Team/individual stats

pakronos

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Maybe Maxpreps

good luck with the accuracy.

There was a time the Beaumont Enterprise would give a run down on the whole area's teams stats. Both team & individuals.  I want to say on Tuesdays it was(maybe Mondays). I liked it alot.

So much for that nowadays.

Bmt Enterprise on Saturday morning.  Scores of most local games in small print at top of page 1.  Sports page had box scores on virtually every game.  This was back when newspapers actually printed……the news.  Sunday would have individual stat leaders.  It was the highlight of the weekend.

Not sure what happens now.  I suspect they have a person who scans the Drudge Report and picks out stories they like - copy & paste.  Journalism has sure changed.

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

Bmt Enterprise on Saturday morning.  Scores of most local games in small print at top of page 1.  Sports page had box scores on virtually every game.  This was back when newspapers actually printed……the news.  Sunday would have individual stat leaders.  It was the highlight of the weekend.

Not sure what happens now.  I suspect they have a person who scans the Drudge Report and picks out stories they like - copy & paste.  Journalism has sure changed.

Journalism (well at least sports journalism has changed) because newspapers were slow to adapt to the digital world, that combined with massively reduced revenue streams have forced most small papers out of business and bigger papers to get swallowed up by corporate congolomerates who slash the budgets even more.....what really killed the newspaper was the loss of classified ad revenue...when that stuff went onlint to Craig's List etc...its absolutely gutted a massive revenue stream for newspapers and they never adapted/recovered

16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

If you aren’t keeping up with Winnsboro.. you might want to.  Former SeTx coach Josh Finney and his son are having quite the season so far.

This is the hidden content, please

Don't let Reagan see this. 😂