Jump to content

Galena Park North Shore (62) @ Beaumont United (0) - FINAL


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

So, Beaumont with a population of 115K with one high school.  I submit as evidence Alief and Plano as ISDs with huge schools and no success in football.  When the UIL works their majic in '24, the 6A cutoff number will rise, which should drop WB and BU to 5A D1.  All the growth is west of the Trinity river

It’s still more that needs to be done besides having one high school obviously but it’s definitely a start & the only possible way to build a successful program in Beaumont if they’re going to be competing at the 6A level 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old Charlton Pollard and Hebert HSs had some great football teams, and basketball too.  French HS had some very good basketball teams, and good football for a few years, and went to state one year. 

I moved away from the area for a few years, and when I returned in the late 90s, IIRC there was Central, and Westbrook and maybe BCP. 

I moved off again, and returned in 2015, and there was Ozen, and Central. Since then it seems every time I turn around there's a new school, and now there's BU, and Westbrook.  I know things change, but I can't recall seeing so much change for HSs in a town. Anyway, I hope it gets better for the kids, now and going forward. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, wbfan said:

What were you saying about goose eggs @BMTSoulja1

It’s about what I expected when you play the defending 6a DI state champs they returned damn near everyone.  I’m not trippin.  They’re going to do y’all worse.  And I don’t think imma ride your arse that week because it’s gonna be a tail whipping of epic proportions.  Now that I think about it….  Naaaah.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted the following in the WB Summer Creek thread

 

WB and BU are low on talent lately but even if Beaumont had 1 school, 2 schools, or 3 it wouldn’t make a difference. For the most part, and there are a few exceptions but not many, the successful schools in 5 and 6a are large suburban schools in which the districts have money and the parents too.  The schools have better facilities, coaches, and the parents have money to pay for individual coaching.   For the most part WB and BU are missing both of these two ingredients. It’s sad, but Beaumont ain’t what it used to be and it’s getting much worse.  The schools are dangerously close to being like inner city schools. This isn’t the kids fault and I feel sorry for them because it’s the parents and former administrators that ruined everything.   Maybe they can turn it around but it’s unlikely. A drop to 5a might help but people of all types are leaving BISD and I think that’s what left won’t win many games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

So, Beaumont with a population of 115K with one high school.  I submit as evidence Alief and Plano as ISDs with huge schools and no success in football.  When the UIL works their majic in '24, the 6A cutoff number will rise, which should drop WB and BU to 5A D1.  All the growth is west of the Trinity river

Alief has at least a state finals appearance as they dominated chip ambres 1997 bruins in the dome for the region 3 title. Plano has a couple of ships at least and also state final appearances. 
 

My honest opinion is if you combine the BISD schools - there would be a huge exodus to Lumberton, Nederland and PNG. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Oldschool16 said:

I posted the following in the WB Summer Creek thread

 

WB and BU are low on talent lately but even if Beaumont had 1 school, 2 schools, or 3 it wouldn’t make a difference. For the most part, and there are a few exceptions but not many, the successful schools in 5 and 6a are large suburban schools in which the districts have money and the parents too.  The schools have better facilities, coaches, and the parents have money to pay for individual coaching.   For the most part WB and BU are missing both of these two ingredients. It’s sad, but Beaumont ain’t what it used to be and it’s getting much worse.  The schools are dangerously close to being like inner city schools. This isn’t the kids fault and I feel sorry for them because it’s the parents and former administrators that ruined everything.   Maybe they can turn it around but it’s unlikely. A drop to 5a might help but people of all types are leaving BISD and I think that’s what left won’t win many games. 

But in basketball this will be a very different conversation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

PAM would have the breaks beat off of them as well by those two opponents 

Hmmmm.....You brought them (MHS) into the convo, we'll never know, but we don't get skunked by either opponent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One could say Memorial beats the brakes off WB and BU the way those two are currently playing. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Baytown Sterling and/or Porter versus either in bold would be a good game maybe?? 

 

But we definitely know what happened in the 2 games this week though within BISD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

But in basketball this will be a very different conversation 

Agreed. But we aren’t talking basketball and it’s a sport where you don’t need as many kids and facilities don’t make a huge difference.   Dont get me wrong, I wish and hope Beaumont gets better in football, but I realistically don’t see it happening.  Too many things in the community at large are against them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kowboy98 said:

Alief has at least a state finals appearance as they dominated chip ambres 1997 bruins in the dome for the region 3 title. Plano has a couple of ships at least and also state final appearances. 
 

My honest opinion is if you combine the BISD schools - there would be a huge exodus to Lumberton, Nederland and PNG. 

 

 

... and Hamshire Fannett.  In fact you don't have to live in Hamshire or Fannett in order to attend there, if you have the money to pay the fee or whatever. Lots of Beaumonters go there based on what I hear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hmmmm.....You brought them (MHS) into the convo, we'll never know, but we don't get skunked by either opponent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One could say Memorial beats the brakes off WB and BU the way those two are currently playing. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Baytown Sterling and/or Porter versus either in bold would be a good game maybe?? 

 

But we definitely know what happened in the 2 games this week though within BISD. 

Be careful about boasting. The previous poster did clearly say PAM would get the brakes beat off of them, not getting shutout .  Stop trying to twist folks words.  It’s the oldest trick in the book.  
 

Because, yea, you might’ve scored a TD in garbage time against NS, but it will definitely be an arse whipping.  Summer Creek would run away with it also VS PAM.

Sooooo, same result.

Maybe you need to get your team to focus on peaking at the end of the season and wining that playoff game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway, CLEARLY, we have work to do.  Now that we’ve gotten this game out of the way, we can go back to focusing on some things, like blocking better (we won’t face a front 7 as good as NS no more this season), getting the ball to our 6’5” receiver sober the top when he’s one on one, and get our special teams in gear.  Even though we got beat down, I saw some good things on defense that I think can be built upon.  
 

If it turns out our QB is good to go, I expect more improvements fro this team.  
 

We knew the jump to 6a would be a challenge, so we just want to get better overall, including coaching.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Anyway, CLEARLY, we have work to do.  Now that we’ve gotten this game out of the way, we can go back to focusing on some things, like blocking better (we won’t face a front 7 as good as NS no more this season), getting the ball to our 6’5” receiver sober the top when he’s one on one, and get our special teams in gear.  Even though we got beat down, I saw some good things on defense that I think can be built upon.  
 

If it turns out our QB is good to go, I expect more improvements fro this team.  
 

We knew the jump to 6a would be a challenge, so we just want to get better overall, including coaching.  

You have a 6'5" receiver that isn't sober?  Being sober likely would help.  That's an issue. 

I know it was a typo.  Still a funny read. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Oldschool16 said:

I posted the following in the WB Summer Creek thread

 

WB and BU are low on talent lately but even if Beaumont had 1 school, 2 schools, or 3 it wouldn’t make a difference. For the most part, and there are a few exceptions but not many, the successful schools in 5 and 6a are large suburban schools in which the districts have money and the parents too.  The schools have better facilities, coaches, and the parents have money to pay for individual coaching.   For the most part WB and BU are missing both of these two ingredients. It’s sad, but Beaumont ain’t what it used to be and it’s getting much worse.  The schools are dangerously close to being like inner city schools. This isn’t the kids fault and I feel sorry for them because it’s the parents and former administrators that ruined everything.   Maybe they can turn it around but it’s unlikely. A drop to 5a might help but people of all types are leaving BISD and I think that’s what left won’t win many games. 

 

Beaumont has always been tough but in the 1980s-2000s all of the schools were competitive.

When I played at Brook in the 2000s, our fieldhouse was leaky, half of our weights were rusty, the practice field was crappy yet we competed and always made the playoffs. We always wanted to kick the Houston suburban kids' arse because we had a chip on our shoulders after seeing their facilities and nicer uniforms.

We beat defending state finalist Hightower, Clear Creek, Fort Bend Marshall, Baytown Lee at its peak, North Shore, loaded PA Memorial teams and so on and so forth.

2000s Central also had bad facilities but they beat Pflugerville Conally, West Orange-Stark, Oak Ridge, Angleton, dominated Nederland and many others.

 

Ozen had the best facilities of the 3 schools which still weren't exactly state of the art but beat 10-0 Galena Park, Brenham and several others as well.

 

 

 

Aside from 2018, I don't know what's happened. Now that you mentioned better facilities and parents pay for private coaching, maybe it's a toughness issue and the kids are too soft now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    43,559
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Bluecougar22
    Newest Member
    Bluecougar22
    Joined

×
×
  • Create New...