Brittney Griner released from Russian prison in swap for convicted arms dealer

LumRaiderFan

28 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I read that the USA wanted to trademarine and Griner for that Russian guy. The Russians were not willing to make a trade for the marine. The marine's family told Biden to make the trade for Brittney because their son wasn't going to be released, and it wasn't fair to make her stay in Russia.

Why was it not fair to keep her there?  She broke a law in their country, and she hates America anyway.  Should have left her there!!

Someone make this make sense

we have people in prison in the U S for marijuana and we just traded a major threat to US citizens for them to release someone that is prison for a similar crime.

Hey liberals are we gonna free the white heterosexual male that’s in prison for marijuana state side.

liberal party is a disgrace to humanity

8 hours ago, Big girl said:

I read that the USA wanted to trade the marine and Griner for that Russian guy. The Russians were not willing to make a trade for the marine. The marine's family told Biden to make the trade for Brittney because their son wasn't going to be released, and it wasn't fair to make her stay in Russia.

The trade wasn’t necessary. When did the Russkies get to be the ones who set the terms of the deal? Oh yeah, when weak a$$ Biden became president. Embarrassing and despicable. Say you’re a weak country without saying you’re a weak country. 

10 hours ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Fair enough, I also don't think tax dollars should be wasted on him... if he's as bad as the "reports" he should've been dealt with JMO

Unfortunately that’s not how it works. Regardless, should not have traded such a dangerous and criminal individual for a person that adds no value whatsoever to the American way of life. 

I am not upset Griner was released. I think the charges were probably true and she is guilty. But if America can get its citizens released from a foreign prison, okay.

The way and why it happened is the bad part. The administration wanted Griner because of how many boxes she (or them) could check.

I think that she is a whiny woke person who hates what this country because of her brainwashed opinions. 

But while them (her) political stance is stupid in my opinion, 10 years in hard labor is a bad deal for a vape cartridge no matter if it is the laws of that country. If someone in this forum had a relative that was sentenced to 5 years of hard labor for throwing an aluminum can out of a car (littering) in Singapore, I wouldn’t expect them to say, oh well, it’s the law in that country.

Am I bent out of shape like many people because she was released? No.

Do I think it was a bad deal and her being a Black, female, LGBTQ identified, kneel for the Star Spangled Banner-American hating  woke them person was a key factor? Absolutely.

We set a weak precedent and gave up too much for a political ploy.

That however, is not Griner’s fault. She was just an unwilling international pawn.

As a Retired Navy guy I feel like you don’t make that trade for either of them.  Whelan did this:Whelan received this sentence for, among other things, attempted larceny, false statements, and dereliction of duty: A BAD CONDUCT DISCHARGE!!!! Unless he has appealed this and gotten it changed(which isn’t the easiest thing to do) he doesn’t get any veteran benefits.  So I’m my eyes, he’s not a veteran! Even if he were, you simply don’t send the Merchant of Death back to Russia for either of both of them.