Port Neches-Groves 42 Manvel 44/FINAL

9 minutes ago, Nederland44 said:

I also believe 17-5A had a big talent drop off from last year which is very obvious. Nederland only lost to Crosby in 3rd round then Crosby ended up losing to BU in a later round. This years district is the least amount of talent I’ve seen in a while .

Regional championship.

2 hours ago, Knox34 said:

Anybody know why McDowell the Kansas commit didn’t play for manvel? Word is he hasn’t played last few games. 

Not sure. I figured that was the reason why Friendswood beat em to end the regular season cause he wasn't there. 

6 hours ago, Knox34 said:

Anybody know why McDowell the Kansas commit didn’t play for manvel? Word is he hasn’t played last few games. 

All I heard was the he got in trouble but couldn't find out any details. He wasn't even on the bench with the team but was in the stands. Barely showed any emotion or looked like he cared at all. 

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I'm being told it was more than an injury.

There is a reason why he was not sitting on the bench with the team in the game vs. PN-G.

He hasn’t been playing because of an injury.  Why he wasn’t on the bench may have been something else.  Great kid from a great family.  Honor student.  He may have gotten into some kind of trouble but he would be the last kid you would expect that from.  But I know for a fact the reason he has missed the last few games was due to an injury and could post what the injury is but I won’t. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He hasn’t been playing because of an injury.  Why he wasn’t on the bench may have been something else.  Great kid from a great family.  Honor student.  He may have gotten into some kind of trouble but he would be the last kid you would expect that from.  But I know for a fact the reason he has missed the last few games was due to an injury and could post what the injury is but I won’t. 

You are correct in that he is out due to injury.

I'm being told if he wasn't injured any longer he still would not be playing for Manvel.

Just going by what folks have told me that are pretty connected.