Dayton (45) @ Nederland (0) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Simple answer is we're talking about amateur sports, not the NCAA, NFL, MLB or any other billion-dollar sports corporation.  Talking about high school sports where most playing days are over in 4 years. 

If you pay someone big taxpayer bucks then you have to expect something.  The head coaches do.  You ask them at the beginning of the season what their expectations are and they'll say to win district and win State.  So -- why would my, and yours, expections be any different?!

If a coach went 0-10 every year and wouldn't resign, when would you pull the plug?  Or would you?

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

If you pay someone big taxpayer bucks then you have to expect something.  

If a coach went 0-10 every year and wouldn't resign, when would you pull the plug?  Or would you?

First and foremost, is an education then comes sports.  I'd expect a coach to be competitive, teach leadership, discipline, and how to function as a team.

I'm not one who lives and dies by the outcome of a high school game.  Does is suck to lose, of course but a high school game will not define the life and career of most student athletes.

All I ask for is for mine to give 100%, leave it all out on the field, and to walk away with a little knowledge that he can take with him through life.