West Hardin

2wedge

What's going to happen here? I know they were teetering on the verge of eliminating the football program all together a couple of years ago. Does Taylor leaving this late put that consideration back on the table? Especially with the Superintendent retiring and presumably not really putting a ton of effort into hiring the next coach? 

On 5/26/2023 at 8:40 AM, 2wedge said:

What's going to happen here? I know they were teetering on the verge of eliminating the football program all together a couple of years ago. Does Taylor leaving this late put that consideration back on the table? Especially with the Superintendent retiring and presumably not really putting a ton of effort into hiring the next coach? 

didnt the principal leave also?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DP#1FAN said:

Does not seem to be a good situation right now. 

Really not many "good situations" in rural schools these days. With coaches/teachers/admins struggling to meet staffing demands and government mandates it has created a volatile situation industry wide. 

So, on June 21st, there is still no football coach at WH? Considering the fact the program just recently rejoined UIL after playing an outlaw schedule for a few years and they struggle with having enough players every single year, this may be the death nail in the program. Sad times. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

So, on June 21st, there is still no football coach at WH? Considering the fact the program just recently rejoined UIL after playing an outlaw schedule for a few years and they struggle with having enough players every single year, this may be the death nail in the program. Sad times. 

They hired several weeks ago .....don't ask his name cause I don't remember......lol

13 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I am shocked they got someone from the outside to come in and take this job. I felt for sure this would be an inside hire.

I don't know the guy, but unless he has family or a reason to be in the area, he's probably looking for a AD HC job to use as a step to the next place. Looks like he has never run the whole show and I bet he won't be around for long. Good luck to him and kudos to them for finding a guy at this late hour. 

22 hours ago, Colt45Red said:

I don't know the guy, but unless he has family or a reason to be in the area, he's probably looking for a AD HC job to use as a step to the next place. Looks like he has never run the whole show and I bet he won't be around for long. Good luck to him and kudos to them for finding a guy at this late hour. 

It's hard for me to believe that someone looks at the WH football program and thinks, "that's where I need to go to build my name". 

Taylor did as good with them as anybody could, and his upward progression was Colmesneil.