Diboll at Woodville

ballwatch

Considered to be a top matchup in the district this week, the winner of this one will be in good position to vie for the district championship.  This will be another close one like last season.  

If Diboll get some consistency going with offense, getting some key players involved, they should be in good shape.  Their defense has been their strength up to this point.  

One common opponent in Franklin. 

this will be a good one 

On 9/16/2023 at 5:01 PM, pine curtain said:

diboll vs franklin L 13-28

wville vs franklin L 33-36

26-21  Woodville

Seems bout right. Diboll is solid defensively and a little young and inexperienced in the skills positions on offense. Woodville seems solid offensively and tends to cause turnovers on defense. 

23 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Please don't read to much into these games. Franklin had one of the worst games in the last 5 years against Woodville. Diboll always plays Franklin well.

I think on Diboll’s part you can read into their game.  They do tend to always play Franklin well, and is sometimes a measuring stick for them to see where they are as a team.   They were able to keep in check the lions O, but still not enough to win.  Diboll HC has a history of knowing how to run and defend Franklins style of offense.  If you know how to run in, then you understand what weaknesses to exploit.  Obviously no team has been able to do that AND play a complete game against the lions, I mean they have  a win streak of 30+ plus games, that says it all .  They’re just so good at it plus play well in all aspects of the game.  

Sure if you look at the Woodville - Franklin game you think this was very close because woodville was able to do certain things to keep it close but Franklin appears to have had uncharacteristic unforced turnovers that led to points by Woodville.  That wasn’t the case versus Diboll.  They played a pretty clean game aside from one fumble.  

this will be a close game but I’m giving the edge to Diboll due to their defense.  Offense still trying to find their identity, getting the kids in the right position.  They might not start really clicking until week 8, but when they do, watch out 

7 hours ago, ballwatch said:

I think on Diboll’s part you can read into their game.  They do tend to always play Franklin well, and is sometimes a measuring stick for them to see where they are as a team.   They were able to keep in check the lions O, but still not enough to win.  Diboll HC has a history of knowing how to run and defend Franklins style of offense.  If you know how to run in, then you understand what weaknesses to exploit.  Obviously no team has been able to do that AND play a complete game against the lions, I mean they have  a win streak of 30+ plus games, that says it all .  They’re just so good at it plus play well in all aspects of the game.  

Sure if you look at the Woodville - Franklin game you think this was very close because woodville was able to do certain things to keep it close but Franklin appears to have had uncharacteristic unforced turnovers that led to points by Woodville.  That wasn’t the case versus Diboll.  They played a pretty clean game aside from one fumble.  

this will be a close game but I’m giving the edge to Diboll due to their defense.  Offense still trying to find their identity, getting the kids in the right position.  They might not start really clicking until week 8, but when they do, watch out 

Franklin had 4 turnovers against woodville.