*East Chambers Falls Just Short 28-26*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoring summary

EC -- Tramain Thomas 22-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 07:06, 2nd.

COR -- Keivin Holman 22-yard run. PAT Kick ( Uriel Luna ), 05:00, 2nd.

COR -- Jo'Courtney Johnson 21-yard run. PAT Kick ( Uriel Luna ), 06:53, 3rd.

EC -- Tramain Thomas 13-yard run. PAT Failed 2 Pt Run ( ), 10:07, 4th.

COR -- Chris Drayton 56-yard pass to Kameron Horace. PAT Kick ( Uriel Luna ), 08:42, 4th.

EC -- Tramain Thomas 1-yard run. PAT 2 Pt Pass (Justin Hallmark from Tramain Thomas), 01:32, 4th.

EC -- Tramain Thomas 8-yard run. PAT Failed 2 Pt Run ( ), 00:35, 4th.

Team Stats

East Chambers    Corrigan-Camden

Total yards                  400                  382

First downs                    20                    12

Rushes/Yds                54/300              37/281

Average rush                5.56                7.59

Comp/Atts                    6/13                  3/8

Pass yards                    100                  101

Comp pct                    46.15                  37.5

Punts                            2                      3

Punting Yards                56                    110

Punting Average            28                  36.67

Fumbles/Lost                1/1                    1/1

Penalties-yards            1-5                  3-30

Tramain Thomas            6  for 13  100 yds  1 td

Tramain Thomas            31 rushes for 207 yds  4 tds

How can this be an upset.

Corrigan is a very good team.

Corrigan barely lost to Mart last year in the Quarterfinals.

They had a lot of athletes returning and their JV was very good this year.

Best of Luck to the Dawgs.

Corrigan is a very good team and I wish them luck the rest of the way.

Guest coachhooker

Thomas did play the whole game and looked good, this was a dog fight the whole game, I was very impressed how the EC players and coaches rallied in the 4th.  I hated to see them fall short but congrats on a good season.

Guest ECBucFan

The boys DID show a lot of heart coming all the way back in the 4th, but EC should not have had to "come back" in the 4th at all.

EC had more talent than CC and should have won this game, no doubt about it. CC made the right calls and the right plays at the right times. CC was real scrappy, and determined to win.

EC missed a huge, huge opportunity to go deep in the playoffs this year. EC had one of it's most talented teams in the last decade or so, and combined with #1 Mart being upset by 7-3 Hamilton, the stage was set for a wide open run to December football for EC... This will be regretted for a long time. 

Lastly, I want to say thanks to our friends from around SETX that have offered kind words and encouragement (DP and Steeler, 24, HF Mom, and a number of others, too). Big thanks to the H-I and H-F fans in attendance Friday night in Shepperd cheering the Bucs. Sorry it turned out the way it did.   

How can this be an upset.

Corrigan is a very good team.

Corrigan barely lost to Mart last year in the Quarterfinals.

They had a lot of athletes returning and their JV was very good this year.

Best of Luck to the Dawgs.

Corrigan 'barely' lost to Mart last year by the score of 46-27.

Was East Chambers too excited that Mart lost???  ;) Congrats to EC on a good season and good luck to all those still standing. Let the season of upsets continue...

While the scoreboard is what we go by, it’s not always a good representation of what happened.  Mart didn't pull away until late in the game, but they did beat Corrigan and...maybe won a few more, I can't remeber.

Saying EC is more talented than Corrigan is crazy.  There is no doubt that EC is very talented at several positions, but Corrigan is also a talented team with good speed and well disciplined.  CC is also methodical about how they attack the game.  Especially in the 3rd qrt they began to win those battles on the line and really pound the run game.  CC executed well in this game, well, except for that on-side kick.  Heck of a time for them to be timid about covering up a ball!  Both teams missed opportunities in this game and both teams played hard.  I'm looking forward to next Friday.  Good luck to EC in the rest of their year.

Guest Bucs1995

I just wish we would have had someone who could kick and extra point.  If we did we would be going to Huntsville this weekend.  I just dont think our guys played 100% the first half.  That is just my opinion.  Great year Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good luck to all that are still it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder