Crosby vs CE King

Cougar14.2

Sheldon ISD Stadium @ 7:00pm 

Crosby opens with a brutal test in the road. Crosby's former district mate gave the Cougars a full on 63-7 crop dusting last year. Does Crosby make a game of it this year of start focusing on FB Marshall at halftime? 

Crosby brings back 5/4 offense/defense. Expected starter at WR Tre Dixon has transferred to Dickinson. North Shore DE transfer looks to be out about 6 weeks with a shoulder. California transfer from Oxnard High made the start at center in the Lamar scrimmage but left with a knee injury, didn’t look like he would be available this week either. That being said Crosby is significantly more healthy than we were last year going into the opener. 

CE King brings back 2/1 offense/defense. Defensive returner is the 300lb #33 DT from last year. Offensive returners are one of the slot receivers and an offensive lineman. The 2022 22-6A offensive MVP QB Darius Clark-James is currently ineligible and will not play against Crosby. King will start a sophomore off last year’s freshman squad. 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:22 AM, BHFAN said:

King is way down this year ,but Crosby is starting something new. I would expect a closer game, but still 3-4 score loss against King.

I think “way down” is kind of relative. They lost a lot of experience but that doesn’t mean they’re not replacing it with a bunch of talent. They didn’t look great against Westfield but neither does North Shore half the time they play them. They look just as big and fast as they were last year though. They finished in 4th place in district play last year and will do the same again this year, they’ll probably go 8-5 instead of 9-5 though. Not sure that’s “way down”? 

Is it crazy to think that probably in the next five years this will be a district game? King's growth will continue as just like Crosby there are a lot of new subdivisions being built. They're also getting a lot of transfers from North Shore. As for Crosby if they can avoid the injury bug that pretty much devastated them last year. I think they have the talent to make some noise. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think “way down” is kind of relative. They lost a lot of experience but that doesn’t mean they’re not replacing it with a bunch of talent. They didn’t look great against Westfield but neither does North Shore half the time they play them. They look just as big and fast as they were last year though. They finished in 4th place in district play last year and will do the same again this year, they’ll probably go 8-5 instead of 9-5 though. Not sure that’s “way down”? 

Last year they were loaded and this year they return 3. King will place 4th because there is nobody else in the district 😀maybe I shouldn’t say way down and just say the are in a rebuilding year. However as you stated they will plug the holes and by the end of the year should be clicking, but not game 1. Same for Crosby it will take some games to start being successful in the scheme. I don’t think this will be the massacre of 2022, but King should still win this by 3-4 scores.

35 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Last year they were loaded and this year they return 3. King will place 4th because there is nobody else in the district 😀maybe I shouldn’t say way down and just say the are in a rebuilding year. However as you stated they will plug the holes and by the end of the year should be clicking, but not game 1. Same for Crosby it will take some games to start being successful in the scheme. I don’t think this will be the massacre of 2022, but King should still win this by 3-4 scores.

Yeah, nobody else in the district where the 4th place team has made the 6A-D2 regional final two consecutive years. 3rd place team keeps losing to Katy, otherwise it would’ve been an all 21-6A D2 regional final the way is has been with North Shore and Atascocita the last two years in D1. Like I said, it’s all relative. 

8 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Brutal opening test. this preseason will all be about seeing growth because in reality nothing matters until districts. 

Now who knows with all the unknowns with both teams but i suspect this will be a little bit too big of a test for the cougars game one of the season. 

So, you're saying mecca... the mecca of high school football might lose?!?!?!?!?!  

22 hours ago, Big Daddy Cool said:

Is it crazy to think that probably in the next five years this will be a district game? King's growth will continue as just like Crosby there are a lot of new subdivisions being built. They're also getting a lot of transfers from North Shore. As for Crosby if they can avoid the injury bug that pretty much devastated them last year. I think they have the talent to make some noise. 

It’s going to be interesting to see how the districts on this side of town look in 3-5 years? I think La Porte is going to go back to 6A so they’ll of course go with Deer Park, at that point it makes sense for BH to go over to 22-6A with La Porte and Crosby move to 21-6A by themselves or possibly with Kingwood Park. If La Porte doesn’t move back to 6A then I could see the UIL moving both Crosby and BH to 22-6A since it’s only a 7 team district right now. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how the districts on this side of town look in 3-5 years? I think La Porte is going to go back to 6A so they’ll of course go with Deer Park, at that point it makes sense for BH to go over to 22-6A with La Porte and Crosby move to 21-6A by themselves or possibly with Kingwood Park. If La Porte doesn’t move back to 6A then I could see the UIL moving both Crosby and BH to 22-6A since it’s only a 7 team district right now. 

Also depends on whether or not Pasadena ISD allows Pasadena and South Houston to drop down to 5A.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Assuming 7a doesn't come out in time for this. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Get your lotto tickets ready, I think there's a better chance of getting rich before 7A comes online in the UIL. 

or 6A D1/D2 being separated they are gonna do something or they will have too many schools in the top classifications or extreme problems with bottom and tops of divisions even worse than now,

2 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

or 6A D1/D2 being separated they are gonna do something or they will have too many schools in the top classifications or extreme problems with bottom and tops of divisions even worse than now,

I 100% agree with the 6A split, I wanted it to happen last realignment. 

3-5 years prediction

( 21-6A) BH ( about to boom) Crosby (about to boom),North Shore, Atascocita, CE King, Summer Creek, Humble, Kingwood, Cleveland

LaPorte back to 22-6A

(8-5A) Dayton ( about to boom), Porter, Lee, Sterling, GCM, Kingwood Park, West Fork

(5A-D1) Galveston Ball, Friendswood, Manvel, Iowa Colony, West Brook, United, Port Arthur Memorial , Angleton 

(5A-D1) Kempner, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Terry, Foster, Rosenberg Randle (new), Rosenberg Tomas (new)

Fulshear to 6A

7 hours ago, alwaysright said:

3-5 years prediction

( 21-6A) BH ( about to boom) Crosby (about to boom),North Shore, Atascocita, CE King, Summer Creek, Humble, Kingwood, Cleveland

LaPorte back to 22-6A

(8-5A) Dayton ( about to boom), Porter, Lee, Sterling, GCM, Kingwood Park, West Fork

(5A-D1) Galveston Ball, Friendswood, Manvel, Iowa Colony, West Brook, United, Port Arthur Memorial , Angleton 

(5A-D1) Kempner, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Terry, Foster, Rosenberg Randle (new), Rosenberg Tomas (new)

Fulshear to 6A

Where are all the people coming from? Humble about to build another MS that will feed SC. BH, Crosby, Dayton all hitting a growth spirt at the same time? Sheesh

On 8/20/2023 at 2:20 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Coach Willis interview with Baytown Sun: 

This is the hidden content, please

As a Crosby Alumni I might have to gas up the hooptie and slide down highway 90 and see what my cougars gonna do. For a title winning coach like Mr. Willis to make the statement about his starting QB "cognitively, he's as good as anyone I've coached", he must be good and I might need to come see for myself. Here we are, Crosby have gotten what they wanted. However, I haven't seen the chatter like it was last year when my fellow Crosby folks was calling for him to replace the starting QB.

I guess my Crosbytonians gonna wait until he makes some noise before they pull out their bull horns. Other than being an Crosby Alumni, I'm glad to not have a dog in this fight.  

3 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Where are all the people coming from? Humble about to build another MS that will feed SC. BH, Crosby, Dayton all hitting a growth spirt at the same time? Sheesh

Dayton just started a 15k home community, Mont Belvieu is about pour roads on a 5k home community and Crosby has pockets of new homes popping up. The growth towards the northeast and far east is starting to build up steam.

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I know its the UIL and they do their own thing whether or not it makes sense, but I wouldn't see them splitting up BH and Crosby with the two schools being so close to each other.