Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Beaumont United (0) FINAL

jdawg03

I think best defensive effort in 10 years. In position and not a ton of missed tackles. Tommy ran the ball well, and hard. I’m by no means expecting a State Championship run, but if we can stop turning the ball over, we can stay in games. Scheme wise, I have no issues with what we are doing. I like what the tall QB is doing when given the opportunity.  Although not sure it’s legal for the announcer to say we have a change at QB before 4th down. But a much better performance on the defensive side of the ball IMO. Offensive line played well and gave the RBs plenty of room to run. I would love to see QB2 get more plays, he has a knack for big plays and not turning the ball over, although he doesn’t have the big arm, just from what I have seen, he doesn’t run timid, and doesn’t shy away from contact, and is very mobile and fast. I like what I seen this week. Next week will be tough competition versus a team we have beaten 2 times in 40 years, so we will see how it all shakes out.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Port Neches-Groves (49) @ Beaumont United (0) FINAL