Bridge City 52 Lumberton 68/FINAL

I mean he’s playing teams like bc and woodville. Not sure you need a Wesley Yates to get over .500. That’s my point. Btw I love to watch Mitchell coach. His temper doesn’t bother me. His decisions bother me like running a box and 1 on ghost against of when pete is clearly their best player. Which btw they lost that game 

23 minutes ago, StephenAGURU said:

Let me simplify it. When he has had a decent amount of talent hes gotten alot out of those teams. When his talent level is lower he keeps them competitive. There you go MS

After watching the game last night, it was very clear that Lumberton was the more talented team than Bridge City. But that might not be saying much.

Josh is doing a good job with this team.

Oh, pretty sure everyone here knows who I am. lol

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

After watching the game last night, it was very clear that Lumberton was the more talented team than Bridge City. But that might not be saying much.

Josh is doing a good job with this team.

Oh, pretty sure everyone here knows who I am. lol

Ok I didnt know if Doxing was a new thing on Setxsports. 

13 hours ago, StephenAGURU said:

Sounds alittle soft

So I am guessing that you go to Lumberton games pretty frequently. Have you noticed a different approach to coaching during games recently by Coach Mitchell. I have. Much more positive and coaching. I am all for coaching kids hard and holding them accountable. I am not all for calling a timeout and yelling at one kid for a minute telling him how bad of a shooter he is and he should never shoot the ball. That has happened numerous times in multiple games. That is not coaching. 

7 minutes ago, catfever said:

So I am guessing that you go to Lumberton games pretty frequently. Have you noticed a different approach to coaching during games recently by Coach Mitchell. I have. Much more positive and coaching. I am all for coaching kids hard and holding them accountable. I am not all for calling a timeout and yelling at one kid for a minute telling him how bad of a shooter he is and he should never shoot the ball. That has happened numerous times in multiple games. That is not coaching. 

He hasn't been to a Lumberton basketball game in years.

19 hours ago, whsalum said:

I’ve watched Coach Mitchell for years and the one thing no one ever mentions is his grasp of the defensive side of the game. He’s been doing a great job of preparing his clubs defensively for years.He’s gotta be doing something right because no one ever talked Lumberton basketball before he got there 🏀

That’s exactly what I mentioned. His poorly planned defensive schemes    Maybe you missed that post.  Last season they gave up 62 points a game. I’m not sure what defense you have been watching. 

On 1/14/2023 at 11:46 AM, catfever said:

I’ve been critical of some stuff that’s happened on here, but he’s obviously made a difference at Lumberton.  I’ve noticed some of this behavior in the past, but haven’t seen a game this season or last.  Hopefully he’s turned a new leaf when it comes to the criticism/positivity issue.  That would go a long way to changing my opinion of him.  It seems he’s got his boys trending in the right direction after a slow start to the season.  

On 1/15/2023 at 7:39 AM, Knox34 said:

That’s exactly what I mentioned. His poorly planned defensive schemes    Maybe you missed that post.  Last season they gave up 62 points a game. I’m not sure what defense you have been watching. 

There were a few games against really good teams that the opponents scored well over 100. Silsbee I think scored about 125 in the first meeting last year and Hamshire scored over 100, both very good ball clubs that loved up tempo basketball. I don’t remember the score of the second Silsbee game but I don’t think they scored nearly as many the second time around. The guy does a good job with what he has to work with.