PNG v. Fort Bend Marshall (09/24/22 @ 12:00)

Rez Ipsa

I’m not having the same optimism. On the one hand, PNG looks like the nasty, rough defense we’ve all thought we’d never see again out of the Reservation. On the other hand, PAM (the only untroubled, steady, complete team we’ve played so far) made us look pretty silly. Ok, take away some points from PAM and give us a few to account for first-game, new coach jitters. It still shows us struggling against size, teamwork, and speed. I feel like we have a chance to make a massive statement. Our conditioning seems to be years ahead of a typical Faircloth team, and our tackling is much better. The offense appears more than competent. But I’ll have to see it to believe it against FBM. 

39 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I’m not having the same optimism. On the one hand, PNG looks like the nasty, rough defense we’ve all thought we’d never see again out of the Reservation. On the other hand, PAM (the only untroubled, steady, complete team we’ve played so far) made us look pretty silly. Ok, take away some points from PAM and give us a few to account for first-game, new coach jitters. It still shows us struggling against size, teamwork, and speed. I feel like we have a chance to make a massive statement. Our conditioning seems to be years ahead of a typical Faircloth team, and our tackling is much better. The offense appears more than competent. But I’ll have to see it to believe it against FBM. 

Agree, FBM is always a powerhouse. Our Defense is better than in the past so gives us a chance. Tommy Reed is out so it will drop to underclassmen. We have some solid underclass rock carriers though so lit will be interesting 

39 minutes ago, 1970 said:

Why is this game time in the middle of the day? I think the players will be ok, but I don't think all of the folks in the stands will be.  Umbrellas aren't allowed in most stadiums now, so I'll be wearing my wide brimmed golf hat. 

Other FBISD Stadium is under renovation.  All schools playing home games at Mercer.  We got the "lucky" Saturday day game.

No umbrellas is correct.  I have found that a large beach towel over your cap & head & arms at least provides some shade at a hot day game.  Have a safe trip, see you there!

57 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Other FBISD Stadium is under renovation.  All schools playing home games at Mercer.  We got the "lucky" Saturday day game.

No umbrellas is correct.  I have found that a large beach towel over your cap & head & arms at least provides some shade at a hot day game.  Have a safe trip, see you there!

Nederland is playing Fort bend Marshall at Stafford high school 4a school outside of Houston!

3 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

Stafford Spartans there in the same district as bay city ,El Campo and Navasota!!

I know who Stafford is!!!!!!!!! 

Smh 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@AggiesAreWe Is it confirmed they're playing at their stadium? Thought all games were at Mercer? 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I know who Stafford is!!!!!!!!! 

Smh 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@AggiesAreWe Is it confirmed they're playing at their stadium? Thought all games were at Mercer? 

Fort bend isd has 2 stadiums mercer and Ken hall ! Ken hall is being renovated at this moment that's why the Nederland/Marshall game was moved to stafford spartans stadium!!