Spring Westfield (25) @ Galena Park North Shore (55) - FINAL

jdawg03

27 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not being the only district to have open enrollment does not make it right.  

You mention ‘favorable demographics’.  I’m not buying this one bit.  If you look at the name and the dancers, it’s all Hispanic kids. This holds true with the overall demographic makeup of the school.  70.3% Hispanic kids in the district.  

This is the hidden content, please

But amazingly, if you look at the football team, it’s probably 1% Hispanic.  And I’m saying Hispanic. Cause we all know those kids generally only take soccer seriously in athletics.  So you mean to tell me the rest of the kids on the football team is from that area where I showed you the demographics?  And let’s dig a bit farther here.  The other high school in the district has a significant different type of demographic but are pulling from the same resources as the other high school.  And again, they don’t compete in any of the major athletics.  

They’ve had a nearly 100% black football team for years and years.   They had “favorable” demographics when they weren’t very good.   Along came Aymond, and they became good.   Under Kay, they are great.   The best program in Texas.

The demographics on the team didn’t change.   If anything, the hispanic population of the school has increased, and has ballooned their school enrollment, but most likely hasn’t aided in football participation.

Open enrollment doesn’t hurt, no doubt.   But I don’t think it would matter if Beaumont had open enrollment, or only had 1 high school, they are so far behind GPNS in football, whether it be culture, coaching, or talent, that they couldn’t compete.

31 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

They’ve had a nearly 100% black football team for years and years.   They had “favorable” demographics when they weren’t very good.   Along came Aymond, and they became good.   Under Kay, they are great.   The best program in Texas.

The demographics on the team didn’t change.   If anything, the hispanic population of the school has increased, and has ballooned their school enrollment, but most likely hasn’t aided in football participation.

Open enrollment doesn’t hurt, no doubt.   But I don’t think it would matter if Beaumont had open enrollment, or only had 1 high school, they are so far behind GPNS in football, whether it be culture, coaching, or talent, that they couldn’t compete.

Maybe not true if Beaumont had one high school and we can pull talent from the whole golden triangle and claim it’s open enrollment…

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Maybe not true if Beaumont had one high school and we can pull talent from the whole golden triangle and claim it’s open enrollment

You have way more faith in BISD administration to hire a guy like Jon Kay to lead the program.    They’d pay down and get a guy with a sub .500 record, and recycle every 4 years.  

2 hours ago, MackLewis said:

You have way more faith in BISD administration to hire a guy like Jon Kay to lead the program.    They’d pay down and get a guy with a sub .500 record, and recycle every 4 years.  

You missed my point completely.  I was talking strictly talent.  But nice little joke about the coaching.  And I see you have a little cheerleader the only one laughing…

52 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You missed my point completely.  I was talking strictly talent.  But nice little joke about the coaching.  And I see you have a little cheerleader the only one laughing…

You the one that has something against NS on here right now. Is it cause of that incoming arse beating? 

I always see North Shore whipping up on everyone and I go to their Hudl expecting 10-12 big time recruits and they really don't usually have it like that. Maybe two or three highly recruited guys and a team full of UTSA and Lamar University guys. Last year's state championship defensive MVP for them is at Grand View, an NAIA college in Iowa.

I feel like they are more like Katy except with just a few notches better athletes across the board. Well coached, execute the game plan, confident in their abilities.

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Beaumont has plenty of talent.    GPNS is twice as big as either BISD school, so of course they will naturally have more talent in numbers.

But North Shore don’t have the talent on a yearly basis as Duncanville or Desoto.   But they are much better coached, and play way better as a team.   North Shore plays complimentary football as well as any school in Texas.   That’s coaching.   They don’t win on talent alone.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:52 PM, MackLewis said:

BISD is paying two coaches about $100K each. That's $200K at their disposal. No highschool football coach in the state is making that. With one school BISD could package the AD and HC job together and have their pick of any coach they wanted.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:25 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

And 99.8% know that. Just say NS is recruiting, just come out and say it. Then breathe. 

Their best D-lineman is a Senior that played for spring last year. There 5-star CB last year that went to A&M was from Alief. No of course NS doesn't recruit. 🤷🏿‍♂️

9 hours ago, Yeoj said:

BISD is paying two coaches about $100K each. That's $200K at their disposal. No highschool football coach in the state is making that. With one school BISD could package the AD and HC job together and have their pick of any coach they wanted.

You would be surprised at how many high school football coaches in this state that is making 6 figures.

19 hours ago, Yeoj said:

You pay a head football 200 grand in BISD and the fecal matter would hit the cooling machine.  I know most of us on this site are pro athletics and might like the idea if it, but that kind of salary can't be justified without a massive tax base town before we even discuss other admistrative salaries and most importantly teacher pay.  Just can't justify it.  

On the North Shore issue, in 2001 or 2002 (yes 20 years ago) I was on the campus for all district selections for another sport. The NS rep at that meeting was asked about the football program. He knew little about the day to day operation, but stated 2 very important things.  Many of the football players lived very close to the school and practically "lived" at the school in the summer.  The other was how the kids, again being so close, lived in the weight room all summer.  

Can you get the BISD kids to the weight room in the summer on a consistent basis?  Much more spread out population, so transportation is a major issue. That one detail alone is huge and was a major factor for West Brook and Central at the time.  Extremely dominated up front on both sides of the ball.  Yes, coaching, technique, genetics, numbers, etc. all play a role, but the weight room, for the big boys especially, is extremely important. 

At that time, and I hope it has changed one BISD school had several football players that were not even in athletics because they were behind credits and had to make up academic courses.  Thus, they couldn't even be in the period.  Quite strange to see kids stroll out to practice after school that were NOT in the athletic PE class.  If this is still going on, hire anyone you wish and they are behind before they start.  Again, I hope it has changed!  

I'm wordy here I know, but simply combining the programs would likely make for a better team.  However, how much would be very debatable. 

12 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

You pay a head football 200 grand in BISD and the fecal matter would hit the cooling machine.  I know most of us on this site are pro athletics and might like the idea if it, but that kind of salary can't be justified without a massive tax base town before we even discuss other admistrative salaries and most importantly teacher pay.  Just can't justify it.  

On the North Shore issue, in 2001 or 2002 (yes 20 years ago) I was on the campus for all district selections for another sport. The NS rep at that meeting was asked about the football program. He knew little about the day to day operation, but stated 2 very important things.  Many of the football players lived very close to the school and practically "lived" at the school in the summer.  The other was how the kids, again being so close, lived in the weight room all summer.  

Can you get the BISD kids to the weight room in the summer on a consistent basis?  Much more spread out population, so transportation is a major issue. That one detail alone is huge and was a major factor for West Brook and Central at the time.  Extremely dominated up front on both sides of the ball.  Yes, coaching, technique, genetics, numbers, etc. all play a role, but the weight room, for the big boys especially, is extremely important. 

At that time, and I hope it has changed one BISD school had several football players that were not even in athletics because they were behind credits and had to make up academic courses.  Thus, they couldn't even be in the period.  Quite strange to see kids stroll out to practice after school that were NOT in the athletic PE class.  If this is still going on, hire anyone you wish and they are behind before they start.  Again, I hope it has changed!  

I'm wordy here I know, but simply combining the programs would likely make for a better team.  However, how much would be very debatable. 

Dude Beaumont ISD is paying two guys about $100K each and an Athletic Director over $100K. Hypothetically speaking of one school, if you combined those jobs into one and paid that person $200K, BISD would still be saving money. My statement was in response to you saying BISD would never hire a guy like Kay.

12 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

You're just using this as a chance to take shots at Beaumont. You sound like that vertically challenged mental midget that played football for Ozen and is currently working for North Shore. Next time you go to a NS football game, look at their band, cheerleaders, and dance team. That school's demographics are pretty close to the other high school in that district except for sports teams. Now you're just saying stuff. LMAO...

in know way was anything i stated anything negative to you.  I stayed information that is accurate with justifiable questions. 

We can get in a urination competition or we can discuss a rationale question.  How do you get the kids to the weight room in such a spread out area?

My only connection to Ozen was approximately 20 years ago and contacting the BISD AD about letting an Ozen team use "my" facility to practice while "theirs" was being built.  Such a hole on the back side I am!  

I throw out something that needs to be examined.  Someone questions how do we find a way to catch up?  I know, let's attack the person that asks the question.  PRODUCTIVE!!!

I just read your message again and your shot at a person not involved here tells me all I need to know.   You are implying I am someone I am not and that person doesn't deserve that at all.  

I work as an educator only with no coaching duties now. You owe the present NS coach you just attacked an apology.  I don't care what you think of me.  

7 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

in know way was anything i stated anything negative to you.  I stayed information that is accurate with justifiable questions. 

We can get in a urination competition or we can discuss a rationale question.  How do you get the kids to the weight room in such a spread out area?

My only connection to Ozen was approximately 20 years ago and contacting the BISD AD about letting an Ozen team use "my" facility to practice while "theirs" was being built.  Such a hole on the back side I am!  

I throw out something that needs to be examined.  Someone questions how do we find a way to catch up?  I know, let's attack the person that asks the question.  PRODUCTIVE!!!

West Brook has had over 90% participation in its summer football program since Flannigan. So there's that.