TABC Showcase

31 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

It was BU that beat Faith Family at the TABC. Of course their roster might be a lot different when the season starts.

Silsbee was missing 5 or 6 kids from the team last week. I can think of a few that should make decent contributions this year that weren't there. With or without Miller, hopefully it'll be enough to fill the void if he leaves early.

Some of you have to keep in mind 4A is a different beast than what is was a few years ago. We didn't have the top 4A schools looking like they should be in the 6A playoffs. The only reason this bunch doesn't have at least one ring already is some freakish JUCO looking team.

2017 Silsbee would have a hard time winning anything today. They would have lost to FF the same way this bunch did year before last.

2017 would have a hard time winning “anything today”…. That’s a big reach

5 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Agree!! Bush, Adams, McCain is one of the best trios I've seen at any level. IMO, the Silsbee team you seen at the TABC will be same Silsbee team you see all next season. Maybe im wrong. 

6 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

A HUGE reach would be putting it kindly. Some people don’t like being wrong. That’s okay.  The teams Silsbee ran out there the last few years wouldn’t have beaten that Dallas Carter team either.  Or the 2017 Silsbee team either 😉.  And those Yates teams were considerably better than BTW imo. 

11 hours ago, Kountzer said:

That 2017 team was special.  Devon is the best out of Silsbee.Againts Dallas Carter in that championship game he was rebounding, playing defense, making steals, throwing dimes, intercepting dimes, etc.  And he had a star studded team with him: Bush, Adams, Martin, a host of others.

BTW beat FFA.  Or was that BU?   Maybe it was a fluke.  Maybe not.  Like Texas Hoops said, BTW is good, but I feel Silsbee is better.  I think Miller will play, at least I hope so.  If not there are some hungry kids on that team.  Sooner or later some of them will step up.  It happens on all teams every year.

One of the best performances I’ve seen at state on any level.  He refused to let his team loose.  The same could be said for Braelon in that regional final against Yates.  It’s was just an incredible performance where he left everything he had on the floor.  Is this team talented?  Yes.  Have they done anything remotely close to those games?  No.  I guess you can whine about the teams coming out of Dallas or you find a way to beat them. One team did.  One team hasn’t.  End of story. 

8 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

Bush/Adams/McCain were three compared to Miller/Harris as a twosome.  Not to mention the supporting cast with the first group all played college sports somewhere.  Completely better role players and more of them.  Lastly, see the hardware.

The 2017 team had 10 players that played sports at the next level.

Basketball

Adams

Bush

D. McCain

Harris

Tyler

Football

Barnes

Jones

Newton

M. McCain

C. Tyler

That team was loaded with talent.

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

One of the best performances I’ve seen at state on any level.  He refused to let his team loose.  The same could be said for Braelon in that regional final against Yates.  It’s was just an incredible performance where he left everything he had on the floor.  Is this team talented?  Yes.  Have they done anything remotely close to those games?  No.  I guess you can whine about the teams coming out of Dallas or you find a way to beat them. One team did.  One team hasn’t.  End of story. 

2017 state championship, D. McCain didn't even participate. He was suspended. Silsbee beat Brazosport that year. 2018 was when Silsbee beat Carter and D. McCain had that phenomenal game with 39 points.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The 2017 team had 10 players that played sports at the next level.

Basketball

Adams

Bush

D. McCain

Harris

Tyler

Football

Barnes

Jones

Newton

M. McCain

C. Tyler

That team was loaded with talent.

Still hard for me to believe Kolten Mackey never played college football. Better than a LOT of kids who did. 

Depending on what happens tomorrow with Miller, Silsbee could have 3 D1 b-ball players on their roster. I believe they may currently have 4 or 5 that'll play sports at the next level overall. Three of the four kids who graduated last year went on to play sports at the next level (or at least got offers), all football.

Getting back to the TABC for a minute, Duncanville got handled. I hear Round Rock Stony Point may have the best player in the state. Between them and Brennan, it looks like the central part of the state is on the rise .

33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep and it's my understanding that because he chose A&M, he will be staying for his entire senior year and will play basketball this season for Silsbee.

Gonna be a hell of a sports school year for the Tigers. 💪🏾

• 2 weeks later...