. ",Los Compadres" 1960 &321, "Tuscany Italian " hwy 90 &South prairie Street. Comming down 90 leaving Liberty  on the right " "Tiger Harrys" Also Dayton Broncos sports bar has good food &beer in the same plaza as Thriftees food store 1969-321

Part of the reason PNG's defense is doing as well as it is this season is these young men. The D line is massive 47, 94 , and the kid without his pads are our 3 down linemen. The others are some of the backers. The front 7 is huge and the DC is very good at his job. However the game ends I would like to wish Dayton good luck. You have a great group over there and some of the best fans in SETX. Its always a pleasure to play Dayton. A classy bunch. Our 3 down linemen are 280, 270, and 270. Our outside backer is 6'2" and in the 10th grade. The Indians O line is very big as well. 2 players with power 5 offers on the line and both not seniors yet. By no means are we the best team in the area, but they  have a lot of talent this season. The good part for PNG is many will be back for another round next year, 

11 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Couple of good Mexican places "Jose's on Waco & 1960. ",Los Compadres" 1960 &321, "Tuscany Italian " hwy 90 &South prairie Street. Comming down 90 leaving Liberty  on the right " "Tiger Harrys" Also Dayton Broncos sports bar has good food &beer in the same plaza as Thriftees food store 1969-321

I like Mike's all you can eat fish and chicken fried steak 

11 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I like Mike's all you can eat fish and chicken fried steak 

Did I read that right...all you can eat chicken fried steak?  Are we talking a homemade chicken fried steak or a "grab it from the freezer and throw it in the grease" chicken fried steak?  If we are talking about a SETX homemade down in the country chicken fried steak, that might be too difficult to pass up.

40 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Did I read that right...all you can eat chicken fried steak?  Are we talking a homemade chicken fried steak or a "grab it from the freezer and throw it in the grease" chicken fried steak?  If we are talking about a SETX homemade down in the country chicken fried steak, that might be too difficult to pass up.

Not texas sized but still good you'll like it if you like chicken fried steak not far from the stadium either

23 hours ago, jayhawk said:

JAX in Liberty across from court house best hamburgers in the county-

I plan to try that sometime.  BTW, driving through Liberty, a place called Tiger Harry's looked like it was packed; the parking lot was full.  If I'm not mistaken the building used to be a fish market type place, with a sign across the top that listed gar, buffalo, choupique, raccoon, etc., maybe even possum. Now the sign lists fish, steaks, chicken, and boudin. We'll have to try this place sometime as well. 

2 hours ago, 1970 said:

I plan to try that sometime.  BTW, driving through Liberty, a place called Tiger Harry's looked like it was packed; the parking lot was full.  If I'm not mistaken the building used to be a fish market type place, with a sign across the top that listed gar, buffalo, choupique, raccoon, etc., maybe even possum. Now the sign lists fish, steaks, chicken, and boudin. We'll have to try this place sometime as well. 

It’s same guy that owns Tia Juanita’s. It’s basically Tia’s lite 😂

58 minutes ago, rolltides said:

Wouldn't PNG get the title outright if somehow they lost one even though they beat Texas City. 

I may be wrong, but I think if Texas city and PNG have the same record they share the title, but png would get the 1st seed because they won the head-to-head with TC. 

On 10/8/2023 at 12:47 PM, Red Boyou said:

Not trying to live in the past but IMO ……for all of his faults, Stewart would make a decent deep playoff run with this Dayton team. 

He most definitely would these new coaches are something else.. too much talent & not enough results.. Texas city did whatever they wanted to do tonight as well