does anyone else smell a new rivalry?

Guest beards_bro

Texas City beat LaMarque and Dickinson this year---they won their district.........

I believe that Texas City and LaMarque are evenly matched teams this year even though Texas City beat the Coogs. I'm not sure what the score was but I heard that it was fairly close...but I may be wrong. Anyways, if Dayton and Lumberton both advance to the 3rd round Lumberton will obviously get the tougher opponent in Houston Yates than Dayton will get in their matchup.

The sad thing about the "secret" thing is if Dayton loses before Lumberton in the playoffs, then we will never hear the end of the "secret meeting" and use that as an excuse. 

I personally feel that anyone from here on out that even mentions the "SECRET MEETING" be it someone from Lumberton or Dayton, first time poster or regular poster, be banned from this forum for six months.  I figure it would take Dayton fans that long to get over and forget and admit who is the better team.  Just my two cents.

being from lumberton u shouldnt have much trouble making this a rule  ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations to Lumberton, they won one game they shouldn't have and now they are the toast of the town, albeit, Lumberton.

There is no rivalry between Dayton and Lumberton. They have had a great season and even with their fans, I am still pulling for them to beat LaMarque. They were given a break by playing Smiley and that's that. It was much more pleasurable to Dayton to crush Crosby than beat up Smiley and their 100 fans. I did miss their band though. Central comes close, but the Smiley band is lights out.

Lumberton will have to prove us all wrong but they appear to be one hit wonders to me.

One game does not a rivalry make. It will take four or five games like this year's game. I hate to use the term "one year wonder" like someone above, but I will say that while this year's Raider team has proven a lot, it will take several seasons to establish yourself as "turned around." Let's not forget similar two or three season runs by teams like LC-M (11-0 in 94), Ozen, Bridge City, etc. After a few years, KERPLUNK! I'm not saying that will happen, but before we deem something a "rivalry," let's lay down a few consistent strong games.

Now, Dayton/WO-S is looking like a rivalry, though we've won them all so far ;)

oh your funny, but right :'(

Guest beards_bro

Man, it looks like the jealous, bitter, dayton playa haters are out in full force tonite. It is just hilarious and also ridiculously pathetic the things that you say. L-Town "won a game that they shouldn't have won". Why shouldn't we have won that game? You haters just can't stand it can you? All of the whining and crying and making excuses for "why dayton lost to tha train". Even if it turned out that this years team was a one hit wonder, which I know that it won't....we still beat that ....Wouldn't it be great if L-Town won this week and Dayton lost. Then Dayton fans would be sitting at home sulking while the Raiders are still having fun playing football. I bet they would be sitting there hoping that we got beat by Houston Yates because they are soooooooooooooooooooo bitter! Right bucof2010 & bronco?

Man, it looks like the jealous, bitter, dayton playa haters are out in full force tonite. It is just hilarious and also ridiculously pathetic the things that you say. L-Town "won a game that they shouldn't have won". Why shouldn't we have won that game? You haters just can't stand it can you? All of the whining and crying and making excuses for "why dayton lost to tha train". Even if it turned out that this years team was a one hit wonder, which I know that it won't....we still beat that ....Wouldn't it be great if L-Town won this week and Dayton lost. Then Dayton fans would be sitting at home sulking while the Raiders are still having fun playing football. I bet they would be sitting there hoping that we got beat by Houston Yates because they are soooooooooooooooooooo bitter! Right bucof2010 & bronco?

no i would hope yall went all the way to state to win it...and with the dayton game it doesnt matter what anybody from dayton says when you look at the history book it will say lumberton - 8 dayton - 7. but hopefully we will both make it to the forth round of the play offs for a second round

In now way am I bitter or even remotely jealous of the Lumberton victory over Dayton.

Lumberton played a great game and never ever gave up.

It was a great night for Lumberton...

What erks me is.....

On Thursday the AD's left a meeting excpecting a three way tie to be broken by a point spread system.  This is what the RULES stated when the district was formed.

According to many people on this site the tie breaker should have been to seed the division 1 team and then go head to head with division 2.  This is what I was expecting to happen.  If that were the case the AD's should have agreed to use this system on Thursday, but they agreed to use the point spread system since it was in the RULES.

Then on Friday the superintendants CHANGED THE RULES!

It doesn't matter what teams were involved, it was just WRONG to change the rules, which ended up changing the playoff seeding.

If head to head was SO IMPORTANT to this district then they would have had another meeting last year in basketball when Dayton beat Central twice but was still forced to flip a coin.

Since.....

The media in the Beaumont area has been absolutely silent on this matter....

You have to assume what is written above is factual.

This is what was reported by the Baytown Sun and the Liberty Radio station.

Will the truth of this ever be known???

I doubt it...

As previously said, this is water under the bridge, or dirt under the carpet, or sand through the time glass....

It is something that has happened and is over and both teams are now facing big time opponents.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!

It would be just AWEsome for 22-4A for BOTH teams to meet up in the Quarterfinals!

Good luck Lumberton!!!

Knocking LaMarque out of the playoffs would be just HUGE!!!

Dayton will have their hands full with Texas City.

1st to the topic.  I don't see even the start of a rivalry.  The two main reasons are (1) Dayton will probably come and go in in this district as has happened in the past (2) Dayton already appears to have a rivalry with Crosby.  Natrual rivals could be Silsbee, Vidor or Jasper.  It used to be a big deal to beat Jasper.  Problem is, I don't think it meant or means anything to Jasper to beat Lumberton.  Honestly, Lumberton has not been consistently good enough traditionally to draw a rival.

2nd to the issue of seeding.  I see both sides.  I don't think we'll ever know what the content of the Friday meeting was.  I am curious.  However, I don't believe that anything underhanded happened.  On this forum we see a few key facts and two opinions.

Facts

1) Dayton, Lumberton & PNG tied for 1st with 6-1 district records.

2) Lumberton beat Dayton, PNG beat Lumberton & Dayton beat PNG

3) Using point spread you have 1-Dayton, 2-Lumberton & 3-PNG.

4) The fact is that PNG is the "big school" and goes to Div. I while Dayton & Lumberton goes to Div. II.

Opinions

1) The point system for tie-breakers should have been applied to seeding before removing the Div. I rep.

2) The Div. I rep should be removed from consideration so you can look at head-to-head on the Div. II reps.

I don't know the content of the meeting.  I've only seen small sections of the district rules.  From what  I've seen the rules addressed which teams go to the playoffs, but not specifically seeding.  I like to think that the meeting was called to clarifiy the seeding issue before the final outcome on Friday night.  Just think, dist. 21-4A still had games too.  Can we say that we knew who the #1 and #2 seed at 2pm Friday afternoon before the week 10 games?  Even if the dist. 21-4A reps & seeding was know, what about all of region III and the brakcets?  I'll say this, I think TC is a tougher opponent than LM.  And Crosby may have been tougher than Smiley.  I don't think anyone will argue that week 3 will put Lumberton against a tougher opponent in Yates or Waller than Dayton will face in Livingston or Houston Washington (not sure if those two are correct) - assuming both D & L advance.  Ultimately it doesn't matter, both Dayton & Lumberton would have to clear the same field of 14 teams plus each other to advance, regardless of starting point.

As PURPLE wrote, I also hope that 22-4A can sweep region III and meet in the quarterfinals.

I will be pulling for both teams (and PNG, WB, WOS, Jasper, Kville, Hardin & Newton).

1st to the topic.  I don't see even the start of a rivalry.  The two main reasons are (1) Dayton will probably come and go in in this district as has happened in the past (2) Dayton already appears to have a rivalry with Crosby.  Natrual rivals could be Silsbee, Vidor or Jasper.  It used to be a big deal to beat Jasper.  Problem is, I don't think it meant or means anything to Jasper to beat Lumberton.  Honestly, Lumberton has not been consistently good enough traditionally to draw a rival.

2nd to the issue of seeding.  I see both sides.  I don't think we'll ever know what the content of the Friday meeting was.  I am curious.  However, I don't believe that anything underhanded happened.  On this forum we see a few key facts and two opinions.

Facts

1) Dayton, Lumberton & PNG tied for 1st with 6-1 district records.

2) Lumberton beat Dayton, PNG beat Lumberton & Dayton beat PNG

3) Using point spread you have 1-Dayton, 2-Lumberton & 3-PNG.

4) The fact is that PNG is the "big school" and goes to Div. I while Dayton & Lumberton goes to Div. II.

Opinions

1) The point system for tie-breakers should have been applied to seeding before removing the Div. I rep.

2) The Div. I rep should be removed from consideration so you can look at head-to-head on the Div. II reps.

I don't know the content of the meeting.  I've only seen small sections of the district rules.  From what  I've seen the rules addressed which teams go to the playoffs, but not specifically seeding.  I like to think that the meeting was called to clarifiy the seeding issue before the final outcome on Friday night.  Just think, dist. 21-4A still had games too.  Can we say that we knew who the #1 and #2 seed at 2pm Friday afternoon before the week 10 games?  Even if the dist. 21-4A reps & seeding was know, what about all of region III and the brakcets?  I'll say this, I think TC is a tougher opponent than LM.  And Crosby may have been tougher than Smiley.  I don't think anyone will argue that week 3 will put Lumberton against a tougher opponent in Yates or Waller than Dayton will face in Livingston or Houston Washington (not sure if those two are correct) - assuming both D & L advance.  Ultimately it doesn't matter, both Dayton & Lumberton would have to clear the same field of 14 teams plus each other to advance, regardless of starting point.

As PURPLE wrote, I also hope that 22-4A can sweep region III and meet in the quarterfinals.

I will be pulling for both teams (and PNG, WB, WOS, Jasper, Kville, Hardin & Newton).

What an intelligent post stating all facts.  I sure appreciate that explaination.  Valid points across the board.  I think if Lumberton were to somehow were to beat Dayton this year in the playoffs and then blowout Dayton next year in district play, then we might have something to chant rivals about.  Dayton had not lost to Lumberton since 1993 and to lose in 2007 by 1 point is the furthest thing from a rivalry.  Its more like OOPS......

How? texas city went undefeated in district(beating la marque) and la marque went 5-2

What i was saying is neither team got away with an easy play.... LaMarque is Playoff tested and TC has been good all year this year...  You guys in Dayton should be happy for the opportunit y to pay TC back from last year!

What i was saying is neither team got away with an easy play.... LaMarque is Playoff tested and TC has been good all year this year...  You guys in Dayton should be happy for the opportunit y to pay TC back from last year!

One more thing!!  TC beat Lamarque by a field goal...  TC is not undefeated they lost a game.

Texas City baerly beat Friendswood,  Todays Dayton would blow Friendswood out!!!!  Lamarque beat PNG (19-0) and todays PNG would give them a battle but PNG is the only team to beat the L-Train this year...  psycological edge goes to Dayton... I think Texas City would be a easier game for you guys...  You owe them from last year and you are obviuously just as good as they are.  Lumberton really doesn't know fear because this territory is so uncharted for them, but they do see that Lamarque blanked the only team to beat them!

I do understand that long term success earns a school more respect, but for always being one of the smallest enrollments in 4A in both the district and the state for the almost 20 years or so Lumberton has had a very respectable program.  Another point is, and i am not downgrading anyone's success but how many teams have earned respect getting in the playoffs because of the third playoff spot.  Over the last 20 years prior to the rule change a number of Raider teams would have got in if there was a third spot.  I am only stating that because maybe we should already have a little respect....

I do understand that long term success earns a school more respect, but for always being one of the smallest enrollments in 4A in both the district and the state for the almost 20 years or so Lumberton has had a very respectable program.  Another point is, and i am not downgrading anyone's success but how many teams have earned respect getting in the playoffs because of the third playoff spot.  Over the last 20 years prior to the rule change a number of Raider teams would have got in if there was a third spot.  I am only stating that because maybe we should already have a little respect....

i'll agree to disagree with you on this point buddy. (not the part about them being third im sure you are correct aabout that) but i remember countless years of lumberton winning only 2 or 3 games

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics