C e king at allen

lcm93

I’m assuming CEK’s QB is eligible now or that he’s playing the non-district games? Allen worked them last year but their 4️ QB transferred to Frisco Emerson. They just lost to Desoto by 30 in the opener so maybe CEK has a chance to keep it respectable this year. Tough to make a four hour ride to that kind of environment and be expected to come away with a result. 

12 hours ago, PAT00 said:

I got King in a close one. Allen hasn’t been the same the last few years. Hell since Murray left actually. 

Lot of people forget that Allen won 30 straight from ‘17-‘18 before losing to Duncanville in the semis in ‘18. Terry Gambill went 65-4 in his five years at Allen before they hired Chad Morris and now Lee Wigginton. 

King is good but only because they have great athletes. Outside of them blasting Shadow Creek a couple years ago and beating Summer Creek in district play I can’t remember one team they beat with comparable or better athleticism lately? Maybe FB Ridge Point if you want to put them on that level? King’s offense isn’t that good against teams they can’t line up and play bully-ball on. I don’t think they’ll be able to do it to Allen and because of that I think Allen will win by several scores. 

Allen should win this one pretty easily. I think 14.2 hit it on the head the reason C.E. King finishes 4th in district is because they cannot bully the teams in their district. Any team they can do that too is going to lose but not if you have a really good front 7.... and the last time Allen didn't have a great front 7 I'm pretty sure I was in middle school. 

On 8/28/2023 at 8:56 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Lot of people forget that Allen won 30 straight from ‘17-‘18 before losing to Duncanville in the semis in ‘18. Terry Gambill went 65-4 in his five years at Allen before they hired Chad Morris and now Lee Wigginton. 

King is good but only because they have great athletes. Outside of them blasting Shadow Creek a couple years ago and beating Summer Creek in district play I can’t remember one team they beat with comparable or better athleticism lately? Maybe FB Ridge Point if you want to put them on that level? King’s offense isn’t that good against teams they can’t line up and play bully-ball on. I don’t think they’ll be able to do it to Allen and because of that I think Allen will win by several scores. 

Good to great athletes is at least 75% of a winning formula.