Bold season predictions for 2023-2024

On 6/14/2023 at 11:53 AM, Tech Wolves said:

Brookeland may be tougher than expected. New coach 23-6 last year everyone back. Go WILFCATS!

Coach Brandon Shumake is leaving his alma mater Jasper High School and Lady Dawgs basketball after 6 successful years.

He has accepted the head boy's basketball job at Brookeland. Jasper's loss and the Wildcat's gain

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Coach Brandon Shumake is leaving his alma mater Jasper High School and Lady Dawgs basketball after 6 successful years.

He has accepted the head boy's basketball job at Brookeland. Jasper's loss and the Wildcat's gain

Congratulations to him. I remember those Brookeland teams from late 90s/early 2000s. Fun times. 

• 1 month later...

Appreciate kind words but to be honest Neither team had their full rosters playing in that game.  District 23-3A will be very competitive and close. 6 teams out of the 8 legitimately could secure playoff spots based on what’s returning. Lots of new head coaches as well which could mix some things up. 

Saturday the GASO fall shootout in MI3 will give people a lot of looks at lots of programs in the area. 

On 9/19/2023 at 2:26 PM, buccaneers4lyfe said:

We are about a month away from getting practice going, any interesting hoops news going on?

Teams looking better or worse than expected?

Transfers? 

New predictions?

Look out for Bridge City.  Cards blasted Nederland recently and then Nederland beat PA Memorial.  This group might be better than the one that went four rounds deep a few years back.  Maybe they'll be the first team in a while to push Silsbee. 

LCM gave Silsbee a push in the second game they played last year. They eventually gave out cause of no depth, but they were winning that game for a bit.

I'm gonna need to see this new Bridge City. Do they get transfers or is this the same team as last year just a little more grown up?

Looked like they just wanted to get the game over with when they played at Silsbee last year.

8 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Look out for Bridge City.  Cards blasted Nederland recently and then Nederland beat PA Memorial.  This group might be better than the one that went four rounds deep a few years back.  Maybe they'll be the first team in a while to push Silsbee. 

When did Bridge City make the regional tournament?

Bridge City has made the playoffs three times in the last 15 seasons only advancing to the 2nd round once when they upset Hardin-Jefferson in the first round in 2021. The other two times they lost in the 1st round.

To my knowledge, Bridge City has never made the regional tournament (4th round) in basketball.

10 hours ago, KB33 said:

I heard that HF beat BC twice, Nederland 4 times and split with PA over the fall and summer. How will they look this year? 

With the amount of Beaumont transfers they have gotten the last 4 or 5 years its hard for me to respect what they do.
They win a bunch of games early based on a significant gap in talent then they get popped quickly in the playoffs 

3 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

With the amount of Beaumont transfers they have gotten the last 4 or 5 years its hard for me to respect what they do.
They win a bunch of games early based on a significant gap in talent then they get popped quickly in the playoffs 

East Chambers fan talking about transfers is rich.  I like Fannett.  Lots of good players and one of the best coaching staffs around.  Kennebew is an up and comer, Knowles is the experienced old coach, and Robertons is the wily veteran. 

22 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

I have a bad habit of exaggerating things.  As far as I know the upset over Hardin Jefferson is the only Bridge City playoff win ever.  I would love to see that game replayed again this year. 

Considering HJ is gonna be down a good bit from what I’ve heard I’m sure you would lol

On 9/30/2023 at 6:56 PM, buccaneers4lyfe said:

I looked at HF roster last year and every player on it went to Middle School in HF.  

Ill let you do the math here, HF went from being one of the worst HS Teams in the state of Texas for about a decade (maybe more) now all of a sudden in the last 5 years they are competing for district titles........ come on man.

Yes we have been known to get some move-ins but we have a proud and successful tradition in Winnie, TX.

On 9/30/2023 at 10:14 PM, 72 Pinto said:

East Chambers fan talking about transfers is rich.  I like Fannett.  Lots of good players and one of the best coaching staffs around.  Kennebew is an up and comer, Knowles is the experienced old coach, and Robertons is the wily veteran. 

Read my mind.  EC is the most butt hurt about it because, well, do as I say, not as I do. 

• 4 weeks later...

My pre-season projections for our local districts, good luck to all teams this year unless you are playing the Runnin Bucs!

5A District 17 Projections

1. Memorial 2. BH 3. Nederland 4. GCM 5. PNG 6. Crosby 7. Sterling 8. Lee 

4A District 19 Projections

1. Silsbee 2. Jasper 3. BC  4. Vidor 5. Lumberton 6. LCM 7. WOS 

4A District 20 Projections 

1. HF 2. Huffman 3. HJ 4. Livingston 5. Splendora 6. Liberty 7. West Fork

3A District 21 Projections

1. Central Heights 2. Diboll 3. Huntington 4. Pineywoods 5. Central 6. Hemphill 7. Woodville 8. Newton

3A District 22 Projections

1. Kountze 2. EC 3. OF 4. Anahuac 5. Kirbyville 6. Warren 7. Buna 8. Hardin 

3A District 23 Projections

1. Crockett 2. Onalaska 3. Shepherd 4. Tarkington 5. Coldspring Oakhurst 6. New Waverly 7. Trinity 8. Anderson-Shiro

2A District 25 Projections

1. Evadale 2. Big Sandy 3. West Hardin 4. Sabine Pass 5. Hull-Daisetta 6. Deweyville

3 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

My pre-season projections for our local districts, good luck to all teams this year unless you are playing the Runnin Bucs!

5A District 17 Projections

1. Memorial 2. BH 3. Nederland 4. GCM 5. PNG 6. Crosby 7. Sterling 8. Lee 

4A District 19 Projections

1. Silsbee 2. Jasper 3. BC  4. Vidor 5. Lumberton 6. LCM 7. WOS 

4A District 20 Projections 

1. HF 2. Huffman 3. HJ 4. Livingston 5. Splendora 6. Liberty 7. West Fork

3A District 21 Projections

1. Central Heights 2. Diboll 3. Huntington 4. Pineywoods 5. Central 6. Hemphill 7. Woodville 8. Newton

3A District 22 Projections

1. Kountze 2. EC 3. OF 4. Anahuac 5. Kirbyville 6. Warren 7. Buna 8. Hardin 

3A District 23 Projections

1. Crockett 2. Onalaska 3. Shepherd 4. Tarkington 5. Coldspring Oakhurst 6. New Waverly 7. Trinity 8. Anderson-Shiro

2A District 25 Projections

1. Evadale 2. Big Sandy 3. West Hardin 4. Sabine Pass 5. Hull-Daisetta 6. Deweyville

In 22-3A, I tend to agree with your top 3 (and maybe 4).  But why is Buna so low?  Do they really not have much this year?