SETX vs Longview

AledoAlumni

I'm sure this thread will go off the rails but I do want to ask. Both Crosby and PAM had good starts against Longview. What contributed to the success not continuing? Was it play calling? Turnovers? Mental mistakes? Penalities? Experience? LV adjusting? How did the games slip away? Also what would have needed to change to have a different result? 

47 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

I'm sure this thread will go off the rails but I do want to ask. Both Crosby and PAM had good starts against Longview. What contributed to the success not continuing? Was it play calling? Turnovers? Mental mistakes? Penalities? Experience? LV adjusting? How did the games slip away? Also what would have needed to change to have a different result? 

For me: when our turnovers started it completely snowballed on us, also Longview is pretty damn good 😂 they capitalized on almost every mistake we made albeit turnovers, penalties or mental miscues. 🤷🏾‍♂️

To beat a team like Longview, or Aledo, you usually have to bring your “A” game, and play a near flawless game.

Longview is not 44 points better than PAM, but they were last Friday, because PAM had costly turnovers, missed opportunities, and they let the game snowball.   

Programs like Longview and Aledo don’t usually beat themselves (not saying they never have), so you can’t afford to piss away the chances they give you.

Overall, Crosby and PAM are not on that level yet.   I firmly believe both programs can be one day with the athletes they have, and it’s gonna take those perfect games to beat established powerhouses like Longview, Aledo, or a Carthage at the lower level to say they have arrived.

3 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

You will have more insight when LV stomps Aledo next week (provided Aledo can win this week). 

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

Perhaps. But until then the questions remain. 

Sit tight. Clarity is on the horizon. What we see from time to time is that inferior teams display the ability to be competitive for a few minutes but once the game settles in the superior team pulls away from the inferior.

Hopefully Aledo can win this week and you will get experience first-hand what PAM and Crosby experienced. Should be a good educational opportunity.

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Sit tight. Clarity is on the horizon. What we see from time to time is that inferior teams display the ability to be competitive for a few minutes but once the game settles in the superior team pulls away from the inferior.

Hopefully Aledo can win this week and you will get experience first-hand what PAM and Crosby experienced. Should be a good educational opportunity.

You act like Longview isn’t beatable. Slow start against the wrong team could cost them. 

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I appreciate you for supporting Aledo this week! Your t-shirt is in the mail. 

53 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

You act like Longview isn’t beatable. Slow start against the wrong team could cost them. 

We're certainly beatable.

Just like @aledoalumni told me he knows what it takes to beat Aledo, Longview fans know the same. Not like we're going to put it out there.

Just going to enjoy the ride for however long we have left.

34 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

How did we hurt you? This is a safe space. 

Was wondering the same thing.  aledo’s lost about 7 games in 8 seasons, and their two losses this year are to the #1 big school private and the #1 6A school in the state. Not only CAN they beat Longview, it’s about even money that they do it IMO.  

18 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Was wondering the same thing.  aledo’s lost about 7 games in 8 seasons, and their two losses this year are to the #1 big school private and the #1 6A school in the state. Not only CAN they beat Longview, it’s about even money that they do it IMO.  

Longview should be considered a decent favorite. They have been rollin teams all season. But I appreciate the kind words! 

29 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Longview should be considered a decent favorite. They have been rollin teams all season. But I appreciate the kind words! 

I'd say 60/40.  Aledo has a decent shot against them for sure.  Plus their roster is full of players who've been in the big games in years past.