Anahuac at hardin jefferson sept 2

lcm93

Just now, oldschool2 said:

Then perhaps Coach Barrier is influencing the play calling a little.  

Or the fact that Neece is utilizing the talents he currently has. Anahuac has a pretty good set of receivers, very good size and athletic ability. Most of the passes were short routes that the receiver turned into big gain. Also, several of the throws were fade routes that the bigger receiver took advantage of the smaller defender. Not alot of passes that were 15+ yards down field.

Newton had a handle on Anahuac's run game so Neece was going to the passing game pretty often to hopefully open up the run game.

2nd half, Newton took away the short passes therefore getting the shutout in 2nd half.

Neece knows what he has and that's a talented freshman QB that in time will eventually be the man for the offense.

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Or the fact that Neece is utilizing the talents he currently has. Anahuac has a pretty good set of receivers, very good size and athletic ability. Most of the passes were short routes that the receiver turned into big gain. Also, several of the throws were fade routes that the bigger receiver took advantage of the smaller defender. Not alot of passes that were 15+ yards down field.

Newton had a handle on Anahuac's run game so Neece was going to the passing game pretty often to hopefully open up the run game.

2nd half, Newton took away the short passes therefore getting the shutout in 2nd half.

Neece knows what he has and that's a talented freshman QB that in time will eventually be the man for the offense.

Certainly.  To be clear, I'm not implying that Neece is doing anything other that what HE feels is the best thing to do to make HIS team successful.  Good coaches know what they have and make adjustments to their strengths.  I'm simply stating that it's likely, now that he has another strong offensive mind on staff and a talented young passing quarterback, that there's been responsibilities delegated to said parties in some form or fashion.  I'm not taking credit of any sort away from the head coach.  Just that certain parts of the offensive strategy may have adjusted in part to another coach.. even if Neece himself is calling plays. 

9 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I gotcha.  Well.. was it a typically called game for Neece compared to his usual play calling habits?  It seems that the young QB slung it around a little.  That par?

vegas joe referred to the kid as the next "sam bradford" - i am not sure what all that entails

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

AAW, if you had to grade the Freshman on his first start against the #3 team in the state, and arguably the most dominant program ever in the SETX area, how would you grade him? 

5 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

AAW, if you had to grade the Freshman on his first start against the #3 team in the state, and arguably the most dominant program ever in the SETX area, how would you grade him? 

I would give him an A for what he was asked to do. Short passes, don't take a sack, be accurate.

2nd half after Newton made some adjustments is where he looked more like a freshman.

Overall a solid B.

19 minutes ago, forREALtho said:

Freshman against Newton for first game?    Receivers dropped some balls. Prolly couple TDs.  A for sure.  Looks like gonna be a good year for the panthers and can’t wait to see them progress.  
And what’s matter with fade routes?

Nothing at all. Just pointing out that route helps the bigger receiver and doesn't necessarily have to be a pin point accurate throw.

I recall one pass dropped that COULD have (not would have) been a TD.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Nothing at all. Just pointing out that route helps the bigger receiver and doesn't necessarily have to be a pin point accurate throw.

I recall one pass dropped that COULD have (not would have) been a TD.

Was the game closer than the final score?  

Barrier kid is going to be something special to watch.  He knows the game and is accurate with his passes, but he is still a freshman and will only get better with time.  In regards to who is calling the plays I believe Neece is calling the bulk of them in collaboration with his offensive coordinator Jackson Gore.  Gore played for Neece in Kirbyville and know his offense like it is his own.  I believe Barrier has input on the passing game.  The game against Newton was closer than the score indicated.  I think Anahuac has a very good group of players this year and should win the district and hopefully make a run.