Dayton at Port neches - groves oct 14.

lcm93

25 minutes ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

I’m not hating on PAM at all. I’m just trying to prove png posters keep saying Dayton hasn’t played anyone at all but Porter is literally less than 7 ppg away from being first in their district. So they definitely aren’t a horrible team. Dayton is 0-1 against really good teams and png is 0-2 against really good teams. So I’m not seeing where the above png fan is figuring this game is going to be a cake walk like he or she thinks. 

31 minutes ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

I’m not hating on PAM at all. I’m just trying to prove png posters keep saying Dayton hasn’t played anyone at all but Porter is literally less than 7 ppg away from being first in their district. So they definitely aren’t a horrible team. Dayton is 0-1 against really good teams and png is 0-2 against really good teams. So I’m not seeing where png fans a figuring this game is going to be a cake walk like they think. 

It's going to come down to the wire !!

7 minutes ago, 1970 said:

Okay not all PNG fans are saying this. But I’ve seen a lot from previous post saying Dayton hasn’t played anyone. Making it sound like those fans think the game will be an easy win. 

1. this isn’t the same Dayton team png has played in the past 10 years or so. Daytons running backs are playing great football as well as their receivers. Qb is doing really good reading the field and making great decisions. 

2. Dayton vs png no matter how the teams are playing that year they always play their best games against each other. It is hard to call this one. It’s either going to be a shoot out or it’s going to be a defensive game. Either way who ever wins the game will be decided by 10 points or less. 

11 minutes ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

Agreed it’s going to be a great game. Only down fall for PNG is they picked Dayton for homecoming so Dayton is coming with a mission to show everyone they aren’t an easy homecoming win like years past. 

PNG arrogance seems misplaced. They only beat Dayton by a TD last year while Dayton was in full transition/rebuild. Dayton is still a "work in progress" but will bring quite a bit to the table that has not been available for the last several years. Dayton will have a "machine" built within the next couple of years. If PNG happens to win this one, they should savor the moment as Dayton will be a dominant force in the district in short order. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

PNG arrogance seems misplaced. They only beat Dayton by a TD last year while Dayton was in full transition/rebuild. Dayton is still a "work in progress" but will bring quite a bit to the table that has not been available for the last several years. Dayton will have a "machine" built within the next couple of years. If PNG happens to win this one, they should savor the moment as Dayton will be a dominant force in the district in short order. 

You could be right, but PNG has a lot of young players on the team and they look to have a pretty good few years.

PNG fan-base for the most part is probably the least arrogant in the district (  I've been on this board for a million years ) Every fan base has a few posters that are a little over top ,but everyone likes a little spice now and then I know I do. PNG has a dam-n good team and it would be a big accomplishment and surprise if we should beat them. Win or lose this will be a great test moving forward for the Broncos. 

53 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

PNG fan-base for the most part is probably the least arrogant in the district (  I've been on this board for a million years ) Every fan base has a few posters that are a little over top ,but everyone likes a little spice now and then I know I do. PNG has a dam-n good team and it would be a big accomplishment and surprise if we should beat them. Win or lose this will be a great test moving forward for the Broncos. 

You all know I have nothing but respect for Dayton. Great program, great school, and also our Purple brothers. I love playing Dayton. You guys have my respect and Indian Nation for the most part all feel that way. They even spoke on the radio broadcast about the mutual respect between our two teams. I have and always will be a fan of Dayton. Of course I have to pull for my Indians, but that's different than not respecting the product on the field. I have no doubt this has the makings of a great game. Dayton has proven themselves this year to be a worthy opponent and a legitimate contender. Good luck Purple brothers and sister's and please have a safe trip over to the Reservation. 

1. Home field:  advantage PNG

2. It's PNG Homecoming:  advantage Dayton

3. Strength of prior opponents:  advantage PNG (via PAM, FBM, WOS, TC)

4. All starters healthy:  advantage Dayton

5. H.S. Football Logic:  PAM defeated PNG + Porter defeated Dayton + PAM defeated Porter = no conclusion

Looks like a likely close game. Just based on visual appearance PNG may have a bit larger team, and bigger O Line. The PNG defense has played the last two games with 3 or maybe 4 backups, but they've done ok, and have gained some good experience. One of the Sr linebackers may return to action this week. Still, lots of seniors on the team. 

Tough one to call, but overall advantage, I think, PNG. 

5 hours ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

I’m not hating on PAM at all. I’m just trying to prove png posters keep saying Dayton hasn’t played anyone at all but Porter is literally less than 7 ppg away from being first in their district. So they definitely aren’t a horrible team. Dayton is 0-1 against really good teams and png is 0-2 against really good teams. So I’m not seeing where png fans a figuring this game is going to be a cake walk like they think. 

Show me where any PNG fan said it would be a cakewalk? Did you read my comment? Stop assuming every poster that don’t agree with you is a PNG fan and supporter. 

1 hour ago, PNGFaithful said:

Show me where any PNG fan said it would be a cakewalk? Did you read my comment? Stop assuming every poster that don’t agree with you is a PNG fan and supporter. 

Read my last post. I corrected myself. Not all png fans have said it but I have seen quite a few say well Dayton hasn’t played anyone making it sound like they think it will be an easy win. Yes I read your post and no I’m not going to go back to any previous post to show you what png fans have said. I was just trying to figure out why the ones that keep saying “but y’all haven’t played anyone” keep saying that. 

I think the PNG fans are some of the most realistic fans on this forum. I enjoy when we play png I like getting to see all of the purple on both sides. Once playoffs hit I usually try to attend as many PNG games as possible I loved the atmosphere of PNG football. With that being said good luck every game except for this one only because y’all picked us for homecoming even though y’all played willow ridge before us. Lol. 

7 hours ago, Daytonfan2010 said:

... y’all picked us for homecoming even though y’all played willow ridge before us. Lol. 

I'm curious now, how and when homecoming games are selected. I probably knew at one time, but don't really care now. But anyway, the Willow Ridge game was supposed to have been an away game, so the Dayton game actually was a true "homecoming".  

13 minutes ago, 1970 said:

I'm curious now, how and when homecoming games are selected. I probably knew at one time, but don't really care now. But anyway, the Willow Ridge game was supposed to have been an away game, so the Dayton game actually was a true "homecoming".  

Homecoming games are selected by local districts based upon the local district's perception about which team they believe they will assuredly beat. Example: Dayton played 4 HC games this year, FBM played 0 HC games. Willowridge, Nederland, GP can expect the majority of their away schedules to be HC games moving forward. 

In the future, Dayton will see less HC games as they have ruined HCs so far this year. 

Homecoming games are selected by local districts based upon the local district's perception about which team they believe they will assuredly beat. Example: Dayton played 4 HC games this year, FBM played 0 HC games. Willowridge, Nederland, GP can expect the majority of their away schedules to be HC games moving forward. 

In the future, Dayton will see less HC games as they have ruined HCs so far this year. 

Local districts?  I would hope that the AD selects the HC date.  Or else greatly influences it. 

A coach on another site said he would always pick a date that was at least 5 games into the season. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I know some schools pick a date for homecoming and it doesn't matter who the opponent will be. The date is the most important thing due to some scheduling conflicts (i.e. band contest, school functions(UIL) community functions, etc.)

The old "lets make sure to schedule the weakest opponent" is not necessarily considered anymore with all the extra activities students and communities have these days. It's mostly about what week is best for the homecoming that will suit as many as possible.

I know Silsbee doesn't really look at the opponent when scheduling homecoming. It's about what week works best. Silsbee's homecoming this year was week 2. That was as early as I have ever seen Silsbee have homecoming. But due to some conflicts later in the season, it was the best week for homecoming.

I know other schools that look at scheduling homecoming this same way.

On 10/10/2022 at 1:59 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

To better say it, I’m pissed. No excuse. Why not have an elite qb coach for a school capable of producing elite qb talent? I’m glad the defense is good, but for a head coach that comes from a school that produced Quinn Ewers, why not have a healthy appreciation for the fact that these qbs need to be constantly tutored and corrected? Qb play from png this year has been good, but not as good as nearly all of the Faircloth years. No reason to have a drop off. But if we aren’t using elite qb teachers, we won’t have elite qbs. 

Coming from offensive players on the team, that is what is happening.  They said that BF's playbook was eight pages and the new playbook is actually a book.  Also, they are teaching them to read a defense and go through progressions, something that evidently wasn't taught before.  Cole is having to relearn how he plays the position.  

38 minutes ago, modmouse78 said:

Coming from offensive players on the team, that is what is happening.  They said that BF's playbook was eight pages and the new playbook is actually a book.  Also, they are teaching them to read a defense and go through progressions, something that evidently wasn't taught before.  Cole is having to relearn how he plays the position.  

Interesting.....

2 hours ago, modmouse78 said:

They'll get better every week with it!

If that is all true, that was one hell of a good a🙊🙊 8 page offensive playbook & some damn good QB's Faircloth did not teach how to read defenses or go thru progressions in 12 years.  Down right more amazing Mr. Faircloth won as many games & was as successful as he was without a novel sized playbook & not teaching his players the basics of being a QB.  

3 hours ago, modmouse78 said:

What was the spacing that was utilized in the "book"? Also, what font size was used? Cant believe Faircloth made it as long as he did without knowing anything about QB or teaching QBs.

Especially considering that every middle school in the state teaches QBs how "to read a defense and go through progressions". Shocking.

To throw the ball as much as BF liked to throw the ball, I guarantee you his QB's knew how to read a defense. He has to be one of the best QB coaches this area has seen and not many can coach an offense like he can. Tremendous offensive minded coach! Just think how many games they would have won if he had defenses to go with those offenses! But he is gone and I'm interested in seeing how Coach Joseph does. I'm very excited to see PNG playing some defense again. It will only get better as the younger guys get use to it.  Looking for a good game vs Dayton. 

This game will be extremely close.  Assuming both teams play to their abilities.  I am so looking forward to see these two offenses in action & see how each defense responds.  I am ready for this game to start tonight!!!  God Bless both teams with an injury free night!😃🙏🏈