Diboll (29) @ Woodville (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Woodville - 3A-9-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 1, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Diboll- 3A-9-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 1, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

Live Broadcast

2 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

I’m sure Westwood was in the house tonight with their bye week this week… they are at Diboll on homecoming next Friday 

To me this will be the for the district championship for now until we play the winner of this game next week... I wonder how Westwood's QB will fare against Diboll's D.

42 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

To me this will be the for the district championship for now until we play the winner of this game next week... I wonder how Westwood's QB will fare against Diboll's D.

Diboll D did a relatively good job containing the Eagle QB, who is very shifty and good arm,  major credit goes to the secondary for great coverage.  Woodville QB couldn’t find an open WR most of the game, aside from Woodvilles first drive with long pass, Diboll secondary did a great job.  Can’t forget about the Dline as well, they were able to get going in the 2nd half.  

westwood freshman qb Bryant will be the most dynamic QB Diboll will face thus far. Westwood offense seems explosive so will be a tough challenge for Diboll D. 

16 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

My opinion is that he will have some success on designed QB runs (if they complete a few short routes) although Diboll is very stout defending the run. I think he will struggle in the pocket unless Westwood has a stellar pass block on the Oline. To me his success in this game will depend on his run pass decision making when he rolls out to the left of right. Diboll has a decent pass rush and has speed in the secondary, so rolling out to one side makes things interesting. This shortens the field which creates the opportunity for big offensive or defensive plays since both offense and defense is flowing in the same direction. Personally I think Diboll will do fine because I do not believe their QB has seen too many quality defenses based off their pre-district schedule.