Silsbee vs Jasper

If Jasper has a hot shooting night, this will be much closer than some expect.

They will match Silsbee's athleticism and will have a size advantage. Jasper's PG #2 will be the 3rd best player on the floor (behind Harris and Miller). He is playing very well of late.

Jasper will try to make you turn it over and get transition buckets and will try to dominate the boards. They are not a good shooting team but can get hot at times. Jasper plays a 10 man rotation as well and foul trouble is not much of an issue. That's why they are very aggressive defensively. Jasper will try to make it ugly.

Now, if Silsbee doesn't turn it over a lot, can rebound with Jasper and make them turn it over or have to play half court offense, then it will be another easy Silsbee win.

I say Silsbee +17

I don't see any impressive wins for Jasper. Playing Evadale, Sabine Pass, Anahuac (L) , and losing to East Chambers twice doesn't seem threatening for sure. It shows a 12-5 record but their only "quality wins" seem to be a struggling West Orange Stark win but 10 and beating Vidor in OT by 3. Silsbee has played against much bigger and much more athletic teams that what Jasper brings. Jasper has alot of athletic kids but not sure how many are basketball skilled. 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I don't see any impressive wins for Jasper. Playing Evadale, Sabine Pass, Anahuac (L) , and losing to East Chambers twice doesn't seem threatening for sure. It shows a 12-5 record but their only "quality wins" seem to be a struggling West Orange Stark win but 10 and beating Vidor in OT by 3. Silsbee has played against much bigger and much more athletic teams that what Jasper brings. Jasper has alot of athletic kids but not sure how many are basketball skilled. 

THIS!!!

19 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Bigger? Yes. Skilled? Definitely yes! But Jasper is as athletic as any team Silsbee has and will face.

I will not be surprised if Silsbee wins by 35+. But I think it will be closer. All depends on what Jasper does.