BH Vs. Forney Rd 1

BHFAN

BH Vs Forney  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

BH grabs the 2nd seed which earned them a home game for Rd1! Forney gets to make the 8 hour round trip to BH…Geez! Forney will be bringing a balanced well coached team to The Hill that should make for a great game. I see this game playing out till the final minute with a 7 point victory by either team. This is a toss up for me, but being at home I’m going to of course go with the Eagles! Forney has a great history and tradition should be a fun game.

43 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

BH grabs the 2nd seed which earned them a home game for Rd1! Forney gets to make the 8 hour round trip to BH…Geez! Forney will be bringing a balanced well coached team to The Hill that should make for a great game. I see this game playing out till the final minute with a 7 point victory by either team. This is a toss up for me, but being at home I’m going to of course go with the Eagles! Forney has a great history and tradition should be a fun game.

Forney is really balanced. They will probably be the faster team. Their coach will seem to outcoach himself at times with personnel changes. He has a freshman running back that will be the fastest player on the field but gets taken out of the game a lot. The QB is a great game manager and is pretty accurate. 

The difference in this game will be the BH front 7. I think that gives them the edge.  If they can slow the run game and keep pressure on the QB, they should win.  Forney has a good set of receivers that can make you pay, so you can't let the QB sit back there. Forney's defense has definitely improved throughout the year but will be their undoing in this game.

I say BH by 10 at home. If they play around, Forney can swing this game the other way by 2 scores.

33 minutes ago, kingwolf1 said:

Forney is really balanced. They will probably be the faster team. Their coach will seem to outcoach himself at times with personnel changes. He has a freshman running back that will be the fastest player on the field but gets taken out of the game a lot. The QB is a great game manager and is pretty accurate. 

The difference in this game will be the BH front 7. I think that gives them the edge.  If they can slow the run game and keep pressure on the QB, they should win.  Forney has a good set of receivers that can make you pay, so you can't let the QB sit back there. Forney's defense has definitely improved throughout the year but will be their undoing in this game.

I say BH by 10 at home. If they play around, Forney can swing this game the other way by 2 scores.

Thanks for the insight. I have been combing through videos and stats. Forney is not to be underestimated their RB looks to be a load to bring down and that 6’6” receiver is going to be a matchup nightmare. The QB looks good too they look like a mirror of us except they have a running game that we will have to contend with. Neither team can afford turnovers in this game.

22 hours ago, Broncos2447 said:

Bh at home with the refs...bh wins

The same refs that hosed us last year on a crosby td and 2pt conversion? or the clock operator that left one second on the clock that allowed them one more play to throw a hail mary for a td? The refs in this area are bad across the board for both teams, to act like are some advantage is bizarre. 

Few predicted BH to claim the #2 seed this year. Some predicted a 4th seed, or even had BH missing out. The team had a few ups and downs, but at the end you are what your record says you are, at least as far as your district is concerned. BH earned it. Now, the district is done and playoffs are a different animal. The Eagles must elevate their game even more because playoff opponents are going to be sucessivly tougher. By that I mean more efficiency across the board. Less penalties, less turnovers, fewer missed tackles, more consistant execution. In the playoffs "Be good or be gone" is theme.

Good info about Forney has been shared by the Longview posters. As I look through their schedule they pretty much beat who they should, and lost to their top 2 district seeds. No real upsets happened either way. That tells me Forney is pretty predictable performance wise. BH has a bit more unpredictability, beating favored Crosby and KP but losing to LP. The game is at home for BH, and weather should be good. I do not see a significant advantage for either team. I think it comes down to execution and turnovers. On the surface this looks like a great matchup of 2-3 seeds that could go either way. I'll take our BH Eagles to win in a close game at home.    

17 hours ago, kenny powers said:

The same refs that hosed us last year on a crosby td and 2pt conversion? or the clock operator that left one second on the clock that allowed them one more play to throw a hail mary for a td? The refs in this area are bad across the board for both teams, to act like are some advantage is bizarre. 

I believe there is quite the shortage of officials across the state. With all of the expert officials we have on the SETX message board, you should be able to put together quite the crew! Hahahahaha  

On 11/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, BHFAN said:

Thanks for the insight. I have been combing through videos and stats. Forney is not to be underestimated their RB looks to be a load to bring down and that 6’6” receiver is going to be a matchup nightmare. The QB looks good too they look like a mirror of us except they have a running game that we will have to contend with. Neither team can afford turnovers in this game.

Their freshman running back is better than their bruising RB. If he gets in the open field, you won't catch him without a good angle.

If I were Forney I would have left today to travel down here so the boys can sleep in a little on Friday and feed them a good breakfast and lunch. They aren’t going to be able to go to school on Friday. Four hours is a quite a haul for a two and a half hour game. I know it will probably be charter buses but that is still a long time.