BH vs. Porter

BH gets Porter for the final district game. BH better be ready, Porter soundly beat LaPorte (who beat BH) and only lost by 1 to PAM, who just beat BH by 14. I don't know the official tie breakers but if BH wants a playoff path this is a must win for the Eagles. Essentially its a playoff game for BH.  

Yup Must win for BH. Win and they get 2nd or  3rd depending on the KWP/PAM game lose by 3 or more and no playoffs! Bad news is 50% chance of rain Friday and Porter is a down hill running team. If the rain stays away BH wins at home , but if it rains like it did in PAM BH loses IMO. The Eagles have to throw the ball to be successful.

RE the rain, its part of football, and has been for oh, I dunno, just the last 100 years or so. I will never blame weather conditions for a loss. Its incumbent on the staff and team to be ready to play and play efficiently on Friday night regardless of the weather. Prepare for it.

I clearly understand weather affects styles of play differently, but its just not an excuse. Teams should not be totally one dimensional since rain at times will be encountered. I don't think BH is. We can run the ball too. Porter is a real good team but they are not unbeatable. Its time to get it done.     

20 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

RE the rain, its part of football, and has been for oh, I dunno, just the last 100 years or so. I will never blame weather conditions for a loss. Its incumbent on the staff and team to be ready to play and play efficiently on Friday night regardless of the weather. Prepare for it.

I clearly understand weather affects styles of play differently, but its just not an excuse. Teams should not be totally one dimensional since rain at times will be encountered. I don't think BH is. We can run the ball too. Porter is a real good team but they are not unbeatable. Its time to get it done.     

It’s not an excuse, just some teams are built for it and this years team is not. Last years team would have faired much better with a power running back. PAM’s Athleticism made them the better team in the rain and Porters power running game would make them better too. BH has just enough of a running game to keep defenses honest, but not one that you can go to exclusively to win a game. The game against PAM IMO couldn’t be prepared for because your not going to beat them with a running attack, so you hope the rain is just light and not a tropical storm like it was.

Forecast says the rains are in the College Station area at 9pm and the western half of Harris Co. at 11PM. Looks like they might get to Mont Belvieu by 11:30pm-12:00am. 

Of course that's just a forecast, but what I am seeing is that weather should be a non issue from 7pm-10pm.    

This is the hidden content, please

The Eagles just need to get it done regardless of what comes.  

Game Day Eagles! PAM did us a solid by beating KWP last night! They also exposed us in the rain last week that I hope we can learn from because guess what? You got it, a Turd Floating Frog Strangler should be rolling in tonight around game time! The football gods either hate us or trying to make us stronger! Either way BH is home and has to find a way to win. This storm however may be severe which will cause delays, so who knows we could be playing Saturday to finish.  Good luck Boys it’s win for 2nd or lose and begin basketball… no pressure👍

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

How much notice would there be in order to move the game up and hour or two? 

No notice. Teams show up to play the game at the scheduled start time and if its delayed, they wait around... Porter will be pushing to play this game in the rain. Pray no lightning. Everyone be safe!