Dayton (45) @ Nederland (0) - FINAL

jdawg03

I am going to reserve judgement on Nederland until this group has a chance to be refined...they are very young and I am still very confident that their best football is ahead of them (if they can avoid listening to people like the one's on here)...this year saw the program lose a number of players and key contributors for various reasons that, from what I know of, are very abnormal and unusual circumstances...it left the team with more holes to fill than usual; they are filling them as best they can, and will be stronger for it down the line...tough times don't build character, they reveal it...some of the naysayers on here are showing theirs, but hey, it's an opinion board and everybody is entitled to theirs...I said it on another thread and I'll repeat it here, to blame coaching during a bad season, to me, is just too easy, lazy, and low hanging fruit...let's see what happens over the long haul...these same coaches had a group of kids in the 3rd round just 2 seasons ago that frankly, not many thought would be there...are they worse coaches now or maybe, just maybe, are the circumstances different this season?  Just a little something to think about

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Did you not see the game against Dayton?

Spread this mess?  Are we not seeing the same performance?

And yes, when it's time, I'll be making my opinions known to the school board.  Time is getting nigh!

But, one must remember -- Kiesknick is a home grown individual like the HC is.  Plus even the principal (Neumann's daughter?!) is home grown.  So not sure if they would ever pull the plug.  But, like you said, if there's enough pressure, well, then, maybe some action will be taken.  Again, all of this is my opinion!  

You been posting the negative opinions about Barrow & his staff's coaching abilities the day Uncle Larry announced his retirement 6 or 7 years ago, so I believe its more a personal issue or dislike for Barrow & anyone "home grown" employed at NISD. 

9 minutes ago, Razor said:

Heck, Reagan used to gripe about Neumann, too...lol...you bring in someone else, and short of winning state every year, he will be against them, too

Accord to Reaganomics Neumann should of had at least 3 rings

formula:    Years as coach   /    7     =   minimum state championships considered acceptable

24 / 7 = 3 rings

12 minutes ago, KF89 said:

You been posting the negative opinions about Barrow & his staff's coaching abilities the day Uncle Larry announced his retirement 6 or 7 years ago, so I believe its more a personal issue or dislike for Barrow & anyone "home grown" employed at NISD. 

Me thinks Reagan wants to be head man. Reminds me of another complainer on the site 😂

5 minutes ago, Razor said:

Heck, Reagan used to gripe about Neumann, too...lol...you bring in someone else, and short of winning state every year, he will be against them, too

It was literally an everyday thing during the seasons 🤣

3 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Neumann had ample time to win state. He went over the 7 year mark

The dreaded 7yr mark 😂

2 minutes ago, Razor said:

Buddy remembers...lol

How many school board meetings was Reagan at demanding a better coach be hired then Larry Neuman? Can't wait to see who this person is when he shows up at the "right time" giving his opinion to the school board why Barrow needs to be fired & any other "home grown" staff members at NISD need to be gone also.

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

How many school board meetings was Reagan at demanding a better coach be hired then Larry Neuman? Can't wait to see who this person is when he shows up at the "right time" giving his opinion to the school board why Barrow needs to be fired & any other "home grown" staff members at NISD need to be gone also.

If you only knew!  But, let's just say I don't go to meetings.  I work board members and Superintendents through personal contact and more recently emails!  Once it opens up, trust me, I'll be involved.  

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

So, what do you have personal here with Nederland?  You work there?  You have relatives on the staff?  You have relatives within the district?  Are you personal friends with any of the coaches?  

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Accord to Reaganomics Neumann should of had at least 3 rings

formula:    Years as coach   /    7     =   minimum state championships considered acceptable

24 / 7 = 3 rings

I do like the word Reaganomics.  But I don't think i meant anything like what you are saying.  Remember, Neumann was the third choice.   The 7 year proposition is that, I feel if a coach can't do it by his 7th year that it probably won't happen.  Is it 100%?  No, nothing is.  But, I'd give it 90% accurate.  It was obvious by the 7th year a State Title was not in Nederland's future.  Proven correct!  But, I knew before that that it wasn't probably going to happen.  When I watched early on that Silsbee RB rushed for over 400 yards that, to me, was a telling indication.  But, I have said that I thought Neumann had the ability to win a State Title.  But -- he had one blind spot that prevented him from doing it.  Again, my opinion!

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I do like the word Reaganomics.  But I don't think i meant anything like what you are saying.  Remember, Neumann was the third choice.   The 7 year proposition is that, I feel if a coach can't do it by his 7th year that it probably won't happen.  Is it 100%?  No, nothing is.  But, I'd give it 90% accurate.  It was obvious by the 7th year a State Title was not in Nederland's future.  Proven correct!  But, I knew before that that it wasn't probably going to happen.  When I watched early on that Silsbee RB rushed for over 400 yards that, to me, was a telling indication.  But, I have said that I thought Neumann had the ability to win a State Title.  But -- he had one blind spot that prevented him from doing it.  Again, my opinion!

7 years..... Does that apply any and all schools?

10 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

EVERY school in Texas that has not won a championship in 7 years should fire their coach and if they don't win in 7 more years... fire that coach too?  Right??  

Well, it all depends what are the goals of the fans and the tax payers.  If the expectations are low, then they'll be met every time!  If you pay someone big bucks then something should be expected.  It's like that in private business so why not public business?  

Just now, Reagan said:

Well, it all depends what are the goals of the fans and the tax payers.  If the expectations are low, then they'll be met every time!  If you pay someone big bucks then something should be expected.  It's like that in private business so why not public business?  

Simple answer is we're talking about amateur sports, not the NCAA, NFL, MLB or any other billion-dollar sports corporation.  Talking about high school sports where most playing days are over in 4 years.