1st place on the line - Barbers Hill @ Nederland

Bud Kilmer

1st place on the line - Barbers Hill @ Nederland  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2023 at 11:30 PM

BH wins because of more overall volleyball talented\skilled starters, more quality depth, more exp. vs better competition pre-district & a more exp. coaching staff. BH is just a better athletic program from top to bottom in all sports then the GOLDEN TRIANGLE schools the last several years.

Let’s go Dogs.  Stranger things have happened.  Just hope my girl plays well.  Barber’s Hill is in the top 10 for a reason and that ranking is legit. 🤣.  Too much power from BH and their setter is amazing.  Saw her practice at TAV up close this past season on the 18u team. Still gonna cheer our Lady Dogs on.  

20 hours ago, KF89 said:

BH wins because of more overall volleyball talented\skilled starters, more quality depth, more exp. vs better competition pre-district & a more exp. coaching staff. BH is just a better athletic program from top to bottom in all sports then the GOLDEN TRIANGLE schools the last several years.

Same was true last year, so what changed? 

2 hours ago, THS99 said:

And that's a wrap for 1st in this district.  Looks like 2-4 is really anyone's guess between Sterling, GCM, Nederland, & PNG.  I wonder if Crosby can spoil it for anyone or sneak into 4th?

Could happen seeing as how all our games against those 4 were winnable. We were up late in most of them but unfortunately our coach doesn’t know how to make the proper adjustments needed so here we are in 6th. There, I said it as nice as I could. Lol  At this point the girls are done with this lady so I doubt we’ll be upsetting anyone.  

1 hour ago, vbdiva said:

Nederland players as a group were more exp. & skilled last year then this years team & stepped up big that game. Caught BH dealing with some injuries missing a few players & made mistakes they usually don't make. Probably over looking Nederland that game & at the playoffs. BH coach made some different moves & it didn't pan out that game. But that was last year & this post is about this year.   

9/29/23 Game Results

Barbers Hill- 25   25   25

Nederland- 16    12   11

1 hour ago, vbdiva said:

If I’m not mistaken BH was missing a few starters and key players for last years match; also playing setters that didn’t have varsity experience. That, coupled with questionable coaching decisions, is quite hard to overcome no matter who you are.

Last nights match, based on those set scores, should show you what is closer to reality. 

4 hours ago, vbdiva said:

Easy.  The District Newcomer of the Year and the District MVP didn't play in the game they lost last year due to covid. This year they played. EOS. The rest is nonsense. 

Scores with those two last year:

25-12 25-15 25-14 3-0 sweep

Scores without them last year: 

26-28 19-25 25-20 24-26 1-3 loss

Score this year with them:

25-16 25-12 -25-11 3-0 sweep