Crosby vs CE King

Cougar14.2

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

I know its the UIL and they do their own thing whether or not it makes sense, but I wouldn't see them splitting up BH and Crosby with the two schools being so close to each other.

The problem is that you're going to have all those 6A's so close to each other. For instance, Crosby High School is closer to Channelview, North Shore, CE King, Summer Creek and all the Baytown schools than it is to BH. Channelview and North Shore's attendance zones are literally across the street from each other and the UIL split them up this alignment.

Off the top of my head just from Richmond to BH I can think of probably 10 teams that will move to 6A at the current caps. In a couple of alignments if they don't split the classes we're going to be at a point where the UIL will have to consider sending all North Houston area 6A to region two. If the UIL doesn't have an issue sending PNG 115 miles to FB Marshall one way then the 6A travel distances can't be an excuse. 

The reason I said BH would probably be a candidate for 22-6A is because they're on that 146 corridor with La Porte and Deer Park. Remember, the UIL has split Dayton, Crosby and BH up before when we were in normal 5A.  

13 hours ago, alwaysright said:

3-5 years prediction

( 21-6A) BH ( about to boom) Crosby (about to boom),North Shore, Atascocita, CE King, Summer Creek, Humble, Kingwood, Cleveland

LaPorte back to 22-6A

(8-5A) Dayton ( about to boom), Porter, Lee, Sterling, GCM, Kingwood Park, West Fork

(5A-D1) Galveston Ball, Friendswood, Manvel, Iowa Colony, West Brook, United, Port Arthur Memorial , Angleton 

(5A-D1) Kempner, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Terry, Foster, Rosenberg Randle (new), Rosenberg Tomas (new)

Fulshear to 6A

When La Porte goes back to 6A I think the only difference in what you posted is that Cleveland would stay in that Conroe district and it would be Kingwood Park that moves to 21-6A with the rest of Humble ISD. I would imagine with West Fork opening and taking a bunch of enrollment from Porter High that if NCISD redraws the attendance zones they'll probably shift some of the kids from southern part of New Caney High's attendance zone to Porter High meaning NC back to 5A for a little while. 

2 hours ago, Big Daddy Cool said:

I know in Crosby there are several new subdivisions going along 2100. And there are several that will be going along 90.

The huge Sweetgass Village subdivision going in on 1942 is what's going to make or break Crosby in 6A. If it ends up being more Pine Trails than Sterling Green than I think we're going to be fine. If it's the opposite then we could end up with an enrollment over 3,000 and hardly any additional football players which would put us in a real bind. 

Must’ve gotten some bad analysis from my inner-city guy? I’m 50 plays into the CE King vs Westfield scrimmage film and CE King is kind of dominating both sides of the ball. The RB is smaller but better than the one they had last year and the o-line may even be a little bigger. Westfield has a stud RB committed to Rice but I will say, by no means is Westfield’s offense a thing of beauty which is often the case and the reason why they don’t have multiple state titles. 

For the Crosby fans that saw the Lamar scrimmage they have a TE that’s just as just as big and fast and just as good, if not better than #41 for Lamar. Just saw him go up and catch one in double coverage then leap over a Westfield defender for about a 35 yard gain.

CEK’s starting QB on this scrimmage tape is ridiculous. Probably 7/10 for about 140 yards, 1 TD and 1 int halfway through. One incompletion is a throw away, one incompletion is a perfectly thrown drop to a wide open receiver and the other is an int in the end zone where the Westfield defender went about 10ft in the air and picked off what otherwise would’ve been a beautiful TD pass. What I’m hoping is that the starting QB on this film is the ineligible guy though, noticeable dropoff in arm talent to the #2.

On defense they’re huge on the d-line again and pretty much in general. D-line doesn’t look as athletic as the guys last year but they do have what looks to be a stud DE. Again, I think Westfield’s offense is helping them out some but this will be our first time running these new plays in a game. If the Lamar scrimmage is any indicator we’re going to have to do a lot of improving just for kids not to be arguing in the huddle about calls and where to line up. New offense seems a lot more complicated than the old ones but hopefully that makes them harder to defend once we get it figured out. 

22 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

When La Porte goes back to 6A I think the only difference in what you posted is that Cleveland would stay in that Conroe district and it would be Kingwood Park that moves to 21-6A with the rest of Humble ISD. I would imagine with West Fork opening and taking a bunch of enrollment from Porter High that if NCISD redraws the attendance zones they'll probably shift some of the kids from southern part of New Caney High's attendance zone to Porter High meaning NC back to 5A for a little while. 

You’re probably right

2 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Crosby definitely has the advantage in the parent analysis column. Not sure how that shakes out in the W/L column though.  Coach Willis should give you a headset 14.2

Joe Cauthen, who's the DC at Utah State now, gave me an opportunity to be a GA. Just couldn't see the benefit in working for free at that time. I often wonder what could've been? Crosby alum Aston Walter went the GA route and is now the assistant RB coach at Tennessee. Probably going to making north of $300k once he loses the assistant title, rather that be at Tennessee or some other school. 

On 8/23/2023 at 3:21 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Joe Cauthen, who's the DC at Utah State now, gave me an opportunity to be a GA. Just couldn't see the benefit in working for free at that time. I often wonder what could've been? Crosby alum Aston Walter went the GA route and is now the assistant RB coach at Tennessee. Probably going to making north of $300k once he loses the assistant title, rather that be at Tennessee or some other school. 

14.2, no need to explain. He definitely don't know any Crosby history, you come from a Football (RB) family. By many accounts (of course debatable) your Dad (RIP) was one of the best RBs ever to come out of Crosby/BST. I didn't see him play, but there are plenty that did and they are pretty close in their opinions. I also understand you did great work while up in the Dallas area with A&M Commerce. I left the Crosby area when you were playing HS but I heard good things.