Cuero

GMGKSA

It's been a few years since I've been through Cuero. Is Smolik's BBQ still there?  We'd go through Cuero, then Yorktown and then Nordheim, and usually have dinner at Edgar & Gladys Cafe in Nordheim. Somewhere between Nordheim and Kenedy was our bird lease.  Great times. 

13 hours ago, GMGKSA said:

8-1 overall 4-0 in District 

Playing for the outright District Championship against La Grange this Friday

504 points scored so far and 116 Points allowed. 56 points a game and 12 points allowed. We have imo one of the best LB duos in the state at this level with Burks and Patek. Burks is a returning all state LB and leads the team with 17+ tackles per game and Patek is not far behind. The defense leads this team and the Offense is excellent too with the mix of run and pass. It just feels different being in region 3 after so many years in region 4 but you play who’s put on the schedule. I’ll be posting here for a bit since the other site went to hell I hope y’all don’t mind a stranger in the mix 😂 good luck to everyone’s team 

well, Galveston Ball has scored 491 points and only given up 14.

15 hours ago, alphadog said:

Wow. Give em the trophy now.

I would hold off on giving them the trophy. 
There is another defense that held 8 of 10 opponents to minus rushing yards at half time, allowed 2.7 points a game in 10 games. An offense that averages 42 points by half time. The starting defense gave up 27 points in 10 games. The offense and defensive starters have not taken a snap in the fourth quarter. 
QB has thrown for 2,503, 35 touchdowns, with 3 interceptions and he only played the first series in the third quarter. 
I can’t wait to see Silsbee and the Gobbler’s, we in the East know how good they are. 

5 hours ago, Horton said:

I would hold off on giving them the trophy. 
There is another defense that held 8 of 10 opponents to minus rushing yards at half time, allowed 2.7 points a game in 10 games. An offense that averages 42 points by half time. The starting defense gave up 27 points in 10 games. The offense and defensive starters have not taken a snap in the fourth quarter. 
QB has thrown for 2,503, 35 touchdowns, with 3 interceptions and he only played the first series in the third quarter. 
I can’t wait to see Silsbee and the Gobbler’s, we in the East know how good they are. 

With Jasper, not being worth a moments thought.  Carthage has only beaten Jasper how many times the past decade?  anywho..... nevermind me. I was JS.

21 hours ago, 1970 said:

It's been a few years since I've been through Cuero. Is Smolik's BBQ still there?  We'd go through Cuero, then Yorktown and then Nordheim, and usually have dinner at Edgar & Gladys Cafe in Nordheim. Somewhere between Nordheim and Kenedy was our bird lease.  Great times. 

Smoliks is still around and that’s some familiar territory you mentioned 👍🏻

Coach Ficak is a Shiner boy and Alvarez made his move to be closer to family. Ficak is in the perfect place for him Shiner is right up the road and by the looks of things Cuero picked a good one to replace Alvarez. IMO the offense is better under Ficak and the D has some dudes 😉 so we will see what happens