Brittney Griner released from Russian prison in swap for convicted arms dealer

LumRaiderFan

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

So we swapped a pot smoking basketball player for a guy tagged as the "merchant of death" that will very likely be responsible for more American deaths.

Well, I wouldn’t have swapped her for Mary Poppins (left is Googling Mary Poppins). Just what we need, another American hater in this country. You are right. He will be responsible for deaths, hence his name. Who the heck made this deal? Sounds like something Hillary would do. 

A left wing loon who hates America, or an ex-Marine who was prepared to fight and die for this country?  Who should we get released?  Another example of an American hating President.  Did anyone need anymore “examples”?  mat tried to explain it but embarrassment doesn’t cover this.  Not sure there’s a word in the English language to cover it.  Preposterous?  Illogical?  My synonym finder even has dumb-a$$.  I could go with the last one but that’s letting him (them) off way to easy.  They’re not dumb, this is right out of Stalin’s playbook.  Benedict Arnold - move over Benedict, Joe and his band of cronies make you look like an amateur.

11 minutes ago, mat said:

A marine prisoned for four years in Russia left behind. Someone that served our country but freed someone that is ashamed of our country. We released the merchant of death. 

We are one screwed up disgusting, weak embarrassment of a country. I don't think we can be fixed. 😡

Not with biden and the Dems in “charge”

51 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So we swapped a pot smoking basketball player for a guy tagged as the "merchant of death" that will very likely be responsible for more American deaths.

Should have left her ass there!!  Break the law, pay the consequences!!  biden is part of this soft on crime 💩 that is sweeping across the mainly Dem ran large cities, turning them into cesspools.

14 minutes ago, mat said:

A marine prisoned for four years in Russia left behind. Someone that served our country but freed someone that is ashamed of our country. We released the merchant of death. 

We are one screwed up disgusting, weak embarrassment of a country. I don't think we can be fixed. 😡

You are correct Sir. Fraudulent Elections have consequences.

I don’t care what anyone says, I find it hard to believe that a majority of Americans voted for an continue to vote for what we’ve seen by this Administration the last two years.

This country is in serious trouble.

Fix 2020 or Bust

10 minutes ago, Hagar said:

A left wing loon who hates America, or an ex-Marine who was prepared to fight and die for this country?  Who should we get released?  Another example of an American hating President.  Did anyone need anymore “examples”?  mat tried to explain it but embarrassment doesn’t cover this.  Not sure there’s a word in the English language to cover it.  Preposterous?  Illogical?  My synonym finder even has dumb-a$$.  I could go with the last one but that’s letting him (them) off way to easy.  They’re not dumb, this is right out of Stalin’s playbook.  Benedict Arnold - move over Benedict, Joe and his band of cronies make you look like an amateur.

Sad

22 minutes ago, mat said:

Exactly right, absolutely disgusting.

Article posted:

At least it’s a good deal for Putin.

From the article:

Russian officials see Bout as a "high-value asset" and are likely pushing hard for the exchange, according to former Defense Intelligence Agency officer Rebekah Koffler. 

"Moscow wants him back because he possesses critical insights that he can share with the GRU, his former agency. Having been in a U.S. prison and interrogated by U.S. officials, he knows what our intelligence requirements are and other information that is valuable for the Russians," Koffler, the author of "Putin's Playbook: Russia's Secret Plan to Defeat America," told Fox News Digital. 

3 hours ago, mat said:

It's an outrage that Paul Whelan is still there.  

46 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's an outrage that Paul Whelan is still there.  

Agree. 

From the article, it seems that wasn't on the table.  

For someone who was the merchant of death, he only received 25 years in prison and has already served 12, seems odd it was a lifetime sentence - IMO.  

What a joke we have for a President.  And liberals didn’t like Trump?  And this is suppose to be better?  How?  In what way?  Alfred E. Neuman would be better.  Someone will have to explain to me how this fumbled mouth dweeb is better than anyone. Good grief, Lord deliver us from yellow dog democrats.

President Trump freed 3 students from China.

He didn't trade a Russian arms dealer.

President Trump freed 3

Americans from North Korea.

President Trump freed Aya

Hijazi & her husband from

Egypt.

Leverage 101, We got all the cards in our favor but when you have a President that is a Communist Vegetable you end with the trade we got today.

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

Agree. 

From the article, it seems that wasn't on the table.  

For someone who was the merchant of death, he only received 25 years in prison and has already served 12, seems odd it was a lifetime sentence - IMO.  

Of course it isn't.  If they can get the merchant of death for an america-hating wnba player that half the country can't stand, what will they be able to get in the future for a marine?  A president with a backbone would make sure he was on the table, or there would be no table.  But I don't believe for a second that Whelan was ever a priority for Biden.  Others hit the nail on the head when they stated that Biden's motivation here was to gain more support from certain demographics, and nothing to do with justice or rescuing an American who was in trouble.

11 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

President Trump freed 3 students from China.

President Trump freed 3

Americans from North Korea.

President Trump freed Aya

Hijazi & her husband from

Egypt.

Leverage 101, We got all the cards in our favor but when you have a President that is a Communist Vegetable you end with the trade we got today.

To be fair, he didn't free Paul Whelan, who was detained in the middle of  his presidency.  So I guess leverage doesn't apply as well to Russia.  But the point is definitely well taken that he didn't deliver a Russian arms dealer back to Russia, either.  

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

To be fair, he didn't free Paul Whelan.  So I guess leverage doesn't apply as well to Russia.  But the point is definitely well taken that he didn't deliver a Russian arms dealer back to Russia, either.  

He freed a lot using economic leverage without giving up anyone that would be dangerous to our country. The hypocrisy of the media is Sickening.