Port Arthur Memorial (54) @ Nederland (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Good luck to Ned rest of the way. It would behoove you to give the ball to #1 and #3 more. Just my opinion. 

Sunday, Thomas, and Tezeno are the bright spots for Nederland this year...our Defense and Special Teams have not looked good through two games. Best of luck to the Titans best Memorial team I've seen in awhile 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

I hate to tell you Brubaker but they got beat 54-26. They gave up 54. They have played 2 games and are averaging giving up 47 a game.  You are not going to beat anyone like that.  I will say the offense is at times better than last year(far too many penalties). Defensively, they are a far cry from being good.  Their special teams and I mean all the special teams are very poor, so if you want to call 0-2 good, then go ahead.  Every team in the state has the same aged players, so don’t come up with this youth excuse. Just know as of right now, they are not close to being a good team

Nederland gave up 54 that's true...how many of those drives that went for Touchdowns started for Memorial in good field position...I know it was alot so I decided to count all the drives that started with good field position..

1st Memorial TD own 42 Yard Line

2nd Memorial TD 50 yard Line

3rd Memorial TD Nederland 6 yard line

4th Memorial TD Nederland 26 yard Line

5th Memorial TD Nederland 25 yard line

We also gave up a safety and left two points off the board due to extra points...when you start drives like these chances are your night isnt going to go well heck if Galena Park North Shore or Katy started drives like this it probably wouldnt go well even for them...our defense isn't the best but putting it into context it wasn't the worst night in the world despite giving up 54 points 

Credit must be given where credit is due.  Today’s play calling was a 360 from what we saw most of last game. I applaud the coaches for that. The mix up was what was needed.  Not everything worked, but the effort in all the plays was there.  You can only get better by working on it…those missed plays will pan out.   It was nice to see those boys running those routes too.  I think it open up the running game and made the defense honest by backing them up.  To think, if they keep this same mentality in play calling, how lethal can the offense be??!  We’ve always known the athletes have been there.  You know the defense is going to show up.  Special teams is looking great.  The team as a whole can be really really good.  Took the defense a little longer to show up than they should’ve today, but when they showed up they shut the lights out.  At the end they gave up those couple TDs…but in a sense.  Like I told my bro, they earned that.  EVEN THOUGH…you would like to see them finish it out strong.  Not complaining on them, but I’m sure the coaches will let them know the same.  All in all.. I give the coaches a lot of credit.  They showed that they have the potential to really take this team far.  The players are gonna ball out…they just can’t be led by the blind.  Great all around solid win.  They showed that deserve to be #5 in the state.  Keep it up PA.. It’s about damn time!!!

At times the offense looked good. The big problem I see that can be fixed is bad snaps and penalties The QB is a tough kid and much improved from last year, but he still has accuracy issues on his passes. That can also be fixed

The major problem that has to be addressed is an extremely weak defense and special teams. If these areas are not fixed soon, they won’t have a chance at winning. You can’t expect to win giving up 40 and 54 points.  The one bright spot on defense is that they didn’t shut it down in the 4th quarter vs PAM like they did vs WOS

9 hours ago, truPAfan said:

Credit must be given where credit is due.  Today’s play calling was a 360 from what we saw most of last game. I applaud the coaches for that. The mix up was what was needed.  Not everything worked, but the effort in all the plays was there.  You can only get better by working on it…those missed plays will pan out.   It was nice to see those boys running those routes too.  I think it open up the running game and made the defense honest by backing them up.  To think, if they keep this same mentality in play calling, how lethal can the offense be??!  We’ve always known the athletes have been there.  You know the defense is going to show up.  Special teams is looking great.  The team as a whole can be really really good.  Took the defense a little longer to show up than they should’ve today, but when they showed up they shut the lights out.  At the end they gave up those couple TDs…but in a sense.  Like I told my bro, they earned that.  EVEN THOUGH…you would like to see them finish it out strong.  Not complaining on them, but I’m sure the coaches will let them know the same.  All in all.. I give the coaches a lot of credit.  They showed that they have the potential to really take this team far.  The players are gonna ball out…they just can’t be led by the blind.  Great all around solid win.  They showed that deserve to be #5 in the state.  Keep it up PA.. It’s about damn time!!!

Well said.  Great way to go into a bye week and get ready for the real season #district

3 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Curious question here, if PAM had played like they did against PNG would they have got the win on Nederland? 

I ask because last week PAM fans weren't happy yet they won. I guess I'm comparing scores of PNG scoring 7 and Ned getting 26 on the board. 

Just speculation 

One thing that hurt PNG was having our star LT sit out and moving our center to LT. Not to take away from Nederland or PAM's performance. PAM will get both Nederland and PNG ready for our tough district.

10 hours ago, truPAfan said:

I ran out of likes.    +1😎

6 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

One thing that hurt PNG was having our star LT sit out and moving our center to LT. Not to take away from Nederland or PAM's performance. PAM will get both Nederland and PNG ready for our tough district.

Yup yup, just curious why the PAM fans were so upset after getting a win. 

they acted like they played horribly so it made me speculate a bit on the same type of performance. Y'all's LT back?

5 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Curious question here, if PAM had played like they did against PNG would they have got the win on Nederland? 

I ask because last week PAM fans weren't happy yet they won. I guess I'm comparing scores of PNG scoring 7 and Ned getting 26 on the board. 

Just speculation 

They definitely would’ve still got the win, but would not have scored as many points.  Plus Nederland game only looks closer than it really was because of the two late TDs…all in all..PA dominated that game.  See…it has to be understood that we that speak out are not saying the team itself is bad or plays bad.  They play to the best of their ability game in game out.  We know that.  It’s just the play calling that kept Memorial from scoring more points last week.  It could be troublesome come playoff time if they divert back to the way they called last weeks game.  BUT… As I stated in the other comment…that was much improved last night.  

4 minutes ago, truPAfan said:

They definitely would’ve still got the win, but would not have scored as many points.  Plus Nederland game only looks closer than it really was because of the two late TDs…all in all..PA dominated that game.  See…it has to be understood that we that speak out are not saying the team itself is bad or plays bad.  They play to the best of their ability game in game out.  We know that.  It’s just the play calling that kept Memorial from scoring more points last week.  It could be troublesome come playoff time if they divert back to the way they called last weeks game.  BUT… As I stated in the other comment…that was much improved last night.  

I didn't see the last two TDs  I know at point Ned was up 12-0 (which for some reason they like to do and then lose) 

hopefully PAM doesn't lose out, they seem to take an early exit come playoff time? 

20 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Just speculation 

We weren't happy with the 50 million bubble screens that were called.  Had people sitting with me thinking Stover couldn't throw.  Well, a week later, the play calling was more diversified and they (the team) over came an early deficit because of it

3 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

I didn't see the last two TDs  I know at point Ned was up 12-0 (which for some reason they like to do and then lose) 

hopefully PAM doesn't lose out, they seem to take an early exit come playoff time? 

That 12-0 score was a fluke. Zero indication of what the game was really like.  2 late TD…I mean.. Nederland earned them, but game was out of reach by then.  

The early playoff exits is why we can’t stress enough that the play calling just hasn’t been there.  Last year they took a step in the right direction and got 3 rounds deep.  My personal opinion… You continue to call games like you did last night.  You give yourself a legitimate chance to make it far.  

3 minutes ago, truPAfan said:

That 12-0 score was a fluke. Zero indication of what the game was really like.  2 late TD…I mean.. Nederland earned them, but game was out of reach by then.  

The early playoff exits is why we can’t stress enough that the play calling just hasn’t been there.  Last year they took a step in the right direction and got 3 rounds deep.  My personal opinion… You continue to call games like you did last night.  You give yourself a legitimate chance to make it far.  

The Titans had their starters in on those 2 late TD’s, don’t discredit those 2!

What was surprising was the fact that most of Ned’s big running plays came between the tackles. To me that INT in the end zone at the end of the game shouldn’t have even been called. You know you’re not going to win at that point and you’ve had success between the tackles most of the night, run the clock down and push one more across the goal line to end on a high note.

Also- really like the way the Ned kid (# 10) returns kicks. Freshman isn’t scared to run hard no matter how many times he gets lit up! Looking forward to seeing him in the backfield.

1 minute ago, Neddogs23 said:

The Titans had their starters in on those 2 late TD’s, don’t discredit those 2!

What was surprising was the fact that most of Ned’s big running plays came between the tackles. To me that INT in the end zone at the end of the game shouldn’t have even been called. You know you’re not going to win at that point and you’ve had success between the tackles most of the night, run the clock down and push one more across the goal line to end on a high note.

Also- really like the way the Ned kid (# 10) returns kicks. Freshman isn’t scared to run hard no matter how many times he gets lit up! Looking forward to seeing him in the backfield.

I did say Nederland earned them.  I gave them credit. But let’s acknowledge the game was out of reach by then as well..

12-0 is no fluke lol you either score or you don't 

someone missed a tackle, someone blew coverage, someone got a penalty which leads to someone else scoring 

they don't give out TDs but anyway hopefully PAM doesn't get a fluke mentality and holds the throttle down the whole way, some of those teams PAM is gonna face in the playoffs can go up 12-0 and play hard the entire time

41 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

12-0 is no fluke lol you either score or you don't 

someone missed a tackle, someone blew coverage, someone got a penalty which leads to someone else scoring 

they don't give out TDs but anyway hopefully PAM doesn't get a fluke mentality and holds the throttle down the whole way, some of those teams PAM is gonna face in the playoffs can go up 12-0 and play hard the entire time

Don’t get so offended buddy.  It is what it is.  It’s a fluke in the sense that they should’ve never even been up 12-0.  The type of caliber team Nederland is at this point compared to Memorial.  It should’ve never started like that.  But it did nonetheless, and then Memorial scored 44 unanswered points.  Which goes with my statement that the 12-0 Nederland start was a fluke.  I know where you’re coming from on other teams getting those points and it can turn bad.  But I would like to think that most teams that go up two TDs on Memorial to start the game are a little bit better than Nederland is.  Therefore, it wouldn’t necessarily be considered a fluke in my sense.  I’m sure PA will be up for the challenge if it ever presented itself though…